Old 08-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #31
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Two FUNDY Andy Hollands, no less!

Ten, why do you think they're different?
Well, for one, they have different names:

Shitlord == Richard Andrew Holland
MySpaceTurd == J Andrew Holland

For another, our Shitlord is CTO for a technology company "somewhere in the northeast", whereas MySpaceTurd Andy Holland is a 21 year old in Georgia.

There are other clues, as well. ;)
I see, thanks, Ten! I don't recall our shitlord revealing his first name "Richard" or being a CTO in the northeast. I must have skimmed through that shit.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #32
AndyHolland

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Andy, have you completed high school? Have you completed a Bachelor's degree? Master's degree? You lack an understanding of basic fundamental tenets of biology and chemistry (which are usually taught in high school).
Edison was a grammar school dropout.
Westinghouse a first semester college dropout.
Orville and Wilber Wright were bicycle mechanics.

So in that group we have the greatest inventor who ever lived, the greatest engineer whoever lived, and the men who opened the world to manned flight (and the wind tunnel, control system etc....)

Based on the above, I am way over educated.

andy holland
sinner
Old 08-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #33
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Andy, have you completed high school? Have you completed a Bachelor's degree? Master's degree? You lack an understanding of basic fundamental tenets of biology and chemistry (which are usually taught in high school).

So in that group we have the greatest inventor who ever lived, the greatest engineer whoever lived, and the men who opened the world to manned flight (and the wind tunnel, control system etc....)

andy holland
sinner
That is NOT an answer, doorknob handler.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #34
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
If you do not believe in social Darwinism, then why would you believe in Darwinism at all. If it is good enough for species, why isn't it good enough for the Fatherland?
And this is why Andy's a shitlord. When will you ever throw away that old, worn canard?

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #35
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Two FUNDY Andy Hollands, no less!

Ten, why do you think they're different?
Well, for one, they have different names:

Shitlord == Richard Andrew Holland
MySpaceTurd == J Andrew Holland

For another, our Shitlord is CTO for a technology company "somewhere in the northeast", whereas MySpaceTurd Andy Holland is a 21 year old in Georgia.

There are other clues, as well. ;)
I see, thanks, Ten! I don't recall our shitlord revealing his first name "Richard" or being a CTO in the northeast. I must have skimmed through that shit.
He did in the evo thread when we were asking about his patent.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 08-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #36
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
ShitLord AndyHolland wrote
And that is also a good point. The theory itself is meaningless, its just a theory - here today, gone tomorrow. Truths are deeper, more profound and eternal.
Do you really believe this? So, the theory of relativity (general) is meaningless, but the truth of light following geodesics through spacetime is a deep, profound truth? Germ theory is "just a theory" as you say, but that kicking, screaming ball of cells is the profound truth?

Evolution is too "just a theory", but the fact that we exist today (and will be gone tomorrow if you religidiots don't stop worshipping death) is a deep, profound truth that supports it.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:00 PM   #37
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
- Saul offered David his sword and mail.
- Nobody else stepped up to do it
- they didn't attack swords and shields in mass that way
- David was so small he couldn't lift Saul's sword! He was a child.

andy holland
sinner
Yeah, I saw it on Oprah the other day. Came on after Lot was on Jerry Springer.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #38
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
If one really believes in evolution, then go out, destroy the inferior human subspecies, and take what you can while you can. (the sentence above alluding to that). But your belief that death forms life and this is your operating theory is indicative of the fact that your light is darkness (death) and great is that darkness.
And this just goes to show that you don't understand evolution.

Should particle physicists go out and bomb people just because they understand nuclear reactions?

You're a loon, dude.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #39
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
The Unbrainwashed wrote
Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
If one really believes in evolution, then go out, destroy the inferior human subspecies, and take what you can while you can. (the sentence above alluding to that).
andy holland
sinner
Do I even have to state who these "inferiors" might be?
Good catch. Andy, do you really think that humans are divided into subspecies?

Wow, I must pat myself on the back for such a prescient, nee clairvoyant prediction of your coronation. I didn't think you had it in you to be ShitLord, but here you prove, using just words, that you are far more worthy than any previous Lord of Shit.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #40
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote

andy holland
sinner
even college dropouts laugh at graduates from the DeVry instutite dude.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #41
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote

andy holland
sinner
I would disagree that Edison was the greatest inventor who ever lived. Did he give us Positron Emission Topography? And Westinghouse has plenty of competition for the title of "Greatest Engineer" (personally, I always thought Casey Jones was the greatest engineer, until that little problem with the handle and switch). The Wright brothers were under duress as well, trying to get their ideas to post successes before their competitors like Curtiss and the french guys.

You stated opinions as facts, then went on to make your point with those opinions. Such a shallow way to live, Andy. Did the Wrights, for example, patent ailerons? No, they used wing warping like Benoit. Read up on Mitchell, Curtiss and others of their era.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #42
AndyHolland

So the biologists who are conducting Fetal tissue research don't understand evolution? What kind of nut case goes about and takes sacred human life, and plays with it as some sort of object?

Open you eyes - 3000 abortions/day in Amerika. But if its just a lump of tissue and part of a woman's body (never mind DNA), who cares?

So the Fetus and Embryo (little ones in Latin and Greek) are not considered human persons - by law.

andy holland
sinner
Old 08-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #43
FishFace

Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
How do the monkeys build progressively - through an algorithm of course! The case simply shows it is a non-random process and on that we both agree. Now that it is a non-random process, forget about survival which is random and non-deterministic.*
What? Survival is probabilistic, not random, and it is DEFINITELY deterministic. It's chaotic, but non-random. Like multiple pendulums attached to one another - if you look at the system, you can't see a pattern, but it's completely deterministic, and there is an overall pattern that you can see.
The algorithm, or survival, is, however, completely arbitrary. But it is OBVIOUS that a faster horse will outrun its predators more, or that a predator with longer teeth will have an easier time killing the same horse.

Quote:
Add to that collaboration of organisms and organisms within an ecosystem, and very quickly "survival of the fittest" becomes meaningless, which was the point. The composition of the atmosphere and the energy required are more nails on the 19th century coffin.
No. An ecosystem is the result of evolution after a long long time. Do you think the first lifeforms had collaboration or ecosystems? Hell no. Here's one possibility. You get some proto-bacterium, which takes in compound A, processes it, and spits out compound B. It uses this to provide energy to help speed up its reproduction. After a while, a mutant strain of proto-bacterium appears which is incapable of doing this process. It then evolves to turn compound B into compound C, which also provides energy. As it happens, compound C is what the first bacterium uses to build its proto-cell-wall. Boom - your first ecosystem.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to work out how these things could evolve naturally. Once you have these things, fittest just takes on a different implication. You seem to be too rigid with your definition of fittest. It doesn't mean, "strongest, fastest, smartest, meanest." It means, very simply, the best at reproducing in its environment. Collaboration helps more than one organism reproduce better in their environment. What about this contradicts evolution?

Quote:
I believe God created the Universe. I believe that it took eons - billions of years - yet it also took just 6 days. And that point of view and the prediction of your point of view was well expressed by St. Peter in his second Epistle.
Yeah, I believe that my arm is light brown - yet it also is bright purple. Try not to make obvious contradictions - usually people don't put them right in the same sentence.

Quote:
If you do not believe in social Darwinism, then why would you believe in Darwinism at all. If it is good enough for species, why isn't it good enough for the Fatherland?
Because social darwinism doesn't make any sense. It involves the rigid definition of fittest that you espouse. Best is not necessarily strongest, fastest. Best is what enables us, as a population, to continue - because the benefits of collaboration help to further everybody's genes. The fact that collaboration helps people who have similar genes (probably that collaboration one) means it has been positively selected for.

Quote:
And that is also a good point. The theory itself is meaningless, its just a theory - here today, gone tomorrow. Truths are deeper, more profound and eternal. The irony is that your side seems incapable of apprehending the goodness of things, yet seeks greatness at all costs. So it confirms what the Theologian wrote, 'your light is darkness (death) and great is that darkness.'
FLUFF. Nothing more to say.

So, dinner, do you have any evidence for your intelligent design? And I mean, of course, empirical evidence, not old ladies.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:30 PM   #44
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
So the biologists who are conducting Fetal tissue research don't understand evolution? What kind of nut case goes about and takes sacred human life, and plays with it as some sort of object?
What kind of nutcase thinks a blastocyst is a human life? It hasn't even developed its anus yet!

Quote:
Open you eyes - 3000 abortions/day in Amerika. But if its just a lump of tissue and part of a woman's body (never mind DNA), who cares?

So the Fetus and Embryo (little ones in Latin and Greek) are not considered human persons - by law.

andy holland
sinner
Yep. That's why they call us baby eaters. Because we love killing babies. :rolleyes:

So much more damage is done to the moral fiber of this country by aborting little coelums than by the *specifically religious* dictates that create all those unwanted pregnancies in the first place, right ShitLord?

Old 08-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #45
AndyHolland

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
AndyHolland wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote

andy holland
sinner
I would disagree that Edison was the greatest inventor who ever lived. Did he give us Positron Emission Topography? And Westinghouse has plenty of competition for the title of "Greatest Engineer" (personally, I always thought Casey Jones was the greatest engineer, until that little problem with the handle and switch). The Wright brothers were under duress as well, trying to get their ideas to post successes before their competitors like Curtiss and the french guys.

You stated opinions as facts, then went on to make your point with those opinions. Such a shallow way to live, Andy. Did the Wrights, for example, patent ailerons? No, they used wing warping like Benoit. Read up on Mitchell, Curtiss and others of their era.
Actually, the Wrights won the lawsuit against Curtiss!!!!! Wing warping and control surfaces were covered by their patent - an airleron is a method of wing warping.

Westinghouse averaged a patent every 3 weeks for 40 years. He died with the plans for the first electric wheelchair in his hands.

And of Edison - OK, turn off the knobs, breakers, fuses, step up down transformers, switches, dynamos, insulators and the incadenscent light bulb. Forget about the microphone, recorded sound, moving pictures.....

Come on - you have to be kidding!!!!

And Henry Ford - auto mechanic. And the real McCoy - railroad coupler.

Do your homework!

andy holland
sinner