Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Catsratz

Sitting Bull

I am the Rat Queen. I Can Do Anything.
Catsratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
Irreligious
I Live Here

To whom was Sitting Bull talking and why did he perceive them as having been hated by the government? Inquiring minds, and all.

And if, by creating this thread, you have something profound to say about our present day government hating people, specifically or generally, why not be direct instead of cryptic? That is, if you're honestly interested in stoking genuine conversation. Otherwise, this thread is devoid of context.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Catsratz

I found it on a website and liked it, thinking it appropriate re the way the U.S. government treats its own citizens today. Sure, it wasn't worthy of its own thread, but I could not find another that was appropriate for it.

If I need to dot all the i's and cross all the t's here, forget it. Criticism for nothing I can get from the christers.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Catsratz wrote View Post
I found it on a website and liked it, thinking it appropriate re the way the U.S. government treats its own citizens today. Sure, it wasn't worthy of its own thread, but I could not find another that was appropriate for it.
http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16909

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Catsratz wrote View Post

http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9666

Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Catsratz wrote View Post

http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9666

Old 01-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Professor Chaos

Weird double/triple post action going on.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
Catsratz

Cool, Chaos, thanks for the link(s).

This one didn't seem to really fit in anywhere - but I loved it.

I hope if I do stick around I don't have to tiptoe around. That's why I came to a place like Raving Atheists.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Catsratz wrote View Post
I found it on a website and liked it, thinking it appropriate re the way the U.S. government treats its own citizens today.
Why not explain exactly what you mean as it regards your perceptions of how the U.S. government is treating its own citizen? An example or two of what you're talking about would be helpful. I mean, it's not like we all reside in your head and have a clue what your specific grievances are.

Quote:
Catsratz wrote
Sure, it wasn't worthy of its own thread, but I could not find another that was appropriate for it.
You haven't really explored this forum, have you? There's a specific thread here called "Posts That Don't Deserve Threads." If all you wanted to do was to share a graphic with a purported quote from Sitting Bull and not provide a context for the quote, that would have been the appropriate thread for your offering.

Quote:
Catsratz wrote
If I need to dot all the i's and cross all the t's here, forget it. Criticism for nothing I can get from the christers.
What about us being atheists makes you think we're supposed to tolerate stupidity? The aim here is to communicate, not masturbate.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 01-12-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Catsratz wrote View Post
I hope if I do stick around I don't have to tiptoe around. That's why I came to a place like Raving Atheists.
That's why we're here, too. So don't expect anybody to tiptoe around you when you do something dumb.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Ooooh Irr you seem like a ruffled turkey being told that Christmas is coming but thrice a year lol. It takes all kind of asses to make a donkey sanctuary you know. I am not being contrary I think, and if I am I am only doing it to be light hearted. You know just before I get sawn in half by the chainsaw mid way through this movie.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #12
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Ooooh Irr you seem like a ruffled turkey being told that Christmas is coming but thrice a year lol.
Yes, I was ruffled by Catsratz opening a whole thread to post something cryptic and devoid of context. I believe I said that. I was further vexed by his/her refusal to acknowledge that it was a legitimate complaint, and I registered that here, too.

Ought I to have kept it to myself?

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote
It takes all kind of asses to make a donkey sanctuary you know.
Yes, I am aware of that. Does that mean we're not supposed to call each other out when one of us exhibits vexing behavior? Isn't that also a part of the free-for-all nature of the forum?

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote
I am not being contrary I think, and if I am I am only doing it to be light hearted. You know just before I get sawn in half by the chainsaw mid way through this movie.
OK.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 01-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #14
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Yes, I was ruffled by Catsratz opening a whole thread to post something cryptic and devoid of context. I believe I said that. I was further vexed by his/her refusal to acknowledge that it was a legitimate complaint, and I registered that here, too.

Ought I to have kept it to myself?

Yes, I am aware of that. Does that mean we're not supposed to call each other out when one of us exhibits vexing behavior? Isn't that also a part of the free-for-all nature of the forum?

OK.
No problem, just trying to get you to bare in mind that sometimes people need to adjust to how a forum runs etc. Nothing wrong with pointing out frailties of course, or Jerry would be handed the keys to the forum, or something. Just thought you were a tad, just a tad aggressive, and it gave me a droopy, that's all.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
No problem, just trying to get you to bare in mind that sometimes people need to adjust to how a forum runs etc.
I don't think I was prohibiting that adjustment in any way. In fact, I was helping it along.

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote
Nothing wrong with pointing out frailties of course, or Jerry would be handed the keys to the forum, or something.
Yes, we gave him those keys a long time ago. Good luck getting them back, eh?

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote
Just thought you were a tad, just a tad aggressive, and it gave me a droopy, that's all.
I was being direct, which is all that I was asking of Catsratz as it regards the topic of this thread (whatever that's supposed to be). Catsratz said she doesn't want to have to tiptoe around here. Well, if she doesn't, why should I?

And sorry about your doopy, but what's it got to do with me?

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox