I'm lost...

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #1338
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Here's a breadcrumb for ya.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #1339
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Wow! Poor John A Davison.

He is always welcome back to Raving Atheists. He was some of the most fun I have had on this forum.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #1340
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Jebus, my memory really is failing me these days. I don't remember that at all.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #1341
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Actually, I do remember this now. Wow, good times. The smackdown laid by Tenspace was fucking epic.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:56 AM   #1342
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Ahh - nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
For the newcomers who way wish to piss themselves at a classic case of terminal stupidity, here's a glimpse of what earned John A Davison his well earned reaming.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #1343
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Poor, crazy Johnny!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #1344
psychodiva
I Live Here

ah- good times!!! he did love it so

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #1345
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

"god is real"

Nope, God & its many manifestations defined as bizarre delusions are not real. These neurological aberrations are innate in our brains & the price we evolved mutated primates had to pay for our higher cognition, developing in extreme cases as BizarreDelusions Acceptance disorders like the hardly detected schizoaffective, depression, OCD, Theism, Spirituality, Belief in Gods.

In a "normal" human brain ( we are crazy apes to begin with so the word normal is loosely applied) the psychosis of god can be eradicated with an extensive education, when the brain embraces the education obtaining University degrees but still accepts those delusions as real, the brain has a susceptibility to the Faith-psychosis anomaly.

In more severe cases deep spirituality will merge with paranoia schizophrenia-like disorders and make the disorder explode: William Miller, Joseph Smith, Hitler, Doe, Jones, Yates, Koresh, 9-11 pilots etc...

A person lacking any religious belief ( atheism) can also has a susceptibility to bizarre delusions despite the education received. Then one would have the accepted neurological disorders like schizophrenia, TL epilepsy, Autism, dementia, etc etc.

Educated Religious folks that believe resurrecting zombies like miracle worker godJesus are real, are nothing more than explosives waiting for a place to explode. Christophrenia or Islamophrenia Time Bombs.

Religious beliefs a neuropathology? You betcha!!

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #1346
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #1347
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

The WHY the Psychosis of God is real. Here is the story of its evolution & how it contributed to the creation of the CA ( Cogitating Ape).

First there were entheogens which also contributed to the evolution of the brain of all living organisms. I'll be focusing in the evolution of ours

These are just a sample of the thousands of psychotropic substances. It is a fact these substances alter our perception of reality.

Our earliest known 40 million yr old ancestor named Ida ( revealed in 2009 given the name Darwinius masillae) has sparked big controversy among Christophrenia infected scientists & those void of the Theism delusion causing syndrome.
35 million yrs later we have this ancestor who by ingesting entheogens cemented forever the complex molecules that would make the brain susceptible to the accepting of irrational concepts as reality. Back then Australopithecus Afarensis had a BRAIN...and also a working appendix. The Psychosis of GodBelief was truly a relief in 3.5 million year old brains. It explained EVERYTHING and unfortunately it is still with us today causing all kinds of neurological disorders including religious beliefs, which for obvious reasons is treated as faith or higher cognition of man, but it is just a psychosis as per the definition of what a psychosis is. Accepting bizarre delusions as reality, by educated folks that ought to know better.

over 11,000 years ago. Humans begun to build structures to honor those bizarre delusions which they saw as REALITY. The Psychosis of god begun to evolve ALL over the planet since as the appendix it was part of our Higher Cognition Brain. The first gods were the Stars, elements & sexual organ. The proof this is true can be seen ALL OVER the world in the epigraphy of ancient artifacts...it requires intellectuals lacking tunnel vision having the ability to connect the dots.

Here is a picture of the oldest temple ever discovered. It is located in the Fertile Crescent where where the psychosis of GodBelief was strongest.

Today we see Faith-psychosis is part of our human nature as are the viruses & beneficial bacteria that we have in our bodies, which can mutate into KILLING DISEASES. PPLO ( tuberculosis causing agents) organism is proof of this.
So like it or not, belief in God by EDUCATED folks is a neurological disorder, benign but still a disorder that could become full blown ( Crusaders, Burning times, Koresh, Hitler, Doe etc etc ) if we FAIL to become aware where the psychosis of god originates from assigning ALL religious beliefs, conspiracy theories, irrational mumbo jumbo accepted as true by the educated, to a depression OCD like, mental disturbance.

Faith-psychosis is always inversely proportional to knowledge, awareness & information. IOW the more the faith the less the knowledge & awareness. I guess Christophenics are correct when they say Ignorance is bliss.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #1348
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Cal,
Can you please provide the following evidence:
1. Our ancestors ingested entheogens 35 million years ago.
2. Ingestion of entheogens 35 million years ago caused changes to the brain, which were passed along in DNA to the offspring.

I'm not holding my breath.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #1349
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Cal,
Can you please provide the following evidence:
1. Our ancestors ingested entheogens 35 million years ago.
2. Ingestion of entheogens 35 million years ago caused changes to the brain, which were passed along in DNA to the offspring.

I'm not holding my breath.
I suggest YOU get the head out of your arse & do research like I do. People having NotKeenBrains like you will NEVER be satisfy with the EVIDENCE provided. NEVER. So here, learn and DO YOUR OWN research.
Are you happy to constantly demonstrate your ignorance & envy of the knowledge other provide while clueless of the EVIDENCE presented unable to use deductive thinking of your own concentrating on worthless minutia that only STAGNATES your mind giving you tunnel vision?
We are after all evolved mutated primates that create the delusion of god with our brains. Isn't this a FACT or are your neurological turpitude & tunnel vision preventing you from accepting this fact as true? Where are you from? Mars? Here, lump it tard.

Dark caves, Imagination going wild, Dilation of Pupils, Presence of gods felt, Belladonna berries, psychotropic pigment place on mouth to blow it on hands to SIGN the work saying:
" I, Troglodyte NKB was Here"
-----------

FYI, I DO NOT READ ONLY ONE BOOK, like Christophrenics & so called atheists like you do.

Alexander, R. (1989). Evolution of the human psyche. In P. Mellars & C. Stringer (Ed.), The human revolution (pp. 455-513). Edinburgh: University of Edinburgh Press.

Argyle, M. (2000). Psychology and religion: An introduction. London: Routledge.

Aronson, E. & Mills, J. (1959). The effect of severity of initiation on liking for a group. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 59, 177-181.

Atran, S. (2002). In gods we trust. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

Baffier, D., & Girard, M. (1998). Les cavernes D’Arcy-sur-Cure. Paris: La Maison des Roches

Bahn, P. & Vertut, J. (1988). Images of the Ice Age. Leicester: Windward.

Baldwin, D. A., Baird, J. A., Saylor, M. M., & Clark, M. A. (2001). Infants parse dynamic action. Child Development, 72, 708-717.

Barrett, K. C. (1995). A functionalist approach to shame and guilt. In J. P. Tangney & K. W. Fischer (Eds.), Self-conscious emotions: The psychology of shame, guilt, embarrassment and pride (pp. 25-63). New York: The Guilford Press.

Batson, C. D., Schoenrade, P. & Ventis, W. L. (1993). Religion and the individual. New York: Oxford University Press.

Beaune, S. (1995). Les Hommes au temps de Lascaux. Paris: Hachette.

Bednarik, R. (1995). Concept-mediated marking in the Lower Paleolithic. Current Anthropology, 36, 605-634.

Bednarik, R. (1994). Art origins. Anthropos, 89, 169-180.

Bender, B. (1975). Farming in prehistory. London: John Baker.

Bender, B. (1978), Gatherer-hunter to farmer: A social perspective. World Archeology, 10, 204-222.

Bender, B. (1985). Emergent tribal formations in the American mid-continent. American Antiquity, 50, 52-62.

Bingham, P. M. (1999). Human uniqueness: A general theory. The Quarterly Review of Biology, 74, 133-169.

Bloom, H. (1992). The American religion. New York: Simon and Schuster.

Boyer, P. (2001). Religion explained. New York: Basic Books.

Bryant, J.M. (1996). Moral codes and social structure in ancient Greece. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.

Byrne, R.W., & Whiten, A. (1991). Tactical deception in primates: The 1990 database. Primate Report, 27, 1-101.

Campbell, J. (1983). The way of animal powers (vol. 1): Historical atlas of world mythology. San Francisco: Harper & Row.

Clottes, J. (1992). L’archeologie des grottes ornees. La Recherche, 239, 23, 52-61.

Clottes, J. & Lewis-Williams, D. (1998). The shamans of prehistory: Trance and magic in painted caves. New York: Abrams Press.

Conklin, B. A. (2001). Consuming Grief: Compassionate Cannibalism in an Amazonian Society. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press.

Defleur, A., Dutour, O., Valladas, H., & Vandermeersch, V. (1993). Cannibals among the Neanderthals. Nature, 362, 214.

Defleur, A., White, T., Valensi, P., Slimak, L., & Cregut-Bonnoure, E. (1999). Neanderthal cannibalism at Moula-Guercy, Ardeche, France. Science, 286, 128 131.

de Waal, F. B. M. (1996). Good natured. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.

de Waal, F. B. M., & Lanting, F. (1997). Bonobo: The forgotten ape. Berkeley: University of California Press.

Dickson, B. (1990). The dawn of belief. Tucson: University of Arizona Press.

Dietler, M. (2001). Theorizing the feast: Rituals of consumption, commensural politics, and power in African contexts. In M. Dietler & B. Hayden (Eds.), Feasts (pp. 65-114). Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press.

Dowson, T. & Porr, M. (1999). Special objects – special creatures.: Shamanic imagery and Aurignacian art. In N. Price (Ed.), The archaeology of shamanism (pp. 165177). London: Routledge.

Dugatkin, L. A. (2001). Subjective commitment in nonhumans: What should we be looking for, and where should we be looking? In R. Nesse (Ed.), Evolution and the capacity for commitment (pp. 120-137). New York: Russell Sage Foundation.

Dunbar, R. (1996). Grooming, gossip, and the evolution of language. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.

Eliade, M. (1958). Patterns in comparative religion. London: Sheed and Ward.

Farizy, C. (1990). Du Mousterien au Chatelperronien a Arcy-sur-Cure. Memoires du Musee de Prehistoire, Ile-de-France, 3, 281-289.

Farthing, G. W. (1992). The psychology of consciousness. New York: Prentice-Hall.

Fehr, E. & Gachter, S. (2002). Altruistic punishment in humans. Nature, 415, 137 – 140.

Fehr, E. & Tyran, J.-R. (1996). Institutions and reciprocal fairness. Nordic Journal of Political Economy, 67, 133-44.

Feuerbach, L. 1972(1843). The fiery book: Selected writings of Ludwig Feuerbach.

Garden City, NY: Anchor Books.

Gallup, G. (1970). Chimpanzee self-recognition. Science, 167, 86-87.

and there are more......but you'll NEVER see a sign in a 35,000 yrs old cave that says:

"I Calpurnpiso was here, ingested entheogens with my fellow troglodytes NKB, DIVA, DAVIN, SMELLY & STERN & saw god creating the religion of penis-Christ.

Written on the month of the bone, day of the waxing moon & year of the CockGod 35,235 bce"

Last edited by calpurnpiso; 08-13-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #1350
nkb
He who walks among the theists

So, in other words, you pulled it straight out of that arse that you use for "thinking".

I'm so surprised!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote