Old 11-14-2007, 05:06 PM   #31
Rat Bastard

Quote:
CycloneRanger wrote View Post
I'm still here, although I guess I never really left. I posted occasionally for a while but then became so busy with school that I haven't had time to do more than lurk occasionally. I'm sorry about abandoning my blog, though. It was actually the spam message from Jeanette that prompted me to look for my old password and maybe start posting every now and then.

I'm a third-year Aerospace Engineering student at the Georgia Institute of Technology and an atheist. Not sure what else to say, really. I still check the Chooblog every week or so. It's been so long since there's been an update that I'm starting to lose faith, though...
Cool! We need more atheist engineers here. I remember your posts from many moons ago- the "Cyclone Ranger" sounds enough like the Lone Ranger to have a mnemonic effect. I can appreciate how busy you are at this point in your college career. Have you made any efforts at internships yet? I work in aerospace, and we are always looking for good people. Drop me a line.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:28 AM   #32
balder

Sho nuf-the name is after the norse god-was(still am!) a fan of norse mithology-tried to get on mastermind with it some years ago! Watch the irn-brew on the carpets choobus-its impossible to get the stains out(of the irn-bru that is!).
balder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:03 AM   #33
Paperbird

Hello, I've been reading a bit but haven't posted until now.
My name is Cait, I live in Alabama, I really love Douglas Adams, and my current ambition is to write and illustrate a short book (as sort of an experimental first work) that explains how color works and is really interesting and easy to understand for people who wouldn't normally think about it. I want to see scientists as celebrities again and to get to a better, more clearly thinking world. Unsurprisingly, Carl Sagan is my hero.

I'm glad to be here and I'd love to find some people to talk to about this and that, because those are the two most important things in the world.

C
Old 11-15-2007, 03:38 AM   #34
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Welcome to the sane-house, I'm sure you'll have many minute of entertainment here.
Just watch out for the Professors' occasional anti-social habits.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:37 AM   #35
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

B-b-b-b-b-

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 AM   #36
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

B-b-bastard?!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:45 AM   #37
Professor Chaos

I-i

Hu-hu-hu-

Huminahuminahumina

Old 11-15-2007, 06:10 AM   #38
no truer word

you do have an interesting line in pictures,you haven't one of god with a small "g" have you?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:16 AM   #39
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

This is the most current god-image we can muster -

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:21 AM   #40
no truer word

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
I have noticed a veritable storm of members showing up in this forum that registered as far back as 2005, but have not been seen or heard of here in ages. Some of us have also noted a bunch of new members in the past few days.

Even if you registered a long time ago and are just stopping by, please feel free to post something about you in this thread.

re-welcome to our humble forum!
Not been heard of for a while,do a few things to keep the mind active. I got a message from "jeanette".It made me feelas though I should visit. If only to say keep your messages to your self,if you want me to share a collectjve obsurdity.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:23 AM   #41
no truer word

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
This is the most current god-image we can muster -

If you want me to stop throwing the word of man out of the charity shop I work at. I need more proof...
Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 AM   #42
Professor Chaos

What?

Old 11-15-2007, 06:30 AM   #43
no truer word

Quote:
balder wrote View Post
Sho nuf-the name is after the norse god-was(still am!) a fan of norse mithology-tried to get on mastermind with it some years ago! Watch the irn-brew on the carpets choobus-its impossible to get the stains out(of the irn-bru that is!).
My wife asked me one day what a heathen was and how wuold I define one. I said that was sombody who puts salt intheir porridge..
Old 11-15-2007, 06:36 AM   #44
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
no truer word wrote View Post
If you want me to stop throwing the word of man out of the charity shop I work at. I need more proof...
I think you'll find Ggod is 100% Bullsh*t.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:43 AM   #45
no truer word

Quote:
no truer word wrote View Post
ok I will keep throwing them away