Equation?......Model?........snicker!

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #32
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Usually, knowledge equates to power and durability, so such a being - once God like, would probably know its number 1... but this does not necessarily have to be the case, according to my model.
Which would make your evolved god*, an atheist!
So, by reduction of the unnecessary, we can claim that we humans are as far as we know, as far forward as your weird god development has come.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #33
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Which would make your evolved god*, an atheist!
So, by reduction of the unnecessary, we can claim that we humans are as far as we know, as far forward as your weird god development has come.
OK sure.. I've always said that an ultimately evolved god is in a way the Atheist's God!

And yes, as far as well presently know for sure, we humans are as far as "god development" has become.

However, that doesn't mean that greater beings that we don't know of haven't existed or presently don't exist. Given the great capacity for evolution which can be conjectured stemming from an infinite past of dynamic change - it seems likely that we humans are not "top dog".

Moreover the principle of modesty (an endorsed, scientific physical principle - used by Stephen Hawking and others) says it is unlikely that humans are the mightiest of all beings in the cosmos.

I don;t know why you throw in "weird" for god - but whatever.l
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:58 PM   #34
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Equation?......Model?........snicker!
Hey KA, why don't you come up with something interesting and original for a change?? Its easy to snicker...
Old 09-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #35
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

I don;t know why you throw in "weird" for god - but whatever.l
I don't know why you capitalise atheist, or god for that matter. I assume you don't write Sheep or Budgerigar in the middle of a sentence?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #36
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
I don't know why you capitalise atheist, or god for that matter. I assume you don't write Sheep or Budgerigar in the middle of a sentence?
To me, god means a being superior to human, but not necessarily "top dog" in the cosmos and not impervious to destruction - i.e. there could be beings superior to the god, or natural processes could destroy such god. Eg. Thor, Donald Trump etc.

God (upper case) - as I've defined is an ultimate being, the most powerful and durable intelligent being in the universe - indestructible and immortal. God could represent an extremely well evolved entity to the point of indestructibility (as I'm arguing) or a being that mysteriously simply "is" from eternity (the typical Theologian's view). Eg. Yahweh, Allah, Bernie Sanders etc.

atheist to me means a person who lacks belief in God, but does not necessarily believe that no God necessarily exists.

Atheist to me means a person who holds the faith based belief that there absolutely is no God whatsoever.

Which are you a or A??
Old 09-25-2017, 04:56 AM   #37
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
To me, god means a being superior to human, but not necessarily "top dog" in the cosmos and not impervious to destruction - i.e. there could be beings superior to the god, or natural processes could destroy such god. Eg. Thor, Donald Trump etc.

God (upper case) - as I've defined is an ultimate being, the most powerful and durable intelligent being in the universe - indestructible and immortal. God could represent an extremely well evolved entity to the point of indestructibility (as I'm arguing) or a being that mysteriously simply "is" from eternity (the typical Theologian's view). Eg. Yahweh, Allah, Bernie Sanders etc.

atheist to me means a person who lacks belief in God, but does not necessarily believe that no God necessarily exists.

Atheist to me means a person who holds the faith based belief that there absolutely is no God whatsoever.

Which are you a or A??

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:14 AM   #38
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

God (upper case) - as I've defined is an ultimate being, [....]

No doubt your infinite arrogance has granted you the power to define words, but the rest of us will continue to use the dictionary definitions.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 09-25-2017, 07:20 AM   #39
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
No doubt, most agree (even Davin) that their could very well be beings "superior" to humans (aka gods) within our existence.
Nope, I don't agree with that. Clearly you have difficulties with reading comprehension.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:25 AM   #40
Davin
Obsessed Member

If being superior to Andrew66 makes it think you're a god, then Andrew66 must see gods everywhere.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #41
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Nope, I don't agree with that. Clearly you have difficulties with reading comprehension.
What was all that about humans ranking 47th out of 100 species. You were open minded to this weren't you. I'd rather not go to the trouble of finding your quote.

By the way - with regards to your and Sinny's challenge, I've asked William Craig of Reasonable Faith if he could supply some names of Atheist or Agnostic history scholars who agree with the pieces of Jesus's resurrection argument.

Hope he answers, he would know of the top of his head, it would take me hours to find.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #42
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
If being superior to Andrew66 makes it think you're a god, then Andrew66 must see gods everywhere.
A god to me should be able to do at least one of

a) Walk on water
b) Change material objects such as water into wine.
c) Bring a dead person back to life
d) Teleport DNA into a women's womb to get her pregnant.
e) Multiply or create objects such as fish and bread.
f) Levitate

Lots of superhero's or science fiction characters / machines can do the above - I'm sure advances in science stand an excellent chance of figuring these things out.

To believe there is no god, you have to believe that in all history of the entire cosmos - Humans and human science is no. 1. Pretty arrogant of you.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #43
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
What was all that about humans ranking 47th out of 100 species. You were open minded to this weren't you. I'd rather not go to the trouble of finding your quote.
If you could read, you'd notice that I never said that superior == god.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
[...]I've asked William Craig[...]
That dishonest idiot? I'd say, "don't waste your time" but you seem to love wasting your time.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
A god to me should be able to do at least one of[...]
Then what's all this other bullshit about if you have other criteria? If you can't keep your own argument straight, how can you expect to convince any one else?

Old 09-25-2017, 03:25 PM   #44
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote:
As a Jesus expert, we are hoping you can answer the question every Biologist has, how exactly does a non-material being (God) impregnate a woman?
Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I'm sure a highly evolved entity from the cosmos would have mastered basic transporter technology to enable simple impregnation.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:52 AM   #45
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
A god to me should be able to do at least one of

a) Walk on water
b) Change material objects such as water into wine.
c) Bring a dead person back to life
d) Teleport DNA into a women's womb to get her pregnant.
e) Multiply or create objects such as fish and bread.
f) Levitate

Lots of superhero's or science fiction characters / machines can do the above - I'm sure advances in science stand an excellent chance of figuring these things out.

To believe there is no god, you have to believe that in all history of the entire cosmos - Humans and human science is no. 1. Pretty arrogant of you.

Wow! Andy swallowed the lot from his Sunday School teacher. Hey, not so greedy, Andy. Let some dribble down our chin.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii

Last edited by Kinich Ahau; 09-26-2017 at 02:12 AM.
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote