Old 11-02-2015, 02:09 PM   #1486
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Would you rather vacation at a Presbyterian Retreat, or an ISIS encampment?
Depends where the Presbytarian retreat is. If you're trying to compare a middle-eastern situation with western churches, then you are missing the subtlties I mentioned.

I think a more fair question would be whether I wanted to spend time at an ISIS encampment or or with the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.

Though if those are my only two options, then I would need to seriously reconsider the direction my life had gone.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:20 AM   #1487
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Maher and Harris' typical presentation...

A bunch of poll results...

meh
selliedjoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:58 AM   #1488
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

C'mon Shirley, Dawkins defence of Harris saying that he's never heard of Affleck, until he became Bat man is genius.

meh
Old 11-03-2015, 09:54 PM   #1489
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
Really?

Why did you not present any non religious groups in your cherry plucked example?
Awright then, would you rather vacation at the Happy Valley Nudist Camp, or an Isis encampment?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:10 PM   #1490
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
C'mon Shirley someone wants to produce something resembling a fact to condemn Islam and show Harris isn't talking out his arse again.
Today's news reported the stoning death of an Afghan girl for the crime of eloping.

Do the Christians and Jews still engage in such stone age barbarism?
Can't find your own examples? Never read the Koran? Live in a cave without cable TV?
Support death for Apostasy? Ever considered moving to one of the Islamic paradises such as Saudi Arabia, or Iran or Pakistan?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 11-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #1491
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Today's news reported the stoning death of an Afghan girl for the crime of eloping.

Do the Christians and Jews still engage in such stone age barbarism?
Can't find your own examples? Never read the Koran? Live in a cave without cable TV?
Support death for Apostasy? Ever considered moving to one of the Islamic paradises such as Saudi Arabia, or Iran or Pakistan?

You sound like Bill O"Reilly.

meh
Old 11-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #1492
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
AHAHAHA! Typical FUNDY tactic - when devoid of as much as a single fact to offer in rebuttal, they turn to the ad hominem attack!
Pathetic.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #1493
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

Quote:
2015.11.04 (al-Arish, Egypt) - A suicide bomber plows into a police club, killing at least three others.
2015.11.03 (Tank, Afghanistan) - A journalist and father of five is shot to death by Sunni fundamentalists.
2015.11.02 (Badush, Iraq) - Three female doctors are put against a wall and shot in the head by the Islamic State.
2015.11.01 (Mogadishu, Somalia) - a dozen people at a hotel are massacred by suicide bombers, followed by gunfire.
2015.10.31 (Mosul, Iraq) - A dozen teenagers forced into a terror training camp are executed for attempting to flee.
2015.10.31 (Achin, Afghanistan) - Islamists fire rockets into a rival mosque, killing six worshippers.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Old 11-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #1494
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Fox have changed their website. Don't be a lemming.

meh
Old 11-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #1495
dogpet
Obsessed Member

We are all Bangladeshi bloggers.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #1496
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Soooo about that 20%.....

meh
Old 11-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #1497
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
AHAHAHA! Typical FUNDY tactic - when devoid of as much as a single fact to offer in rebuttal, they turn to the ad hominem attack!
Pathetic.
So when a fundie is under attack they resort to accusing others of being a fundie? Fascinating.

How would one rebut something which is devoid of facts?

meh
Old 11-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #1498
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

To pretend that there is religious war is disingenuous, it's a culture war.

The west has repeatedly imposed on the middle east, created Israel, bombed, killed people of the middle east. You get a few nut cases who retaliate and it's "Islam is dangerous".

People will use whatever justification they want to and think whatever they want.
Take Islam away, and people from the middle east would be doing the same thing a they are doing now. I don't like what the nutcases do anymore than most here, however, Islam is not the cause. Pick your targets and get your head of the sanctimonious sand.

meh
Old 11-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #1499
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:

The west has repeatedly imposed on the middle east, created Israel, bombed, killed people of the middle east. You get a few nut cases who retaliate and it's "Islam is dangerous".

People will use whatever justification they want to and think whatever they want.
Take Islam away, and people from the middle east would be doing the same thing a they are doing now. I don't like what the nutcases do anymore than most here, however, Islam is not the cause. Pick your targets and get your head of the sanctimonious sand.
This is like when people say the 9/11 attacks were because the muslims "hated america's freedom" (no, seriously, I've seen this argument), instead of as retalliation for several perceived sleights in the middle-eastern region, including (but not limited to) american support for isreal, sanctions against iraq, and military prsence in saudi arabia, plus a (percieved) desire to provoke United States.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #1500
AtomJack

Quote:

Hmm. I will agree with your first sentence, as long as you will admit that the culture is such that the religion is used as a justification for all the crazy acting out. I am not convinced that taking Islam away would make it better, since the history of the area has been wholesale homicide for MANY millenia before Islam.

In my personal estimation, the west should have kept their dicks out of the middle east after WW1, and let them all kill each other to their heart's content. The sticking (sliding?) point is oil. The ME has all the light sweet crude. Once it runs out, and that time is now short, the world will rely on other supplies, which are not in the ME. That is why many countries there are gearing up for tourism, like the ski tourist trap in the UAE. People with money will travel there for the original experience, and drop their money like stupid travel-monkeys. They should be thinking about what they are supporting, and shine that shit on. I go to the hardware store for nails and screws, and see that they are made in the ME. Now tell me why I should support an organization that supports the overthrow of the US and its allies? It is bad enough that we are buying their oil and its by-products just to end up supporting our own demise.

Edit to add- Since this is the "Jerry Thread", FUCK JERRY IN THE ASS WITH A RED HOT TIRE IRON.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote