Old 04-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
Noodle

I am Noodle

I am Noodle. I used to lurk here and sometimes post a few years back. I recently had a baby and am staying home with him, so I don't get a lot of adult conversation. Do you think I'll find much of that here? lollollol.

Our best friends also moved away shortly after the birth, which was a huge bummer. And I'm hoping to use this forum to wean myself off of Facebook. There's nothing like Facebook to make you hate everyone and everything.

Like I said in another thread, I'm an atheist because religions are clearly just stories. I was hoping to talk to non-idiots about gun control, taxes and welfare, abortion, etc.

I like camping and fire. My favorite TV shows are Avatar: The Last Airbender, Firefly, Parks and Rec, The Office, and Battlestar Galactica. I am a GoT and Westworld fan. My husband and I also like board games and we've dabbled in DnD but my husband is much more enthusiastic about that than I am.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
Davin
Obsessed Member

Hi Noodle. Depends on what you mean by adult conversation, for instance, I am old enough to be an adult, but I'm still quite childish. Others here are good at those serious talking points.

Those are good shows. I also like one called Halt and Catch Fire. I think that watching the first episode is good enough to see if you like it or not. It's only four seasons with ten episodes a piece and is about some people trying to succeed in computer technology industries starting from the late 70s and into the early 90s in the last season.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
Noodle

I might check that out. I like shows that know where they're going and wrap up nicely. Avatar is some great storytelling for a kid's cartoon. They clearly had the story planned out when they started it and things are well set up and pay off. Battlestar Galactica on the other hand is kind of a mess in the over arching storyline. I liked the little stories and the relationships between characters.

George Lucas didn't know where he was going when they made A New Hope and I think it shows. But you know what they say, "The only thing Star Wars fans hate more than people who hate Star Wars is Star Wars."
Old 05-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
Hobotronic2037

Welcome noodle. I liked BSG a lot too and am old enough to remember the original series being rushed to the small screen in the wake of the success of Star Wars.

Have you ever played the video game hearthstone? It might be up your alley. Welcome to the forum!
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
Noodle

Thanks for the welcome, Hobotronic. Hearthstone looks neat; I might check it out.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #6
Noodle

Today, there was another woman with a baby strapped to her chest at the bus stop. We smiled and nodded and then she went to stand on the opposite side of the bus shelter as far away from me as possible. I thought to myself, "If you don't want to talk to me, not standing near me is the correct thing to do." I also thought, "Bitch, I know you're going to baby story time at the library."

And I was right. She got off at the same stop and walked much faster than me. When I got there, I considered sitting down right next to her, but decided against it.

I wonder if she'll be taking the same bus as me next week?
Old 05-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #7
Hobotronic2037

So weird. And sad. Her loss.
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #8
Noodle

So I guess you're supposed to refrigerate pancake syrup now (the fake corn syrup kind). We never did when I was a kid.

But the other day I noticed our pancake syrup tasted different. And it was full of bubbles like it was foamy almost. I asked the husband if he had shaken it or something and he said no. Then he took the cap off and gave it a good sniff. It was booozy. I kind of liked the extra kick, but we threw it away.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:29 PM   #9
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
Then he took the cap off and gave it a good sniff. It was booozy.
Sounds good to me!!

Quote:
I kind of liked the extra kick, but we threw it away.
- fucking heathens!!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote