Old 12-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #16
Francis

Of course, the underlying reason that atheist Hawking has postulated the universe coming from nothing, is because he cannot accept even the possibility of a Creator. Looking at the singularity which gave rise to this universe ( I call it the most incredible seed ever created) the very learned Mr. Hawking realized that God could not be discounted as the cause. So Mr. Hawking departs from his usual logic and proposes his fantastical premise so as to bring his theories in line with his beliefs. He certainly didn't propose it because there is evidence for it. In this universe, and despite the claims of Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins, there is absolutely no evidence of something ever coming from nothing.

This is similar in logical approach to Everett's "many worlds" notion. Deeply troubled by the fine tuning in this universe, and unable to attribute it to complete randomness (if this is the only universe), Everett proposed a view that, to this day, has little or no evidence to support it - all to explain away this universe without having to consider a Creator as possible cause.

These men, and atheists in general, are abandoning logic in their theories.
They do so to attempt to stuff this ten pound universe into their preferred two pound sack.
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #17
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Of course, the underlying reason that atheist Hawking has postulated the universe coming from nothing, is because he cannot accept even the possibility of a Creator. Looking at the singularity which gave rise to this universe ( I call it the most incredible seed ever created) the very learned Mr. Hawking realized that God could not be discounted as the cause. So Mr. Hawking departs from his usual logic and proposes his fantastical premise so as to bring his theories in line with his beliefs. He certainly didn't propose it because there is evidence for it. In this universe, and despite the claims of Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins, there is absolutely no evidence of something ever coming from nothing.

This is similar in logical approach to Everett's "many worlds" notion. Deeply troubled by the fine tuning in this universe, and unable to attribute it to complete randomness (if this is the only universe), Everett proposed a view that, to this day, has little or no evidence to support it - all to explain away this universe without having to consider a Creator as possible cause.

They do so to attempt to stuff this ten pound universe into their preferred two pound sack.

Poor delusional Francis thinks science works just like religion. Go fuck your mother, Francis.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #18
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
It might be time to fire up the Christmas thread again..
It might be a good time indeed! Let me see if I can muster the Christmas spirit

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #19
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #20
Francis

Kate wins the award for going the most years without saying anything
Old 12-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #21
psychodiva
I Live Here

yet she displays more wit and wisdom in one of her pictures than you could ever hope to display in one of your nauseatingly boring 'logical' rants

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #22
clambake
shred

Just thought I'd pop in and say it's great to see both Kate and Psychodiva posting again!

Definitely missed you.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #23
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Kate wins the award for going the most years without saying anything
And Francis wins the award for going the most years without saying anything that was factually accurate!

Old 12-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #24
Francis

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
And Francis wins the award for going the most years without saying anything that was factually accurate!
Well I certainly didn't write what most here ATTRIBUTE to me.

But as for what I actually wrote, please be specific.

As far as this thread is concerned, is Hawking not an atheist? Did he not claim the universe came from nothing? Is there one example of something coming from nothing that you can cite?

But keep on claiming I have no evidence for what I state. That is incredibly easier than actually taking it point by point.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #25
Davin
Obsessed Member

I was thinking of having some potato and cheddar soup for dinner.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #26
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
I was thinking of having some potato and cheddar soup for dinner.
Simulated or real? And how would you tell the difference?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #27
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post

Quote:
As everyone knows, it was predicted that the world would end last Wednesday at 10:00 PST. Since there appears to be a world in existence now, the entire universe must therefore have been recreated, complete with an apparent "history", last *Thursday*. QED.
- Wikipedia, and they wouldn't lie!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 12-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #28
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Four nuns died in a car crash, and were at the pearly gates being checked in by St. Peter. I once held a man's penis in my hand, confessed the first nun. Go, wash your hand in the bowl of Holy water, and enter Heaven said St. Peter.
The second nun stepped forward and confessed to having held a man's penis in both hands. Go and wash your hands in the bowl of Holy water and enter Heaven instructed St. Peter.
Suddenly, the other two nuns were fighting, and St. Peter broke it up, demanding to know what was going on.
The fourth nun said, "I want to gargle before she washes her arse in the bowl."

Old 12-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #29
psychodiva
I Live Here

aww Clam nice to be back

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote