Old 10-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
Nam
New Member!

I'm Nam

I have been some form of an atheist for 23+ years (I am 35). Though I tend to not like to label myself as anything; I usually just state "I lean [______] atheist.

I am currently a member of:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com -- have been a member since 2007 (old forum) 2008 (new forum). It's currently down for maintenance. When it's back up, most my time will be spent there.

http://isgodimaginary.com -- technically been a member since 2009 but I only made 1 post. But have made close to 700 since going back in Sept. of this year but only 'cause I was banned for a month from wwgha.

http://atheistthinktank.net -- was a member from 2008-2010 then I was banned for life. A year later the site shutdown, and it re-opened a month ago and my lifetime ban was discontinued.

There's a reason why I am mentioning these sites. It's not to promote them. It's to tell you a few things:

1. I will only come here when I've exhausted myself at those sites (meaning: when I get bored).

2. To relay to you that though I am an atheist, I tend to argue with other atheists probably more so than theists.

Which could be a product of my being banned from 2 of them but it's not. I am actually very respectful to people as long as they do not say idiotic things. Then, I become what most people consider to be an "asshole".

At ATT, I am the "Resident Asshole". It's my actual title.

Why am I telling you all this? 'Cause I want you to know the type of person I am.

I am argumenative, at times arrogant, stubborn, don't put up with BS, but honest (as you can tell) and treat everyone equal to everyone else.

And, I am not afraid of what people say, or think about me. You can't insult me. I don't see you as friends, and I rarely care about peoples feelings.

If you'd like a guy like me here, I'll be around once in awhile. If not, I would let me know.

Why waste any of our time?

-Nam

I am on the road less traveled...

Creationism is the Hollywood version of Evolution - Nam
Nam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Welcome, have you got a particular gripe against other atheists?

If you have we have already got one of those, except we all suspect him to be a theist and not agnostic as he claims.

And don't worry, if people here think you are full of shit they'll soon let you know.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:12 AM   #3
Michael
Obsessed Member

So you come in here and introduce yourself by telling us how you're only coming here as a last resort and you couldn't really care about what we say or do?

Fine. I'll be over here not giving a shit about you then.

If you happen to stop by and actually do/say something interesting, then by all means welcome. Until then, I guess.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:17 AM   #4
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Well with a "bolshy" intro like that I hope you fist fuck yourself, or at least have a fine time trying. Welcome though, you really are trying too hard in my opinion.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #5
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:26 AM   #6
West491
Obsessed Member

So you're generally a disliked person? Is this something that you take pride in?
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:09 AM   #7
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Seems the charisma bypass was a success.
Wonder is she's on here.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #8
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Fuck, there is some inane drivel on that site, maybe Jerry should check it out.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:36 AM   #9
Nam
New Member!

Kinish Ahau,

The only things I dislike about fellow atheists is that they see no problem with calling theists "delusional", yet at the same time thinking it's uncalled for for a theist to refer to them as such themselves. Meaning: they have evidence they are delusional by what they believe in and have no problem doing so. Which, by all accounts I really wouldn't care if they didn't do it, for the most part, every chance they got. What effect does that really have on the theist?

Example: I love calling people an idiot (I am known for it by the websites I frequent), however, I wait to do it when there's a good reason to; not just because I can. I mean, I think everyone is an idiot (including myself) all the time but I don't go out of my way to use it every single time. It ceases to have an effect. Plus, I have been banned from websites for calling people an idiot. How many people get banned from calling theists delusional? How is it different?

There was a second thing, I can't think of it at the moment (I forget things easily) oh, wait, I remember. I dislike some atheists who find it a necessity to "deconvert theists" by any means necessary and degrade other atheists for not doing the same. It seems there are more atheists like that as of late than not.

Michael,

Pretty much. But at least I am honest about it.

ILOVEJESUS,

It's a bit cold at the moment for "fist-fucking", but perhaps later when it's warmer.

Kate,

Have no idea what your message says; just shows a blank box.

West491,

Actually, though I have assholish qualities I am the "asshole" people tend to like. I am humorous, at times, and even though I will argue with anyone, about anything, people tend to like me. Weird, I know.

I first got the "asshole" label at http://allpoetry.com -- where I probably, as a regular member for 11+ years, have been banned more times than anyone (including a lifetime that was eventually reduced to 1 year to 6 months etc.,) most likely and people, generally, still like me there. Though I am not there as often anymore.

But, to answer your question: yes, I take pride in it. Even all the bans I have received because of it.

Do what you're good at: I am good at pissing people off.

-Nam

Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Hi Nam, good luck trying to get banned here. Much bigger "assholes" than you have tried & failed .

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
Nam
New Member!

dogpet,

I do not seek to be banned. It just seems to happen at almost every website I join. The only 3 websites that I have been a member of between 5-10+ years, and haven't been banned is http://imdb.com (10 years), http://funtrivia.com (9 years) and http://omanforums.com (7-8 years). But I got a warning at imdb once in 2007, I think. I have no idea what for.

-Nam

Old 10-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #12
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Nam wrote View Post
What's that one again?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #13
Humanist

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Took me a minute, but I got it.
Had to flash back to Episode IV.
On another somewhat related note... Disney bought out Lucas Films for $4 billion
Humanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
West491
Obsessed Member

Never met someone who liked assholes, so you lost me there.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #15
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Well you can gain attention from writing wonderful and enchanting points of view. LOl. No one gives a shiny fuck Nam me old crab cake.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote