Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #4486
ghoulslime
I Live Here

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #4487
ghoulslime
I Live Here

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #4488
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #4489
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 03-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #4490
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #4491
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Pat Robertson: Tornadoes Could Have Been Stopped If People Had Prayed

"If enough people were praying [God] would’ve intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms,” - Pat Robertson, one loony fucker

Old 03-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #4492
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Will the day come where such loonies (as referenced above) are universally rejected as bat shit crazy immoral and deluded fuck wits?

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #4493
Erik

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
You don't say!
UPDATE: I ran my idea past Earl Doherty and he said the problem with it is that early Christians seem to have believed that the destruction of Jerusalem was punishment for the treatment of James the Just, not failure to believe in Jesus. Oh, well. Back to the drawing board.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #4494
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
A real strip with a bit of alteration...
I like it.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #4495
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Will the day come where such loonies (as referenced above) are universally rejected as bat shit crazy immoral and deluded fuck wits?
Hi, lostsheep

I suspect a majority of folks don't really pay Pat Robertson and his cohorts any mind, but there will always be some segment of society that succumbs to his wacky wiles and, apparently, Robertson feels it's job to exploit them.

Robertson makes a lot of money off of those folks. His show is basically a daily infomercial for a very specific brand of delusion and paranoia. I mean, that is what he's selling, because there are buyers for it.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #4496
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Hello Irr! I actually watched a little of Pat's show a while ago , and it does take advantage of the highly gullible. It was sad, really. To think that some folks think that if you send money to Pat you will get a job, more money, find love, be happy. But gullibility of people is part of why religion works in the first place, I suppose.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #4497
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Erik wrote View Post
UPDATE: I ran my idea past Earl Doherty and he said the problem with it is that early Christians seem to have believed that the destruction of Jerusalem was punishment for the treatment of James the Just, not failure to believe in Jesus. Oh, well. Back to the drawing board.
Ah well! It's sort of like theories about how Santa's sleigh can fly. Ultimately, they are all pointless.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #4498
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Hello Irr! I actually watched a little of Pat's show a while ago , and it does take advantage of the highly gullible. It was sad, really. To think that some folks think that if you send money to Pat you will get a job, more money, find love, be happy. But gullibility of people is part of why religion works in the first place, I suppose.
I happened to see a bit of it in passing on somebody's TV last year. I felt a combination of disgust and anger that this sort of vile conman is left to prey on the more gullible and vulnerable members of society with complete impunity.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #4499
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 03-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #4500
ghoulslime
I Live Here