Old 10-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

God Plans Rape!

Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock said Tuesday when a woman becomes pregnant during a rape, "that's something God intended." http://www.timesnews.net/article/905...t-of-gods-plan

WOW! In that case, shouldn't we stop arresting/prosecuting rapists - after all, they're only doing God's Holy Work according to His Plan! Rapists are actually Holy men!

The 11th Commandment - Go Forth and RAPE!
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

They never give up the chance to showcase this bronze age god's dubious morality. A great service for secularism.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

And it won't hinder his potential for being elected one iota.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Sadly, that's very true.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
And it won't hinder his potential for being elected one iota.
Of course. The folks who support a man like Richard Murdock for the U.S. Senate are all about punishing perceived undesireables. In this case, the undesireables are women who are perceived to be sexually promiscuous and who are having sex out of wedlock, including victims of rape. In other words, suffer, bitches. Jesus and I want you to be chaste if you ain't got a husband capable of supporting your potential progeny.

Otherwise, everybody knows these folks don't really give a damn about other people's unborn fetuses. That's born out by the attitudes they display toward the children of perceived undesireables once those children exit the womb.

The reality is they care about controlling women's sexuality and ensuring that women (particularly poor and minority women) do not produce children that god-fearing, hard-working Christians will be on the hook for supporting with their tax dollars at some future date.

That's the bottom line and all the rest of it is just noise.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 10-24-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

So technically it isn't rape, and the woman should be overjoyed that god hath created life from this disturbing incident? Well that is one way to look at it........the other way being she was raped and "god" couldn't be bothered to stop it. Maybe that's how "god" gets his jollies, say no more, say no more, nudge nudge wink wink. 50 % chance of .........whoa not in here Danny boy.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
West491
Obsessed Member

And people ask me why I don't vote.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
And people ask me why I don't vote.
There needs to be a way of "cleansing" the planet of these sociopaths who are so adept at getting the non-thinking masses to elect them to the good old boys millionaires/billionaires clubs known as the Senate and House of Representatives.

Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
nkb
He who walks among the theists

In Mourdock's defense (I feel like a slimebag just defending this prick), I don't actually believe he meant that the rape was God's plan, only that if it results in a pregnancy, then that is what God intended.

Granted, that's a reprehensible position to have anyway. I mean, how big of an asshole is your god if he piles on to a devastated woman who just went through probably the most traumatic event of her life, and wills her to have to carry a fetus of the man that violated her?

But, even super-conservative Republicans can't be that absolutely evil, that they would think God gets his kicks from causing women to be raped, right?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

A comment from the bowels of this NYT piece shows just what a hypocritical heap of steaming horseshit Mourdock's comment was.
Quote:
I wonder what believers like Robert Mourdock think about murder. Does the death also represent God's will? If God intended the death to happen, why should we punish the murderer since he is only achieving God's will. I'm sure that Mr. Murdock thinks that rapists and murderers should be punished in the secular sphere, but where does that leave God's intentions?

I think the whole idea of determining what is God's will is fraught with illogic, and is in some sense blasphemous, but belief is not a logical trait. It is certainly not something to base our laws on.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Saying it's okeh for 14 year old rape victims to get rid would be like god* granting that option to mary*.
Not quite a paradox, but hey ho.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #12
ghoulslime
I Live Here

I despair at thinking there is actually a chance that these vile pieces of ignorant shit can actually get hold of the steering wheel of the floundering USS Merika again! This is scary.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
Nam
New Member!

The future shape of the conservative Republican party. All the moderates will be drowned, or convert to another party. But then again, perhaps sanity will win out, in the end.

Probably not.

-Nam

I am on the road less traveled...

Creationism is the Hollywood version of Evolution - Nam
Nam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #14
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Hi Nam, hope you're not a backward man.

Why don't you introduce yourself?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

It seems that a lot of religionists even in this modern day don't seem to have changed their views since the old fathers of the catholic church. The sick view that rape is something that women do to men by putting temptation before them. Until it happens to one of their women them of course.