Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #331
Lily

Quote:
Choobus wrote
it's ok, if I was damned I'm sure Jeebus would grant me a scooter and let me into heaven anyway, just so he could hang out with me
You will have to lose the socks first.

just sayin'
Old 07-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #332
Choobus
I Live Here

Why does jesus want my sock? What a dirty bastard.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #333
Livingstrong

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
it's ok, if I was damned I'm sure Jeebus would grant me a scooter and let me into heaven anyway, just so he could hang out with me
You will have to lose the cocks first.

just sayin'
Just kidding.....but it makes more sense....
Old 07-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #334
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
inkadu wrote
Quote:
Lily wrote
Not content with eating my food, he also indulges his basic urges on my little tiny Munchie who, like all the others, is spayed. So he is pretty dumb, as well as greedy.
What? Are you saying a male cat is dumb if he gets his nuts off on a spayed cat?

You may know theology, Lily, but you certainly don't know anything about male psychology.
Ahem. The biological imperative in the cat world is reproduction. While I don't suppose enjoyment is totally impossible (what cat has ever expressed himself on that subject?), it is completely beside the point. If he were behaving normally, he would be out looking for love in the right places right after he finishes breakfast.

My vet cracked up when I told him about it. It ain't normal behavior. It really ain't.
As much as I hate to disagree with you, Lily, the biological imperative in animal behavior is sex, not reproduction. Reproduction is incidental to the psychology and behavior of sex, the actual drive. Other than humans, if all animals were suddenly turned sterile, they wouldn't notice or care while they kept on having sex with anything willing.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #335
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Gnosital wrote
Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
George?!? Izzat you there in the closet, feelin' up Ellen?
Rattie, wot the HELL are you talkin' about????
It just seemed funny to quote the old George Carlin shtick about feelin' up Ellen at the time. Since there had been some discussion earlier about one of us being George Carlin, and..... well, crap. Weeks later, it's whole pile less funny than in the moment. :/ You know how comedy is.....even on a good day with a warmed-up audience.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #336
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Sort of apropos to this thread PZ Myers tears Alister McGrath a new one.

Cal, check it out!

Quote:
[E]verything I've read by McGrath suggests that here is a man whose thoughts have been arrested by a temporal lobe seizure that he has mistaken for a lightning bolt from god.
(Myers has a way of writing a single blog post that covers much ground. Or rather, it covers the rotting corpse of religiosity with lime in order to stifle the stink.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:27 PM   #337
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Physicist Paul Davies has written a squishy NYT OpEd piece on how scientists rely on faith.

Quote:
"...to be a scientist, you had to have faith that the universe is governed by dependable, immutable, absolute, universal, mathematical laws of an unspecified origin."
Edge is collecting responses (after which Dr Davies will have several new arseholes): www.edge.org/discourse/science_faith.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 11-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #338
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Physicist Paul Davies has written a squishy NYT OpEd piece on how scientists rely on faith.

Edge is collecting responses (after which Dr Davies will have several new arseholes): www.edge.org/discourse/science_faith.html
He's already had the buccal cavity replaced with quite the asshole, based on the shit spewing forth.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #339
Gnosital
still unsmited

I just heard him interviewed on Science Fridays about his new book on how quantum physics explains how the universe wouldn't exist without human consciousness. Also how in the future, consciousness will change what has already happened in the past.

He sounded a bit like an douchewizard to me. It made me wish that Choobus had been there to hear it as well. I'd have loved to hear his commentary!
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:06 PM   #340
Gnosital
still unsmited

Nevermind. I just saw his picture. He's definitely a douchewizard.

http://www.sciencefriday.com/program/archives/200711232
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #341
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Prof PZ notes what happens when science and faith collude in the same brain, in this case that of the Intelligent Design Artist Formerly Known as a Biologist, Michael Behe.

Quote:
He starts by declaring that science can't tell us anything about our purpose, and then he goes on to immediately declare that the data of biology lead to an understanding of purpose. Behe is an incredibly muddled thinker — he's got the background that values science, but at the same time he's bogged down in these peculiar presuppositions that make a mess of his brain.

The data of biology do not point to purpose, but to a history of accidents shaped by short-term utility to replicators. [Vatican Assmonkey, Cardinal]Schönborn is unqualified to assess it — he's a blithering theologian — and both Schönborn and Behe are blinded to the overwhelming dominance of chance in our biology by their ideological predispositions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-31-2007, 04:38 PM   #342
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

The Christ-psychotics retards fail to see that the purpose of life is to pass our genes. This truth hides in plain sight.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:24 PM   #343
skribb

It doesn't hide though, Cal. It Just Doesn't Actively Reveal Itself. Retards indeed.

Edit: Hah, I've been typing song titles all day and look what it does to me
Old 12-31-2007, 05:36 PM   #344
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
skribb wrote View Post
It doesn't hide though, Cal. It Just Doesn't Actively Reveal Itself. Retards indeed.

Edit: Hah, I've been typing song titles all day and look what it does to me
Genau..I've been composing...happy 2761 auc with abundant mental health thus prosperity is yours!.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #345
OGZeus

I swear I just heard cal on the radio, only he was claiming to be in Kansas City, and going by the name of "Hawkeye." Must've been his separated-at-birth twin or something.