What am I missing?
A brain, obviously, you weird twat.
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #2837
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

I don't know if God is omniscient. I hope he exists. I hope he is strong and wise enough to grant those deserving salvation.
1. For your sake, if he does exist, I hope he's the one that you ass-kiss because Man, thus far, has created about 10,000 'de lards'. That gives you about a 0.01% chance of having chosen the correct 'de lard'. So, punk, do ya feel lucky? Yey, I know it's a mis-quote.

2. If he's wise, we'll see you in hell. I'll leave the rest to your imagination, you weirdo.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 AM   #2838
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
You are saying a loving god may not allow a war against a genocidal regime. What about: a loving god wouldn't allow the genocide in the first place.

There you go again, being logical an' all.

You spoil all of android's fun.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:01 AM   #2839
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
"Slimy, shit stained, cunt?" Hmmm - not bad Perhaps you could have said "slimy, shit filled, diseased, fowl smelling cock roach infested,... you know a few more adjectives" I give your insult only a B -.

Please up your game on this.

I saw the link about the miracle catch. The baseball player did not say the catch was fake. What am I missing?
Hey android, you fuckin' weirdo

You do have permission from your bitch-master jerrypong to write all this crap, right?
Old 01-11-2018, 01:28 AM   #2840
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
There you go again, being logical an' all.

You spoil all of android's fun.
I'm not sure. We know Andy's version of goddy loves genocide and all that shit.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:23 AM   #2841
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Judge

Consider this, I'd like to know your response.

War, as terrible as it is, can sometimes be a good thing - when for example the point of the war is to liberate citizens in an evil, oppressive regime. Example, lets say there is a regime that is killing millions of its citizens just because of their race - a nicer country might go to war with the evil country to stop their evil practices.

So I imagine your knee jerk counter would be, that God if loving would never let a nation do such a thing. Thus avoiding the war.

But then you have a God who is not allowing free will.

God gave man free will. It is man, not God that causes the suffering. The Biblical story covering this occurs in the Garden of Eden

God obviously values the gift of freedom (of mankind, to act) over a world devoid of evil and suffering.

In your perfect world where their is no suffering - this means their is oppression - a lack of freedom. Is this preferred??

I mentioned freedom in my original reply as a reason for suffering, interestingly you did not address it.

You will probably say that a "little" suffering is OK, but not too bad.. no no, not to bad. This still limits freedom.

See the show Stepford wives.
I find your responses a little confusing. Are you saying that you believe there is an omnimax god but also that there is free will?

If your god is (amongst other things) all-knowing then everything that will happen is predetermined by "him" so further to my question about why any faithful person would prey for intercession at all I also wonder how you square this aspect of the nature of your god with free will?

It seems to me that you cannot have it both ways.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:42 AM   #2842
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
I find your responses a little confusing. Are you saying that you believe there is an omnimax god but also that there is free will?

If your god is (amongst other things) all-knowing then everything that will happen is predetermined by "him" so further to my question about why any faithful person would prey for intercession at all I also wonder how you square this aspect of the nature of your god with free will?

Chritards have had it that way for centuries. Not any more.

The difference now is that we get to question, and live!

In the past, if we questioned the crutch in any way, shape or form, the evil fuckers put us to death because their god is forgiving and loves us all.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #2843
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Yeah and when fire was cleansing for the soul and people believed in demons and stuff. It's disturbing that apparently some still do :/

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #2844
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Yeah and when fire was cleansing for the soul and people believed in demons and stuff. It's disturbing that apparently some still do :/
Oh, make no mistake, I believe that christards should be burned at the stake because of:-

1. Pay-back for all the people they murdered, raped, tortured, enslaved and pillaged in the past.

2. The damage they do and have done to the fabric of our society:

i) Before christards came along, Man, in general, was not afraid to die. Man is now because christards claim than an afterlife exists where everyone will be judged and the evil sent to hell to burn for eternity. That, I very much take as a threat and deal with it appropriately.

ii) Held back science by 100 and possibly more years.

iii) Continue to feed people bull-shit eg. immaculate conception etc.

iv) Their behaviour towards our young children and the protection of the perpetrators of those crimes by the church.

v) Prior to christarology, Man and his Gods were almost on a par. Man believed that gods existed to help mankind progress. As a result of christardology, Mankind was required to bow his head to a made-up god. Christarology had Man believe that he existed to spend his days licking god's ass. Man became subservient to a made-up god. What a disgrace.

Man, in his droves, is now turning his back on a made-up god. Man may well surprise me and recover from the christard-inflicted damage. I so hope so.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #2845
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:

I'm not a big fan in omniscience. I really don't know though. I just "hope" there is a God afterall, your (ohoh - correction - you're) getting into details. It might be possible to know the future and still allow for free will choices however - I don't think this can be ruled out (you seem to rule it out).
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:27 PM   #2846
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I'm not a big fan in omniscience. I really don't know though. I just "hope" there is a God afterall, your (ohoh - correction - you're) getting into details. It might be possible to know the future and still allow for free will choices however - I don't think this can be ruled out (you seem to rule it out).
Yes, you got "You're" correct but "Afterall" is two words, not one, you weirdo illiterate twat.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I don't think
Correct.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #2847
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
Yes, you got "You're" correct
Thank you Hertz for noticing!

God Bless you -
Old 01-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #2848
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Thank you Hertz for noticing!

God Bless you -
Old 01-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #2849
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:

Its a tough thing to square

Your are speaking of determinism vs. free will - the Christian community is largely divided on this issue.

What I can say is this... from the point of view of prayer at least it might not matter.

Lets assume for sake of argument that praying is helpful.

It doesn't matter whether we choose prayer of our own free will, or if we merely fulfill our destiny and pray - because the result is helpful. So one should just do it and not worry about the mechanics.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #2850
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Lets assume for sake of argument that praying is helpful.
It isn't - end of argument!

I fucking detest the "Thoughts & Prayers" bullshit every time there's an 'incident'.

Do something useful man! - give blood, give money, join and participate in aid organisations, pack aid, offer transport, cook food, offer your home for shelter - but muttering/begging for help from an imaginary all-loving turd in the sky? - fuck off.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote