Old 09-24-2015, 07:37 AM   #1
RaginCajun
New Member!

In God We Trust situation

I work in law enforcement in La. The boss is planning to put in god we trust on the back of our police vehicles. I can stand up and say what we all know should be said. But....this would would make me a target and my days of doing this career ( 20 yrs) would be seriously be in jeopardy. But, i have a serious problem with a department's religious views being forced on me and the entire community. This may be a huge law suit before it is over. Appreciate support on this, thanks
RaginCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #2
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
RaginCajun wrote View Post
I work in law enforcement in La. The boss is planning to put in god we trust on the back of our police vehicles. I can stand up and say what we all know should be said. But....this would would make me a target and my days of doing this career ( 20 yrs) would be seriously be in jeopardy. But, i have a serious problem with a department's religious views being forced on me and the entire community. This may be a huge law suit before it is over. Appreciate support on this, thanks
Hi RajinCajun. Are you sure this isn't a funny little govquip? As in, all others are under suspicion.
It's not going to happen, you've got a law against it.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
RaginCajun
New Member!

absolutely real.....one of the guys was taking measurements on the back of units the other day and he said it was for those decals.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
RaginCajun
New Member!

The boss is simply following suit as other agencies in La and Tx are doing it. Now there is a brand new law suit by ACLU with one of them,,,not sure who, its on the net though
Old 09-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #5
AtomJack

These guys are wasting taxpayer dollars better spent on equipment:

A. for putting the signs on
B. having to go through court
C. having to remove them.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #6
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Aren't you a tad late to complain about this?
Looks like it's been your national motto since 1956 and happily blazened across your wonga.

I reckon you're fucked and had better get used to it!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
Michael
Obsessed Member

Good luck with it, but I fear you might be fighting a losing battle with that one.
Like you said, it will likely make you a target in your workpace speaking up about it, and legally you don't currently have a leg to stand on, since it is your country's motto.

I have heard about - as you mentioned - lawsuits being put in place to remove it as the national motto, and perhaps you would be better served contributing to that, somehow, rather than fighting a losing battle that will just gain you the animosity of those you work with?

It's a shitty sounding situation, and I empathise with you. I would just suggest not making any rash actions without thinking hard about potential ramifications first, but you're likely doing that already anyway.

If nothing else, you can come here and rage about how shitty it is. We'll let you.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
AtomJack

Reminds me of when I used to have a job (I'm retired); it was called "golden handcuffs"- the point where the employer could do all sorts of crap, but you were at the point where you couldn't just leave, due to being invested in the 401(k) and retirement annuity.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:58 AM   #9
Davin
Obsessed Member

Are they going to stop carrying their guns and stop wearing their vests with all that trust in god?

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #10
dogpet
Obsessed Member

I mean, from an accused pov, it's a declaration of bias innit?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:18 PM   #11
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
RaginCajun wrote View Post
absolutely real.....one of the guys was taking measurements on the back of units the other day and he said it was for those decals.
You could suggest they add "All others must pay cash" to the decals!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:00 PM   #12
Torysky
New Member!

I'm not sure that is the thing that should be on a police car
Torysky is offline   Reply With Quote