I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
lmbarre wrote View Post
Yes, God is everything.
So, God is the universe, and everything in it?

Why not just call it "universe"?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #18
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

We do seem to attract an increase in slack-jawed drooling fools this time of year. I doubt this idiot will measure down to the John A Davison level of retardation, but he's made a good start.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #19
Erik

Quote:
lmbarre wrote View Post
I think that most atheists simply are haters of God and hate anyone who likes God.
Elsewhere you say that God is Everything. So atheists hate everything? Wow, so I hate, literally, everything? If that were true, how would I distinguish between hate and any other feeling?

Would you perhaps like to reformulate one or more of your previous statements / questions? We'll give you a free pass this time...
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
Davin
Obsessed Member

No evidence for god? No problem, just say that everything is god then everything is evidence for the god! So god isn't a sentient being responsible for anything, god is a mindless thing that cannot care about, or do anything about anything.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #21
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
lmbarre wrote View Post
You are a hater of God.
You define everything as god, since I love wanking it, I love god because tugging on my eleventh finger is god.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #22
psychodiva
I Live Here

yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnn - another drive-by imbecile showed up then?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #23
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

This is not a repeat of the first thread I think I started is it? I understand and have no problem associating the universe to being "God", though I understand the thought process against doing so. The term God doesn't bother me, it is what is associated with it I suppose is my issue. If you use it to pin to stuff we can see and understand, I have no problem and see a "spiritual" value akin to Sagan or Einstein. If you are just trying to find a way of getting some supernatural bollocks unloaded, then of course it is weak.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #24
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
lmbarre wrote View Post
I think that most atheists simply are haters of God and hate anyone who likes God.
Atheists don’t believe in gods, but thank you for sharing your insanity with us just the same, Imbarre.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #25
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
I am not a believer in a god or gods.

Hence, calling me "a hater of God" would be like me calling you a hater of unicorns, a hater of Sasquatch or a hater of mizzlegidgets, assuming you don't believe in these particular allegations any more than I believe in yours.

You can't hate what you don't believe exists.
Imbarre obviously hates the leprechauns.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:26 AM   #26
lmbarre
New Member!

Poke all the fun you wish, but you evasion of my arguments is patent.

I my thesis is you hate God by denial because my pantheism defines God(dess) as Existence. I would submit that my "defication" of Existence is fully warranted by the vastness and complexity of Being. In other words, I subscribe to the ontological and cosmological arguments for not, "the existence of God", but rather that God is Existence. So then, why is not my deification not warranted?

It's time to lose the atheistic cliches and offer some serious defense of atheism is light of my arguments against it. I am also quite explicitly challenging any notion of a "transcendent" deity that distinguishes creator from creation. That of course includes Christian Trinitariams, Jewish monotheism, Deism, pan-en-theism and pandeism.
lmbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #27
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
lmbarre wrote View Post
Poke all the fun you wish, but you evasion of my arguments is patent.

I my thesis is you hate God by denial because my pantheism defines God(dess) as Existence. I would submit that my "defication" of Existence is fully warranted by the vastness and complexity of Being. In other words, I subscribe to the ontological and cosmological arguments for not, "the existence of God", but rather that God is Existence. So then, why is not my deification not warranted?

It's time to lose the atheistic cliches and offer some serious defense of atheism is light of my arguments against it. I am also quite explicitly challenging any notion of a "transcendent" deity that distinguishes creator from creation. That of course includes Christian Trinitariams, Jewish monotheism, Deism, pan-en-theism and pandeism.
I say, is there somewhere one can attend your sermons?....sounds like they'd be the most fun thing since Spoonerisms!
One question - how DID you manage to get a Patent on evasion?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #28
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

well done, some nice self awareness there.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #29
lmbarre
New Member!

Evasion

Evasion.
lmbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #30
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Maybe we should move this recent stuff from Slimer's delicious cornucopia of Jesus flesh?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote