Old 08-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #1486
nkb
He who walks among the theists

What if a fanatical Muslim falsely accuses me of being a Christian, then kills me? I would have been martyred for Christ, without believing in him.

Hmmm, do we need a theologian on that one too?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #1487
Lily

Nope. You are doomed.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #1488
nkb

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Don't worry. You won't be allowed into heaven unless you have been martyred for Christ, i.e. someone kills you because you are a Christian. In the scenario you paint, you are likely going somewhere else a bit sooner than you anticipated.
You really need to make up your mind. Does God make these decisions or not?

What gives you the right to authoritatively pronounce where zer0 is going after his death?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #1489
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Okeh Lily , I will leave it, as I can see you will not waver from watering down the full excommunication I informed you about to an interdict. I guess if the current liars were punishing Africans & homosexuals that would be okeh too, because god might think there is nought wrong with sex, so what the repressed pope declares doesn't matter? Could it be that nearly all of the popes have been wicked, & any who are not need to be careful what they eat & drink?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #1490
nkb

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Nope. You are doomed.
It's not even worth asking a theologian? We could kill two birds with one stone, and knock out the R. Kelly question as well.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #1491
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

What if you're martyred for Christ Novoselic?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #1492
nkb

Or for your gardener, Jesus?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #1493
happywarrior

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Read what I told Irr. This is completely untrue.

Nonsense. What God commands, you had best do.
It is true that the Church recognizes the Baptism of desire (If someone wanted to be baptized but was somehow prevented, his wish would count) and the Baptism of blood (those who are killed for the sake of Christ before they could be baptized are also considered to be baptized).

Gee, no kidding?

How do you know?
So if you don't get "baptized" because you don't feel like it then what?

This goes to the heart of the cracker kaper. Can one loose ones salvation for some sin. I say NO! eternal life is eternal life, either you have it or you don't, and Paul makes it quite clear that you can't earn it or loose it once you have it. In the eye of the RC this is heresy. The just shall live by faith, not by edict from the vatican.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #1494
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

One can always get De-baptized. A simple Taurobolium will do it.....Julian did it..too bad A christian retard shot him on the back back on 363 ce..

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #1495
psychodiva
I Live Here

the National Secular Society has a cool de-baptism certificate

and as for hell- anywhere that LillyButt is would be hell- so I'm all for going wherever she isn't fucking theologians what can they tell us apart from more and more crap of the LillyAss variety

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #1496
nkb

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
fucking theologians what can they tell us apart from more and more crap of the LillyAss variety
Apparently, they can tell us if R. Kelly's baptism was official.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #1497
psychodiva
I Live Here

cool-but can I instantly forget the answer?

Old 08-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #1498
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Well a jury found R. Kelly not-guilty of baptizing a minor, but I think he still has charges in Florida concerning magazines depicting under-age baptisms and other acts of "biblical" nature.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #1499
Lily

Quote:
happywarrior wrote View Post
So if you don't get "baptized" because you don't feel like it then what?
I am absolutely staggered to hear someone say this. Baptism is not optional. Anyone who refuses it, refuses Christ. I already quoted a bit from the Catechism that grounds this in both the Old and the New Testament thoroughly. But any Christian has got to be aware of certain famous passages that teach the necessity, even if he is ignorant of all the rest. So, the great Commission

Matthew 28:
16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Acts 19:

4 Paul said, "John's baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus." 5 On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all.

1 Peter 3

Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God.

Quote:
Can one loose ones salvation for some sin. I say NO! eternal life is eternal life, either you have it or you don't, and Paul makes it quite clear that you can't earn it or loose it once you have it.
Paul doesn't say that at all :

1 Cor. 9
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

By the way, don't bother arguing about your personal interpretation of these scriptures. Since scripture and scripture alone is authoritative and everyone is his own judge, my interpretation cannot be challenged.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #1500
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Blah blah blah
Baptism is not optional.
my interpretation cannot be challenged.
oo get her!!

LillyMoo's true colours are showing again