Old 10-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #1
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Vatican to Sort Out Astronomers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7021358.stm

Quote:
.... the Vatican is hosting a scientific conference for astronomers.......

At the Papal University in Rome, normally frequented by Catholic theologians studying the Bible, the scientists, including Jesuit priests who work at the Vatican's own astronomical observatory, will be grappling with abstruse formulae and mathematical simulations about the physical origins of the universe.......

This is our way of seeing how God created the universe and they want to make as strong a statement as possible that truth doesn't contradict truth; that if you have faith, then you're never going to be afraid of what science is going to come up with......
Amazing that this rabble should be passing comment on such stuff - whilst a few days ago they were continuing to do their worst to prevent condom use.

I'll look forward to their expert views on probing brown black holes.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:53 AM   #2
whoneedscience

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Amazing that this rabble should be passing comment on such stuff - whilst a few days ago they were continuing to do their worst to prevent condom use.
Sadly, I know someone who's done research at said Papal observatory. I somewhat hope he won't get put under house arrest for any of the work he did.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post

I'll look forward to their expert views on probing brown black holes.

Indeed, I find it more than a little suspicious that those who would fuck you in the ass are so vehement that condoms are evil. What is their hidden agenda?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

"At the Papal University in Rome, normally frequented by Catholic theologians studying the Bible, the scientists, including Jesuit priests who work at the Vatican's own astronomical observatory, will be grappling with abstruse formulae and mathematical simulations about the physical origins of the universe, involving concepts such as cold dark matter and black holes.

Father Jose Funes, the head of the Vatican Observatory, said exciting new discoveries have been made with the help of space telescopes since the Holy See's last meeting on galaxies in 2000.

"Disc galaxies are a hot topic," he said. "

---------------

LOL..Catholic Curia is amazing! and the Councils of the Church prove it.

We know Theology ( from Theos=God/ Imaginary friend and Logos= treaty/ study ) is the study of Tooth Fairy imaginary type entities. Theology would then be NO DIFFERENT than the study of the imaginary entities produced by schizophrenics.

Since the vast majority of theologians accept the imaginary friend of their choice to be reality, it is fair to refer to ANY of them as INSANE.

I can see now the nuts at the Vatican feverishly connecting by: interpretation, translation, Gematria and mathematical equation the words of the Babble to Science of astronomy, physics and others. Slowly but surely they'll make people believe Galileo in truth was not mistreated but praised since God had revealed himself to him, inserting the knowledge, via Holy Spirit, that the Sun was at the center but this knowledge had to be kept from the faithful since it would cause irrevocable harm if revealed this early! LOL...and Catholic WOULD believe it, as they believe the rest of insane stuff taught by those insane Christian retards.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
Choobus
I Live Here

Papal university indeed. That's like the "raping and murdering institute of love and unicorns".

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Indeed, I find it more than a little suspicious that those who would fuck you in the ass are so vehement that condoms are evil. What is their hidden agenda?
Cues Michael Jackson (or Wierd Al)...."Butt Crack Babies"....
Old 10-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #7
Rat Bastard

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
"At the Papal University in Rome, normally frequented by Catholic theologians studying the Bible, the scientists, including Jesuit priests who work at the Vatican's own astronomical observatory, will be grappling with abstruse formulae and mathematical simulations about the physical origins of the universe, involving concepts such as cold dark matter and black holes.

Father Jose Funes, the head of the Vatican Observatory, said exciting new discoveries have been made with the help of space telescopes since the Holy See's last meeting on galaxies in 2000.

"Disc galaxies are a hot topic," he said. "

---------------

LOL..Catholic Curia is amazing! and the Councils of the Church prove it.

We know Theology ( from Theos=God/ Imaginary friend and Logos= treaty/ study ) is the study of Tooth Fairy imaginary type entities. Theology would then be NO DIFFERENT than the study of the imaginary entities produced by schizophrenics.

Since the vast majority of theologians accept the imaginary friend of their choice to be reality, it is fair to refer to ANY of them as INSANE.

I can see now the nuts at the Vatican feverishly connecting by: interpretation, translation, Gematria and mathematical equation the words of the Babble to Science of astronomy, physics and others. Slowly but surely they'll make people believe Galileo in truth was not mistreated but praised since God had revealed himself to him, inserting the knowledge, via Holy Spirit, that the Sun was at the center but this knowledge had to be kept from the faithful since it would cause irrevocable harm if revealed this early! LOL...and Catholic WOULD believe it, as they believe the rest of insane stuff taught by those insane Christian retards.
Ya know, these guys were at the forefront of Astronomy, for all the wrong reasons- so they could predict eclipses and scare the townfolk. The more I know, the less respect these ass-covers get.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:44 AM   #8
Metman07

Quote:
Stephen Hawking wrote
He [the pope] told us that it was all right to study the evolution of the universe after the big bang, but we should not inquire into the big bang itself because that was the moment of Creation and therefore the work of God. I was glad then that he did not know the subject of the talk
I had just given at the conference - the possibility that space-time was finite but had no boundary, which means that it had no beginning, no moment of Creation. I had no desire to share the fate of Galileo, with whom I feel a strong sense of identity, partly because of the coincidence of having been born exactly 300 years after his death!"
The Vatican has clearly embraced science.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:07 AM   #9
whoneedscience

Quote:
Metman07 wrote View Post
The Vatican has clearly embraced science.
That's the first thing I thought of, too.

It's incredible how absurdly dishonest an institution can be and still garner the respect of a billion people.