Old 05-29-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
DMofD&D

I realize that this may be hard to implement but here goes: What if there were a rating system with various levels of reputation determined by the number of posts a person makes, any penalties he may recieve and the votes of other members (on a scale of 1 to 10). The different levels of reputation are as follows:

Score=-2000- Score=-1000 Score=-500 Score=-300 Score=-100
Forum Devil! Infamous Disliked by Most Bad Guy Be Careful

Score=0 Score=100 Score=300 Score=500 Score=1000 Score=2000+
Newcomer Regular visiter Frequent Visiter Known by Most Famous Forum God!

I can't really see any point to it. Just somthing you can do in your spare time ;)
Old 05-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #2
Slaptickle

Sounds to me like a logical step for a Dungeon Master, implementing a ratings system. : )

It's highly unnecessary, of course, but personally, I always appreciate a numerical value of exactly how beloved I am. If you can come up with a fair, sensible, inclusive system, I say go for it. It's all pure mathematical fun until someone gets their feelings hurt, and the severely disliked must know who they are already.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
God, my arse

I don't care for numerical systems and meh... finish my sentence later
Old 05-29-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
DMofD&D

Perhaps you could be rated on many different aspects such as popularity, post significance, status record, etc. I admit that some of my ratings in the above post would be embarrising and offensive to those who wear it. I wouldn't mind being a Forum Devil though. >:D
Old 05-30-2005, 04:08 PM   #5
Sir Sin-O-Lot

Quote:
DMofD&D wrote
Perhaps you could be rated on many different aspects such as popularity, post significance, status record, etc. I admit that some of my ratings in the above post would be embarrising and offensive to those who wear it. I wouldn't mind being a Forum Devil though. >:D
I rather be called 'Most Insane'.;)
Old 05-31-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
Tenspace
I Live Here

You could add a weighted score based on spelling, grammar, punctuation, improper use of "it's" and "their".

Sounds like the UO Reputation system. :D

Ten

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #7
Lundie

At this rate Tenspace would be the Magnificent Supreme Manifestimal Arbiter and Lord of all Forum Posts with assorted omni-'s by the end of the year. :D
Old 05-31-2005, 12:41 PM   #8
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Lundie wrote
At this rate Tenspace would be the Magnificent Supreme Manifestimal Arbiter and Lord of all Forum Posts with assorted omni-'s by the end of the year. :D
Only if I can have a cool statue. Maybe a gold idol to worship. Bad enough that my default moniker is "Obsessed Member." I thought obsession was reserved for theists. :D

Ten

(P.S. I HATE: At least 60 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait a little while and try posting again.) Like I'm being discriminated against because I'm a fast typist. :D

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 05-31-2005, 12:48 PM   #9
Viole

Please no. No. No. No. We're all perfectly aware of who we like and dislike. Let it be! Don't start some kind of absurd popularity contest. I'm begging you.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:57 PM   #10
Tenspace
I Live Here

"The Eye of Goddess Viole" - a translucent purple amythest framed with the darkest onyx ensconced in 24 karat golden eyelashes.

I'd worship that. :)

Ten

Old 05-31-2005, 08:10 PM   #11
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

I have enough cool points as it is.

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 11:57 AM   #12
Sir Sin-O-Lot

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
Lundie wrote
Only if I can have a cool statue. Maybe a gold idol to worship. Bad enough that my default moniker is "Obsessed Member." I thought obsession was reserved for theists. :D

Ten

(P.S. I HATE: At least 60 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait a little while and try posting again.) Like I'm being discriminated against because I'm a fast typist. :D
As Pepsi became the new coke, you shall become the new Jesus..popularity wise of course.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 PM   #13
Another brick in the wall

There should be an award in the rating system for the person who make the greatest number of posts in the shortest period.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #14
ghoulslime
I Live Here

It would give my life a sense of purpose. Afterall, now that I have lost Christ I have no sense of self worth. :P

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote