Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #91
Andrew66

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Andy, Do you realise that you are making the fundamental mistake we see all the time from run of the mill theist theorists? That is, you are beginning with a premise and working your way backwards. Science and rational people work in the opposite direction. This is why we scoff at everything you put forward. Basically it's laughable and ill-informed bullshit.
Your full of shit.

The scientific method starts with a hypothesis, or model. Then the work begins to try to prove the hypothesis or model. If you look at what I'm doing I'm just presenting a model (ie. evolution for god or God model) and arguing its theoretical merits, nothing unscientific about that.

I believe what your referring to is what theist history scholars may be guilty of from time to time, starting with a premise (e.g. Jesus is god etc.) and then taking historical evidence and rationalizing it (sometimes incorrectly or unfairly) in a way which suits there arguments.

You are totally misapplying this to what i'm doing.

My God, must I explain everything to these intellectually inferior heathens???
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote