Old 08-20-2006, 02:08 PM   #16
Oz

Actually, I think that adt quote in your sig sums it up fairly well.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #17
psikeyhackr

the word "hunt" isn't on the page.

I was invited to go shooting after work once. They brought pistols and rifles. We stood on a railroad trestle and dropped little electronic parts boxes into a stream below and used them for targets. Hitting them with a rifle was fairly easy, the pistols were a lot harder.

To me a gun is just another machine. About as interesting as an electric tooth brush. But I was looking into buying an assault rifle a few years ago. People are about all guns are good for, it is still that kind of world. I would find hunting a boring aggravation. The only kind of killing that makes sense is the cold calculating kind. I am very suspicious of gun lovers.

psik
Old 08-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #18
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Facehammer wrote
Quote:
Oz wrote
"God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal."

Barring some kind of government lobotomizing program, there will never be an end to violence. May as well be prepared.
And you know why that is? Because violence is immense fun. Ruthless agrees. As does Jeremy Clarkson.
Your sig by ADT says it all. We will never get past those monkey urges unless we go back and get descended from dolphins. Oh, wait....
Old 08-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #19
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
How many of you think it would be a blast to spend the day shooting old cars and washing machines with machine guns?
Quote:
Loggy wrote
Well, OK, in somebody else's country.
:/ Seems to be a lot of this going on, eh?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #20
HeathenLifer

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
How many of you think it would be a blast to spend the day shooting old cars and washing machines with machine guns?
Oh, Hell, Yeah!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34KxmCQD0V8

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #21
HeathenLifer

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Nearby, the crew of a privately owned field artillery gun pumps huge shells into a denuded hillside, drawing cheers from the bleachers.
What a great place to hold a fundy foot race.
:lol::lol:

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #22
Rat Bastard

Quote:
HeathenLifer wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Oh, Hell, Yeah!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34KxmCQD0V8
:lol::lol: Now THAT is funny, and tells it like the kids see it on those games, sometimes. :lol::lol:
Old 08-20-2006, 05:27 PM   #23
TheistMan

We dont have guns here, however I am quite good with knives. I think the fascination most humans have with weapons is Claw and Fang envy.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #24
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Truthfully, it rocks to shoot automatic weapons. Laying down a belt from an M-60, that’s M-60 not M-16, is almost orgasmic. It is the next best thing to being a god.

Years back, I got to call in a barrage from a whole battery of 155mm howitzers. The target was pretty goddamn close, just over a kilometer maybe. The whole fucking side of a mountain just got the living shit pounded out of it. Sweet!

From an amoral point of view tools designed to destroy are lots of fun as long as you are the one doing the destroying. But they lose their appeal when one actually considers what they are designed to do: kill people.

What saddens me about watching these people play with guns is the thought of the violent culture from which they originate. It’s all just fun and games to some people. As long as it is the “bad guys” getting killed, what’s the problem?

Will the hairless monkeys never learn?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #25
Rat Bastard

Quote:
TheistMan wrote
We dont have guns here, however I am quite good with knives. I think the fascination most humans have with weapons is Claw and Fang envy.
Our inventiveness is what sets us apart ("above"?) from all the other animals. I doubt envy has so much to do with it as the knowledge that we can be killed by the claw and fang crowd quite easily, and are able to prepare for that attack. Also, sometimes those predators walk on two legs and pretend to be human.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:26 PM   #26
Laughing Man

Quote:
TheistMan wrote
I know I'm envious of claws and fangs! Stupid cats!
Laughing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #27
DontBeStupid

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
It's alright for an hour or two. gets kinda old after that IMHO. I prefer one well placed shot at a time.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:35 PM   #28
Cap'n Awesome

I think that most people don't understand the point of having a gun, it's not about the fun or the right to hunt or whatever. Now hearing a super loud bang and watching a toilet explode is good fun and all, but the real reason people should be allowed to own guns is to fight their government if they have to. The people should always have enough firepower to make the government scared of us. Any gun law acts as a precursor to the repression of other rights.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #29
ubs
I Live Here

Police State Canada

This is wacky

Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of gun at school

Quote:
A Kitchener father is upset that police arrested him at his children’s’ school Wednesday, hauled him down to the station and strip-searched him, all because his four-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun at school.

“I’m picking up my kids and then, next thing you know, I’m locked up,” Jessie Sansone, 26, said Thursday.

“I was in shock. This is completely insane. My daughter drew a gun on a piece of paper at school.”

The school principal, police and child welfare officials, however, all stand by their actions. They said they had to investigate to determine whether there was a gun in Sansone’s house that children had access to.
I don't own a gun (well, I might have a picture of one somewhere, so...) but I wanted to post this on the end of the "gun owners is crazy" thread to show that the state is crazier still.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
I don't own a gun (well, I might have a picture of one somewhere, so...) but I wanted to post this on the end of the "gun owners is crazy" thread to show that the state is crazier still.
As usual, the question is crazy compared to what?

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote