Old 06-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
Demigod79

Okay, let's advance into the future where cloning technology and genetic engineering are at an advanced stage. If you could engineer a new human being how would you build it? Would you simply improve upon the current one, or would you try to build something different? Obviously there are certain things that can be improved with the human body, but there's also the possibility of building something altogether different (would a third eye or an extra heart be beneficial?). What would you change and why?

And please try to limit responses to functional, not superficial changes (so a larger sex organ for boosting ego does not count :P ). If superficial then at least give some practical reasons why. So if you say "taller" then give reasons why it would have good functional benefits, and if "more attractive" then define what that means and why you would want it implemented. And try to support your ideas with genetics, biology, and evolution (obviously there are some things that simply cannot be done so only suggest things that could actually be done, at least theoretically). Taking features from other animals and science fiction (or even movies) are also good, as long as you ground them in practical reality.

For me I would start by improving our immune system, to make it more effective in combatting diseases, particularly the most deadly ones. I would at least try to bring it on par with highly evolved viruses like HIV. There are some people who are resistant against the virus so their genes would be a good place to start looking. I would eventually want an immune system capable of fighting against any disease, a highly evolved and effective system. Another good feature would be regenerative body parts. Some animals have the ability to grow back tails, legs, and even their guts after being detached. Humans are such frail little creatures. I would try to make them more robust and flexible so they don't get killed or disabled by the smallest things.

Religion - it gives people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Demigod79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #2
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I'd add gills, too. And make the head capable of turning 180 degrees. Two more arms wouldn't hurt. And I'd try to have us require less sleep. Like an hour a night or something.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
Evil_Mage_Ra

The problem with improving the immune system to fight viruses and bacteria is that the viruses and bacteria would just evolve to something capable of making us sick again!

As for me, I'm mostly happy with our current "design", though I would like for our metabolism to not slow down as much as we age. That way we wouldn't get as fat as quickly, and we'd avoid some of the health problem associated with that.

EDIT: Also, I would make erections a voluntary response, so us guys would no longer "pitch a tent" at inappropriate times. :D
Old 06-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Yes this body needs some improvements, it is extremely poorly designed, so it is simply laughable that a 'perfect designer is responsible!!!....

This is what I would do. Remove all hair except for eyelids. We do not need hair.
Remove the visible floppy outside ear membranes. Enhance and improve the inner ear mechanism. Remove the nose which sticks out and disturbs the linear flow of the body, it is susceptible to damage, replace with a simple slit that slightly protudes having only one large slit, like the one on some cars hoods. We do not need two and protruding from our faces. Improvements in the inner olphatory mechanism will be incredible.

Reduce the size of the mouth. Remove individual teeth and replace with one upper and lower bonny structure as in turtles. No more food getting between teeths. Add and extra finger to the hands, this will help with typing and playing instruments etc. Add a protective colored eyelid ( as sharks and alligators have) to use when driving. Remove the tits on males. The penis will be telescopic and insided the abdomen along the testis who'll have their own cooling apparatus. Nothing will be hunging and flopping around becoming as combersome as in primates,...it'll improve swimming performace reducing drag. The feet will be web as illustrated with no toe nails which are useless ( we do not climb trees anymore). The bone structure remains the same so walking is improved. No little dirt particles get between toes.

The female body is the same as males except that the mamary glands are made into one using the belly button as the mamary conduct with telescopic tit. One never sees mothers breast feeding TWO babies. This is practical for mothers that want to store their milk in bottles for later use. The reproductive system is the same but since it is seldom use for that, it'll be modifid for libidinal appeasement. There'll be buttons under the skin to produce vibrations, tightening the gates, rythmic movement and increase succion. It'd feel like hundred mini slippery fingers are at work down there! So this would be a great improvement and the system can be set in automatic mode so the woman can go to sleep while her partner is getting his libido appeased.
Evolution will eventually do this, but why wait a million years when we as GODS can do it?....Here is a picture my creator brain has made of the new Calpurnpiso human body modifications...:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
Evil_Mage_Ra

Heh, you gave guys a man-gina!

No offense, but that modified female is ugly as hell. I much prefer the two-breast model. One for each hand! Even if it doesn't make much sense biologically, you can chalk it up to sexual selection. (Or take a note from Total Recall and make a three-breasted model!) :D

Something a bit more serious--the floppy ears collect more sound and improve our sensitivity. I wouldn't toss them out. Most of the other modifications are fine (except the one breast). I even like the man-gina, as much as I snicker about it. This way I'd no longer have sweaty balls sticking to my inner thigh, and I wouldn't ruin my shit if I sat down too fast. :)
Old 06-10-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Cal, why have you halved the number of breasts? That's half the fun......gone!???

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
Professor Chaos

I don't know why, but every time I see "telescopic penis" I giggle like a schoolgirl.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #8
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
The Judge wrote
Cal, why have you halved the number of breasts? That's half the fun......gone!???
Well, you have no idea what this one and improved breast can do. It can move and do pleasurable things. The only problem is that for old people used to the old design, the woman would look ugly. For those born into this new world, the excitement and concept of beauty would be very intense when the mono-mama and the smart vagina begun to act during puberty!....for us very, very, very, extremely very old farts, there'll be no substitute. For the old concetp of beauty has already been imprinted....but don't worry, old models still will be around and called Classic-HS ( homo sapiens)..:lol:..specially for those addicted to coitus inter mamas...:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #9
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
Heh, you gave guys a man-gina!

No offense, but that modified female is ugly as hell. I much prefer the two-breast model. One for each hand! Even if it doesn't make much sense biologically, you can chalk it up to sexual selection. (Or take a note from Total Recall and make a three-breasted model!) :D

Something a bit more serious--the floppy ears collect more sound and improve our sensitivity. I wouldn't toss them out. Most of the other modifications are fine (except the one breast). I even like the man-gina, as much as I snicker about it. This way I'd no longer have sweaty balls sticking to my inner thigh, and I wouldn't ruin my shit if I sat down too fast. :)
Well, the ears colelct more sound but they do NOT MOVE!..Alas, I hear a sound..my dog can move his ears as other animals do......but like the mutated primate I'm I have to move the whole head and figure where the sound is comming from!...:lol:..i think ears need improvement even if they have hidden carthilages that fill with blood and move in the direction of the sound when in use.......:lol:..another telescopic item in our bodies besides the penis...:lol:

Old 06-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #10
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
specially for those addicted to coitus inter mamas...:)
Sounds like posh talk for "tit-wank?" :D

Old 06-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #11
Professor Chaos

Ahh, good old titty-fuckin'

It IS true. American profanity sucks ass.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #12
The Judge
Obsessed Member

However, American-glish is the only language where something can both "suck" and "blow" at the same time.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #13
Gathercole

I never understood why God didn't make people with a one-way respiratory system. That's the way the digestive system is, after all. And motors and jet engines. Fresh air goes in one hole, CO2 comes out another. You could make the diaphragm and lungs substantially smaller, and you could make the ribs and chest stronger because they wouldn't have to flex out during an in-drawn breath.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #14
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
MilitantAtheist wrote
Ahh, good old titty-fuckin'

It IS true. American profanity sucks ass.
I think the technical term is "inter-mammary frottage" but I don't know why I know this...:P

Old 06-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #15
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
The Judge wrote
There should be another breast on the back. For slow dancing.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote