Old 09-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

"Deliver Us From Evil" Movie

Do you know about this film?

It is a documentary "about Father Oliver O’Grady, the most notorious pedophile in the history of the modern Catholic Church. A remorseless, and compulsive, sexual predator, O’Grady used his charm and authority as a religious leader to exploit Catholic families and rape dozens of children across Northern California - both physically and spiritually."

Movie Website.
Apple Trailers
Apple Trailers High Definition

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #2
Ickybod

I liked the Johnny Cash in the background. The war on religion continues but, like so many other attempts, this shall be nothing more than another cry for reason falling on deaf ears.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #3
inkadu
Obsessed Member

1) Why do they run advertisements before trailers? Isn't the trailer itself an advertisement?

2) Why do they have to stream it? I can't buffer it fast enough, and it's all choppy. Back in the day, you could load the whole thing into memory then play it.

3) Why did Microsoft stop supporting Windows98?

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
inkadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:59 AM   #4
clambake
shred

Quote:
inkadu wrote
Is this true? You mean at some point in time Microcsoft supported one of its products?

That appears to be an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence!

(edited to correct spelling)

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
UnknownUser

Quote:
inkadu wrote
1) Why do they run advertisements before trailers? Isn't the trailer itself an advertisement?

2) Why do they have to stream it? I can't buffer it fast enough, and it's all choppy. Back in the day, you could load the whole thing into memory then play it.

1) I never got any advertisements before the trailer, but if they do it would be so that they can continue to play the trailers and make a small profit off of them.
2) The streaming takes advantage of the I2 architecture and allows for a lighter load on both the server and the pc.
3) To many incompatibility issues with the 'new' drivers for XP and Vista, and that is what you get for having an OS on the archaic BIOS system.

Great find Pan; one can only hope that down here in the bible belt they will show this movie, as there are not so many catholics here...
Old 10-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
UnknownUser wrote
1) I never got any advertisements before the trailer, but if they do it would be so that they can continue to play the trailers and make a small profit off of them.
I'm sure that's the answer. It's just bothersome, because the one time I WANT to see an advertisement, someone is putting advertisements in front of it.

Quote:
2) The streaming takes advantage of the I2 architecture and allows for a lighter load on both the server and the pc.
But it also means if my connection is glitchy, I can't buffer the whole thing into memory, meaning that the entire thing is going to be bumpy.

Quote:
3) To many incompatibility issues with the 'new' drivers for XP and Vista, and that is what you get for having an OS on the archaic BIOS system.
Understood, but Microsoft isn't even offering archival support. If I want to install Windows98SE, it won't send any updates. So all the security holes and flaws that Microsoft plugged in the updates will now be open again.

I'm just cheap, essentially, and I'm not really sure I'd be getting any qualitative improvements. The only the my Win98 computer can't do well is P2P communications (but it does it well enough), and there is absolutey no freeware internet security available for it.

Oh, and for the skeptics, here's a link: Microsoft Ends Support for Windows 98.

Quote:
Great find Pan; one can only hope that down here in the bible belt they will show this movie, as there are not so many catholics here...
Yeah. Once bible-belt protestants start hating Catholics, it's only a short ride to realizing the flaws in their own faith. :/

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
inkadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

I hope its shown in the UK!
And I hope to get to see "An Inconvenient Truth" this week as well.
The fast majority of cinemas here are not showing "An Inconvenient Truth". I find this outrageous and shocking!
(But appily there is one showing it near me!)

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote