Old 03-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #256
mondrian

I have been up most of the night and am knackered.

I have come up with a solution to the Excel issue. It ain't pretty but it works. The problem is that I don't know when it occurred or how much damage it has done. Bloody Microsoft.

I've also fixed the errors that resulted in the extracted data being duplicated, omitted and created erroneously. That was my fault 'cos I am a twat. Again, I don't know the extent of the duplications, omissions and erroneous data creation so I don't know how much damage the error has caused.

What I do know is that some horses were selected that shouldn't have been and some that should have been selected that weren't. At this stage, I don't know how many selections were affected.

I now need to re-extract the data and re-analyse.

Given that the extract program is now a lot more complex than it used to be and there's a lot more data that needs to be extracted than last time, it's going to take me all of what's left of this week, all of next week and maybe into the following week to sort this out. That means that I won't be posting my tips until 7 April at the earliest.

See you then.

The middle man of last resort.
mondrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:45 AM   #257
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I want results by the 6th damn it...or I am taking my £1 bets elsewhere!

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #258
clambake
shred

Quote:
mondrian wrote View Post
Bloody Microsoft.
I see your problem.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #259
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
clambake wrote View Post
I see your problem.
Linux cad

Mondrian FORMAT c:

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #260
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Old 03-31-2014, 03:44 AM   #261
mondrian

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Do I use these to select my horses or do I stick them in the eyes of the twat that wrote the MicroSoft software?

Old 03-31-2014, 03:47 AM   #262
mondrian

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Linux cad

Mondrian FORMAT c:
Fuck, I miss having access to an IBM mainframe.

Reliable (mostly) software and no viruses. (Sigh).

Old 03-31-2014, 03:49 AM   #263
mondrian

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
I want results by the 6th damn it...or I am taking my £1 bets elsewhere!
That makes two of us, but it ain't looking likely.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:25 AM   #264
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Awwwwww, I was only bluffing! I need my fried chicken. Unless there is a Nando's nearby of course!

Old 03-31-2014, 01:27 PM   #265
mondrian

Don't hold ya breath. Asphyxiation ain't pretty unless you use Helium. Going as fast as I can but it's getting like trench warfare.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #266
mondrian

Before I begin, please read all of this post before arriving at a judgement.

I needed to determine the effect of posting free horse racing selections on a forum. I needed to determine whether the odds of the selections would increase after being posted, by what percentage and over what period of time. I could have tested this on a horse racing forum and, god knows, there’s enough out there. However, there are so many issues associated with such sites that I chose a non-horse racing associated forum instead – this one in fact.

I couldn’t advise you guys in advance because that would have invalidated the test.

I guess that some of you may be upset at this point because you may feel that you have been used. However, please be aware that the selections were taken from a well tried, well tested and trusted system and is the one that I actually use. It has been tested using data going as far back as 2008 and is probably one of the most tested systems that exists. Please also be aware that, before the test started, I stated that the strike rate of the system was 80%. During the test period, the system behaved impeccably and registered a strike rate of 83.33%. Those of you that used it to place actual bets would therefore have been amply rewarded.

The test is now complete and the data has been analysed – which is what I’ve been doing for the past few days. No, the system wasn’t broken. I said that just in case I needed to run more tests – sorry. The results are not as expected – which has come as a surprise. The selections drifted, as expected, but not by as much as they ought to have.

I always thought that those who frequent this forum were a smart bunch of cookies. However, I underestimated just how smart. Although the selections drifted, it looks as though those of you who were actually placing bets were trading out before the off and taking a guaranteed profit. Smart. The trading out before the off caused the odds of the selections to shorten again. This explains why the selections didn’t drift as much as expected.

My conclusion is therefore that posting free selections on a forum isn’t a good idea. This is why we need to test out theories because, what should happen in theory, doesn’t always happen in practice. This was one such case.

My thanks to all those who took part in the test, albeit unwittingly, and hope that you aren’t too offended and were amply rewarded.

As for my non-horse racing related posts: I only joined in because I thought that it would help to gain acceptance of my horse racing selections. That said, I really don’t like christianity. It is based on a lie and is used for immoral purposes. My feeling is that, as a result of scientific progress, it will die out and become a historical curiosity. Unfortunately, the more we Atheists give the christians hell, the more galvanised they become and attacking them may have the reverse of the desired effect. Reasoning with them is a non-starter. If they were open to reason, they wouldn’t believe in god in the first place.

The other thing I worry about is islaam and its spread. christianity may not have been the wisest thing that man has ever invented, but ridding this world of christianity may be even worse.

After this post, I don’t suppose any of you guys will want anything to do with me. I wouldn’t blame you if you did. This will therefore be my last post on this hallowed forum. I wish each and every one of you well.

As for the post about cancer: Unfortunately that was true. Sadly, we laid my best friend to rest this week. My god, pancreatic cancer works fast. I’m gonna miss him. RIP.

I’d like to dedicate this to him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y1fXJnR7FE

Old 04-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #267
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
mondrian wrote View Post
This will therefore be my last post on this hallowed forum.
I'll have you a tenner you're wrong!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #268
Node18

mondrian there are no hard feelings harbored - at all

I hear Bovina gives incredibly good blowjobs. What do you think Choobus?
anyone who can swallow the catholic turdology with such enthusiasm must have practically no gag reflex
Node18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:59 AM   #269
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Bit dramatic? If this is what happens when you argue with Davin then I had better make sure I am in line with his ideas...in totality!

Old 04-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #270
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
mondrian wrote View Post
The other thing I worry about is islaam and its spread. christianity may not have been the wisest thing that man has ever invented, but ridding this world of christianity may be even worse.
You wanna bet? It's only because of cristain institution that jizlam is given credibility, respect , & access to the public square. Otherwise they'd be laughed at, & kept in pens if they got violent.
Faiths all shit in the same pot when secularists are about.