Old 03-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #211
Egor

Quote:
Eternal wrote View Post
Well done, that manages not to answer the question at all.
Yes I did, and if you’re not satisfied, don’t waste my time asking them. Oh, but wait, surprise, you want more info…
Quote:
You say hell is for those that know Christ and reject him, like most atheists on here. So are you saying all these people that didn't accept Christ because they didn't know him go to heaven, or is there a third place for them that I am unaware of? You didn't explain this part very well.
They are destroyed. Jesus said:

“But the gate to the kingdom is narrow, and few are those who ever enter it. Wide is the gate that leads to destruction, and many are they who pass through it.” (VGJC 7:31)

Quote:
You also state that the answer to my question about the two men is easy. Is it?
Yes.

Quote:
The one you condemned to hell lead a life which surely conforms much closer to the example set by Jesus in his own life.
So what? He has no faith in Christ. He is not suitable for the next phase of existence. I’m assuming he rejects Christ and so roasts in hell; however, if you want to say he really just doesn’t know about Christ one way or the other, then he is simply destroyed.

Quote:
Also, if this mans efforts are fruitless, then why did Jesus also heal the sick?
Every miracle Jesus did has a symbolic significance in the Gospel. Keep in mind, there are many people he didn’t heal. What about them? And who cares anyway? Our efforts are fruitless unless they are done from the reborn spirit of Christ. You can be as good as you like, you’re still going to fry if you reject Christ. God doesn’t need your good works. He did manage to create the universe, you know?

Quote:
Why would god make us so incapable and unlikely to comprehend what he deems as good or just, are we not in his image? Or was it just foresight so that heaven didn't get too crowded.
I don’t know what you mean.

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
I am curious about something. Let's say it was Sunday morning. You had gotten up early to make some toast, or porridge, or whatever it is you like to treat yourself to in the morning. Suddenly, the electricity spikes. Sparks fly, catch onto something flammable and before you know it there is a fire. It soon starts to build up steam, and you're trying to fight it off. You grab your fire extinguisher, but it malfunctions.

And by this point it's too late, anyway. The fire has really started to spread now. In fact, it's gotten all the way to the bedroom, where your wife was sleeping. You go to get her, but a support beam falls, blocking your way, and trapping her in the inferno.

You have no choice but to run. You dash outside, calling the fire brigade.
"Help me," you beg, "my house is on fire and my wife is trapped inside."
The voice on the other end is understanding, but not very helpful.
"I'm sorry," she says, "But we all are at church. We don't want to risk going to hell by helping you when we should've been worshipping. But don't you worry, god has got this. He doesn't need the police or the firemen".

You can do nothing but stand there and watch as the flames engulf your house, and above the crackling roar of the fire, you think you can hear your wife's tortured screams.

Is that really what you believe?
You’ve lost me completely. But I will say in general, God will take my wife. He may take me before he takes her, or vice versa, but he will separate us by death. When my wife and I got married, I knew this. So, what is your point? We should have never been married? We shouldn’t take care of one another?

Something you can’t understand. It’s a verse that will be completely lost on you, but God seems to want me to quote it anyway (which sucks because it’s extra work…nevertheless). Jesus said it right at the end when he knew he was facing death and all the disciples would desert him:

“These things I have told you so that you may have peace in Me. For in the world you will have trouble, but have courage, for I have overcome the world.” (VGJC 46:22)

An atheist will never have that. If you ask me, you’re in hell already—you just don’t know it.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #212
Egor

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
So then it would be much better for us if we never heard of your god:
Correct.

Quote:
so why are you damning us to hell by preaching at us? What a horrible thing to do! My god would so judge you for knowingly condemning others to hell, and you would so go to hell for that.
You knew about God and Christ before I came along. I’m here to save you. Your life isn’t over yet. I know that because you’re still typing to me—but I’ll bet you’d like a peer reviewed paper on that.

Quote:
I think I get some of it: It's all about giving glory to god forever and ever, and to hell with human beings who don't get this or who don't believe this or who don't want to spend an eternity praising an entity that wants to be praised for all eternity.
That’s not the way it works. When you die, assuming you are one with Christ, you will go on to the next phase of existence where you will have god-like powers of control. Without being in Christ you wouldn’t be able to handle it.

From there, you will progress to another phase of existence where you disappear completely from that which you create, because that is the only way to love that which you have created. This disappearance will draw you even closer to a union with God.

After that phase of existence, I have no idea what happens, but eventually all that you have become is added to God, and he is magnified in his own sight. He is glorified to Himself and you share in that glory as one with God. It’s what Jesus meant when he said he was going to be seated at the right hand of glory.

Alas, water off a duck’s back.

Quote:
I have to wonder why, if all your god wants is eternal praise, it bothered making human beings who would not give it the praise that it craves. It's almost like your god created people so it could send them to hell. Being omniscient and all, you'd think it would have known this would happen.
Human beings, space aliens, whatever. He creates free will beings—and a lot of them—in hopes that some of them will use their free will to give up their free will. He can’t force that issue and still have what he wants. It’s a rock he can’t lift, so to speak.

Quote:
Yup, it's quite clear that your god doesn't give a shit about good works or the evil done by human beings to other human beings, or all of the horrible things that happen to people and animals in general. According to you, all he cares about is that we worship him to the exclusion of everything else, no matter what, and eternally.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but God is the God of the insect kingdom as well. Have you seen how they treat each other?

You’re all pissed off at God because he isn’t making your existence here—which is a very important basic training—more pleasurable. You think you should be treated the way my wife and I treat our dogs (We have no kids, so you can imagine the royal treatment they receive.), even though that would completely fuck you over (This is Raving Atheist, so I’ll take a little bit of liberty in my diction.).

You are completely spoiled. People in the Depression years used to say grace over a damn potato for dinner, and you have the nerve to reject God and Christ.

And what gets me is you don’t think you deserve hell for that. God won’t text you and beg you to acknowledge him so you’re going to flip him off and live your life as you please—a life you had no choice in and have no control over.

You atheists amaze me.

Quote:
Btw by human moral standards your god is quite evil.
I’m sure God is shaking in His boots at that accusation.

Quote:
I say rape and murder are evil, you say they are good if god says so. Clearly, we do not communicate on the same plane, so further correspondence with you is pointless.
Good, then shut up.

Quote:
Why are you here again? Hoping to spread your insane view of the world?
I’ve got a better question, why are you talking with me?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #213
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Jesus Fucking Shitfaced Christ – when will you folk realise you are trying to have a reasoned discussion with a trolling poe, a deluded retarded shitstirring idiot! You’re dragging this place down to the level of the smiley happy-clappy atheist forum – the bland, ‘let’s be reasonable’ and ‘don’t upset them’ blog. Fuck that – call a cunt a cunt.

E-Bore – Fuck Off – you’re a cunt.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #214
Egor

Well, Smelly, just invent some more members and have them call me whatever you want.

You know, atheist or not, most people don't like to show the loss of control you have. It's not about me or whatever they think of me, it's about their own sense of composure.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #215
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Jesus Fucking Shitfaced Christ – when will you folk realise you are trying to have a reasoned discussion with a trolling poe, a deluded retarded shitstirring idiot! You’re dragging this place down to the level of the smiley happy-clappy atheist forum – the bland, ‘let’s be reasonable’ and ‘don’t upset them’ blog. Fuck that – call a cunt a cunt.

E-Bore – Fuck Off – you’re a cunt.
I know, but sometimes I can't help myself. In my defence I would like to say that I have called him several rude words throughout this thread. Besides, quite often his answers to real questions demonstrate his cuntiness far better than I ever could.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #216
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Well, Smelly, just invent some more members and have them call me whatever you want.

You know, atheist or not, most people don't like to show the loss of control you have. It's not about me or whatever they think of me, it's about their own sense of composure.
It's not about a lack of control, it is just about good old fashioned honesty. Something you have displayed a complete lack of.

You are a dishonest and delusional twat, that would struggle to interpret a road sign if it was shoved up you arse side ways.

Oh yeah, and your a cunt. (just for you smelly)

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #217
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
Eternal wrote
When you first started posting here Veridicanism was purely for you and your wife. It has evolved from that to a replacement for the biggest religion in the western world. Can you understand why people on here are worried about either your stability, or your intellectual honesty? Personally I believe you knew all this when you first started posting, but you had an image in your head of how you should present yourself, a big part of this self image was humility. Saying you are going to replace christianity is not humble, so you avoided taking this stance.
Please specifically note the placement of the question mark, then read the words that precede it. This is how you can recognise a question.

Quote:
Egor wrote
It’s not going to replace it in numbers or churches. It’s replacing it theologically. Maybe not today; maybe not tomorrow, but eventually it will.
No you didn't. See above. Again you have either purposely ignored the question or misunderstood it. You continually either show you inability to communicate correctly, or just straight dishonesty, which is it?

By the way, have I mentioned lately that you are a deluded twat.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-07-2012, 02:45 AM   #218
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
ebore- fuck off now there's a good dear

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #219
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

What happened to EGOr's avatar? Does he need a new one?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #220
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #221
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Noah used the anchor to replace the rusty old shitty one from the arc. Also his signature has disappeared. We just need him to follow suit now.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #222
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #223
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #224
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #225
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Normal service resumed!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote