Old 07-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #391
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Stupid Picture? How can you say such a thing - that guy is made in God's image!

Social norms dictate we don't prance around in public nude. Why is it that I am not shocked , Sinfidel, you do not know as such.

I see you as a social misfit most likely.

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:56 AM   #392
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Hobotronic2037 wrote View Post
Very true, Sinfidel.

What's the word I'm looking for to describe a god like that?

Hmmm...lessee....oh. Yeah.

Anthropomorphism!!!!!!
You don't understand the meaning of the word anthropomorphism, Hobotronic. You have used it inappropriately.

Use words you know and understand for better communication with others on an Internet forum. Just some free advice for ya.

JJ
Old 07-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #393
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
You don't understand the meaning of the word anthropomorphism, Hobotronic. You have used it inappropriately.

Use words you know and understand for better communication with others on an Internet forum. Just some free advice for ya.

JJ
You choose a God made in man's image.

In fact, you WORSHIP a dude that looks just like that naked homo.

My use of the term could not be more spot on.
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #394
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
You choose a God made in man's image.

In fact, you WORSHIP a dude that looks just like that naked homo.

My use of the term could not be more spot on.
Put the drugs you're on down today, Hobotronic. If it's not drugs it is pure ignorance displayed in the above post.

You WORSHIP gaming apps you said. Now you are bored with it all and posting and posting stupid shit.

Read Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis this week for your homework.

You also need to realize you are using the term anthropomorphism backwards if you know what I mean. Study the word and learn to use it correctly before you post again in my thread.

JJ
Old 07-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #395
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
Put the drugs you're on down today, Hobotronic. If it's not drugs it is pure ignorance displayed in the above post.

You WORSHIP gaming apps you said. Now you are bored with it all and posting and posting stupid shit.

Read Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis this week for your homework.

You also need to realize you are using the term anthropomorphism backwards if you know what I mean. Study the word and learn to use it correctly before you post again in my thread.

JJ
Anthropomorphism is the sole substance of Christianity and practically every other religion ever created. Sometimes the gods also take the form of celestial bodies or animals, but the believers invariably imbue their gods with human attributes.

And what is with Christians and their love of pushing C.S. Lewis? It's dumb. I have unfortunately read the screwtape letters, you little twat. I enjoyed his lighthearted and allegorical take on the creation myth in "The Magician's Nephew" as well as his orwellesque predictions of the effects of proto-post-modernity on the English culture (not to mention his re animation of the antedeluvian Merlin character) in "That Hideous Strength" but other than that his work is pretty second rate compared to authors that were his contemporaries. Screwtape, in particular, promises with its dialogue to be some kind of fresh approach to presenting the Christian apologetic argument. But it just ends up being as poorly written, caricatured and hackneyed as any Jack T. Chick tract. Not to mention derivative.

I understand that you too, by offering up CS Lewis as your semi-modern argument-from-authority author, have given up on trying to convince me that the bible is true. So, while some might consider it progress, I just predict that you have just moved one step closer, because you are the archetypal Christian cliche and turd huffing busybody, to offering me Pascal's wager or some other equally lame reason to believe in your made-in-the-image-of-man God.

Additionally I understand, by your past inability to comprehend complex concepts such as anthropomorphism and the non-sentient nature of large rocks, that you will be unable to comprehend many of the words and ideas I just expressed.

But I'm through with dumbing it down for retards. Sorry, JJ.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #396
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Anthropomorphism is the sole substance of Christianity and practically every other religion ever created. Sometimes the gods also take the form of celestial bodies or animals, but the believers invariably imbue their gods with human attributes.

And what is with Christians and their love of pushing C.S. Lewis? It's dumb. I have unfortunately read the screwtape letters, you little twat. I enjoyed his lighthearted and allegorical take on the creation myth in "The Magician's Nephew" as well as his orwellesque predictions of the effects of proto-post-modernity on the English culture (not to mention his re animation of the antedeluvian Merlin character) in "That Hideous Strength" but other than that his work is pretty second rate compared to authors that were his contemporaries. Screwtape, in particular, promises with its dialogue to be some kind of fresh approach to presenting the Christian apologetic argument. But it just ends up being as poorly written, caricatured and hackneyed as any Jack T. Chick tract. Not to mention derivative.

I understand that you too, by offering up CS Lewis as your semi-modern argument-from-authority author, have given up on trying to convince me that the bible is true. So, while some might consider it progress, I just predict that you have just moved one step closer, because you are the archetypal Christian cliche and turd huffing busybody, to offering me Pascal's wager or some other equally lame reason to believe in your made-in-the-image-of-man God.

Additionally I understand, by your past inability to comprehend complex concepts such as anthropomorphism and the non-sentient nature of large rocks, that you will be unable to comprehend many of the words and ideas I just expressed.

But I'm through with dumbing it down for retards. Sorry, JJ.
So we are quite proud of "our" post I see. The problem is I am not really here to prove to you there is a God because you are a typical Atheist-tard
demanding proof and whining about your game apps boring you etc.

You already have the answer, as I said before. That you choose not to accept it is your choice. God made us with free will to reject him as you have chosen to do.

The consequences are yours not mine.

JJ
Old 07-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #397
dogpet
Obsessed Member

It makes threats of a less than fulfilling afterlife

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #398
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
It makes threats of a less than fulfilling afterlife
It is so predictable. C.S. Lewis. Heh.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #399
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Do you not see that you yourself are at least as predictable as an atheist? In fact you are a prototypical atheist demanding proof of the existence of God. Heh.

JJ
Old 07-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #400
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Do you not see that you yourself are at least as predictable as an atheist? In fact you are a prototypical atheist demanding proof of the existence of God. Heh.

JJ
In the absence of unsubstantiated god* claims, there are no demands for proof. To silence atheists, shut your noise.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #401
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
In the absence of unsubstantiated god* claims, there are no demands for proof. To silence atheists, shut your noise.
Quite frankly your disoriented post leaves a lot to be desired. That said,
when someone posts a quote from Matthew and demands to see some incident noted in the Bible they are demanding proof.

Of course I am speaking of Hobotronic. Apparently Hobotronic is so "secretive" he/she cannot even note if it is male or female. Hmmm.

Living in secret is destructive to your soul.

JJ
Old 07-06-2015, 04:08 PM   #402
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
The wife has a golf cart now for her superior extra oral sex acts.

JJ
Old 07-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #403
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lewis was married. I'm sure he also enjoyed intimacy with his wife.

JJ
Old 07-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #404
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
Lewis was married. I'm sure he also enjoyed intimacy with his wife.

JJ
You should do your homework. Just a simple google search, really.

Lewis was a known sex pervert who longed to spank people and even asked them at parties if he could.

His premarital and extramarital affairs are well documented.

Like most Christians, he taught one thing but practiced another.

And now, he has you to suck his cock.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:42 PM   #405
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
You should do your homework. Just a simple google search, really.

Lewis was a known sex pervert who longed to spank people and even asked them at parties if he could.

His premarital and extramarital affairs are well documented.

Like most Christians, he taught one thing but practiced another.

And now, he has you to suck his cock.
So what? He had a wife to suck his cock.

JJ