Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
required

required introduction

Hello

I´m not sure why, but this forum felt like the one atheist forum worth registering to?

My history: depression,pathetic tries at all sorts of religion,saw the light:there´s no god. Depression gone, enter: anxiety.

I guess I should use whatever time I have left in life to trying to understand as much of it as I can. Even that is probably just an illusion of a pathetic mind.

I hate most atheists because after rejecting god they make the false assumption that they should now adopt a humanistic approach to life. Only worthwhile thing is the continuation of life, and in that sense humans are a fucking disease.
required is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Welcome to our humble forum, Required!

Unfortunately, not all truths are happy and fulfilling. Sadly, we struggle for a few years of life, search for meaning and significance to our existence, and then expire. All that we are, and all that we have ever known, will be gone forever - our sole consolation is, perhaps, that which we have experienced during our existence will echo through eternity, and the matter which forms us now will persist forever. Unfortunately, there is no eternal life to be had, but there is this life now. We should strive to find happiness and adventure in our existence. It is miraculous, even without magical deities to pass judgment on the merits of our accomplishments.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
Michael
Obsessed Member

Is it just me or have the last few introductions been real downers?

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully we can cheer you up.

Quote:
I guess I should use whatever time I have left in life to trying to understand as much of it as I can. Even that is probably just an illusion of a pathetic mind.
Always a good way to spend your time. I would also suggest not being anxious about the ridiculously short nature of life and cram as much as you can into what you have. If this is all you get, no point wasting it, right? Life is too short to be anxious.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #4
Niles Voit

Quote:
required wrote View Post
there´s no god. Depression gone, enter: anxiety.
What are you scared of?

Quote:
required wrote View Post
I guess I should use whatever time I have left in life to trying to understand as much of it as I can.
Either that or hentai.

Quote:
required wrote View Post
I hate most atheists because after rejecting god they make the false assumption that they should now adopt a humanistic approach to life.
"Should" is just more religion.

Quote:
required wrote View Post
Only worthwhile thing is the continuation of life, and in that sense humans are a fucking disease.
Disease is a fucking disease. Bacteria. Viruses. Bad genes. God's idea of a joke or else just luck biting us on the ass because, let's face it, luck has a taste for ass.

Hating humans is just a sneaky way of hating yourself. You can ride that bike if you want but I'd pick a different bike. Hate God instead, or luck, or natural selection, or the laws of motion, or mosquitoes.

Want to know something weird? I came to the conclusion that all is shit, and immediately started liking the smell of certain varieties of shit! I mean literally. Not all shit smells good to me but some of it does. No desire to eat it, though. I'm an ape, not a dog. Might be fun to pick some up and aim it at some hypocrite's face.

Not there or doesn't care.
Niles Voit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Niles Voit wrote View Post
Want to know something weird? I came to the conclusion that all is shit, and immediately started liking the smell of certain varieties of shit! I mean literally. Not all shit smells good to me but some of it does. No desire to eat it, though. I'm an ape, not a dog. Might be fun to pick some up and aim it at some hypocrite's face.
Is this like how everybody's farts smell good to themselves, but other people's smell horrendous?
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #6
Niles Voit

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Is this like how everybody's farts smell good to themselves, but other people's smell horrendous?
Come to think of it, when shit smells good to me, it's usually mine.

Hey! Sounds like religion!

Not there or doesn't care.
Niles Voit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #7
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I am not really anything , I pick and choose the best parts of what I hear or read about, and see to be beneficial in some way. I hate the idea of labelling myself one way or another, I even enjoy the Pantheist view of our wonderful universe. And there is the gem. You can view existance how you want to, there is no deity to jusdge or correct you , only luck and probability. However if you entertain very dark and depressing views on life, do not be surprised if life turns out that way.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #8
required

Quote:
Niles Voit wrote View Post
Either that or hentai.
Personally, I´m more of a bukkake guy.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #9
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Greetings you Finnish fucker - may the Bukkake Force be with you.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #10
psychodiva
I Live Here

Hello there required

and yes - a few downers lately

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #11
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Hi. Bad time for you Finnish, could be S A D.

RA suicide watch then .

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Moi, tervetuloa Required

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #13
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
required wrote View Post
I hate most atheists because after rejecting god they make the false assumption that they should now adopt a humanistic approach to life.
None of us really knows what most atheists think on the whole. I mean, it's not like there are a plethora of public venues for atheists to coalesce around any "shoulds" or "should nots."

That said, I'm curious to know how you define "a humanistic approach to life" and if there is an alternative approach that you think makes more sense?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #14
clambake
shred

Welcome, but if you're depressed with malice aforethought we shall be forced to hang you by your neck until you cheer up!

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
required

Yes,it´s a monster case of SAD. The days are getting longer now,though. 6h 3min today,wohoo.

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post

That said, I'm curious to know how you define "a humanistic approach to life" and if there is an alternative approach that you think makes more sense?
From Wikipedia:"Humanism is an approach in study, philosophy, world view or practice that focuses on human values and concerns. In other words it is an outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters."

To me, humans have proved themselves to be 99,9% crap. Just think about what constitutes "human matters" here on this planet: idiots doing idiotic things. "Human matters" makes me think of politicians and economists. Only important thing is life in itself, if you take that thought to it´s conclusion it says that it would be better for humans to go. Away.

A great Finnish thinker (yes,there really is one!) is Pentti Linkola. It´s not a sight pretty sight when I read his books and weep He has been called an eco-fascist, which doesn´t sound too bad.

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome!