ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
GodIsAMyth wrote View Post
What miracle

did

you

experience?
He took his lord and savory redeemer into his mouth, and swallowed.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #17
Sopater48

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Wow! You seem to have missed at least one other way that your god has to bring about a better world:

4. Duping credulous dolts into believing they shouldn't be violent assholes in order to win a magical trip to paradise.
Methinks you confuse Christianity with Islam.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #18
GodIsAMyth

Quote:
He took his lord and savory redeemer into his mouth, and swallowed.
My goodness! I experience miracles all of the time!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sopater48 wrote View Post

I wouldn't say that Jesus was the only way to salvation but he certainly is the only sure way.
Or else we get a petulant return to option #1 forever right? Which is of course skydads true nature as that threat proves.
Carry on playing the gimp for all those more holy than you, but you won't gain any ponzi reward here. Keep sucking upwards douche.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
Sopater48

Quote:
What miracle

did

you

experience

and could

it have been

explained away

in

any other way?

My guess is that it could be.
I had inherited a silver Coventry cross from my Grandmother and it had a solid ring in a hole at the top of the cross to take the chain. The two separated in my hands. It completely freaked me out.

I put it away. But over the next few days I kept getting it out and there was no physical way what had happened could have happened.

Now, I was on my way to a mental breakdown at the time but I kept going back to that cross and everytime I looked it was there, clear evidence of an impossible action happening.
This was over 10 years ago. I have not seen the cross for many years and keep thinking that one day I will try and find it.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #21
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
That is a very good question.

Perhaps I just want to spend a few hours on a Saturday evening poking fun at athiests. I hope this isn't my motive but I suppose if I am honest it might be. I read the other threads and don't see why, if you are happy to give it so why not.
Well, if you just want to poke fun at us, why not be honest and spare us the self-serving blessings bullshit? It's awfully high-handed when you actually wandered in here for a fight.

Quote:
Sopater wrote
or

Interesting dialogue.
If you enjoy verbal joustings and trading insults, you might be entertained here. A meeting of the minds is rather unlikely, however.

Quote:
Sopater wrote
or

I am also trying, to some degree, to be a goodwill ambassador.
Sorry. I didn't see any evidence of that in your initial post. You pretty much made it clear that you found us to be laughable and, obviously, cowards because we're not out preaching on street corners so that the rest of the world can laugh at us, too. Those sentiments are somehow at odds with your bestowal of blessings and peace later on in your post.

Quote:
Sopater wrote
or

I was an athiest for most of my life (just didn't believe in God- whatever type of athiest that it) but I experienced a (physical) miracle and now I do. I want others to understand the joy.
Why is it necessary for us to understand your joy? I have my own joys, which you might not find so joyful. I wouldn't dream of imposing my joys on you.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #22
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Methinks you confuse Christianity with Islam.
You also think that an invisible cosmic being hears you mumble your wishes for sugar plums and eternal life into your blankies at night. Leave the thinking for those of us gifted with the capacity for abstract thought, pumpkin head!

Methinks you need to pull out a history book, dunce.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #23
Sopater48

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Or else we get a petulant return to option #1 forever right?
No. I was refering to the flood.

Love is the only option left.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
My goodness! I experience miracles all of the time!

Remind me to play God and the Virgin Mary with you sometime.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #25
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:

He is referring to the flood of pee pee in his diaper. His caregivers are very loving.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #26
Sopater48

Quote:
You also think that an invisible cosmic being hears you mumble your wishes for sugar plums and eternal life into your blankies at night. Leave the thinking for those of us gifted with the capacity for abstract thought, pumpkin head!

Methinks you need to pull out a history book, dunce.
Wow such erudite wit. I must look up your 11,000ish other posts...

Can't wait.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #27
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
I had inherited a silver Coventry cross from my Grandmother and it had a solid ring in a hole at the top of the cross to take the chain. The two separated in my hands. It completely freaked me out.

I put it away. But over the next few days I kept getting it out and there was no physical way what had happened could have happened.

Now, I was on my way to a mental breakdown at the time but I kept going back to that cross and everytime I looked it was there, clear evidence of an impossible action happening.
This was over 10 years ago. I have not seen the cross for many years and keep thinking that one day I will try and find it.
On your way to a mental breakdown? News to your mama, homie, that train pulled into cuckoo station a long time ago.

I knew a chick who had a crucifix similar to that. It had Jesus on one end and a dick head on the other. She kept cramming it into her confession hole, and it kept coming out again. Suddenly she cried, "Oh, God!"

Tell me that isn't a fucking miracle!

Old 12-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #28
Sopater48

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Sorry. I didn't see any evidence of that in your initial post. You pretty much made it clear that you found us to be laughable
I was infering to the wit that shows in some of the posts on this web site.

Compared to many of the forums it seemed to have a higher wit to insult ratio.

But perhaps first impressions etc. etc.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #29
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Wow such erudite wit. I must look up your 11,000ish other posts...

Can't wait.
Perhaps you should have, you presumptuous little addlepate. Then you might have a clue as to how badly you are going to be violated.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #30
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:

So tsunamis are a relapse?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote