Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #1891
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Your nature, since birth, has been one of readily realizing that all of what we have didnt just pop into being uncaused .
Nor do I believe that an invisible, magic white man blinked, breathed, sneezed or farted it all into existence. It would go against my nature to believe that.

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
We each have an intrinsic knowledge that A Personal Creator exists.
I do not possess this knowledge you are claiming. Hence, it is not intrinsic to me. I don't know what "A Personal Creator" is supposed to be and, try as I might, I barely have a clue as to what you think it is supposed to be.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #1892
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
It isn't, the mods move his crap to a designated thread.

Mods, maybe a warning needs to be issued to Ex-Thinker, so he doesn't let his diarrhea run all over the forum.
Issuing a warning would assume that the fucking idiot can read, understand and obey instructions - obviously a waste of time!
The preferred solution would be ban the twat, but the free-speechers go haywire **cough** Studge *cough** - and as there's no hope of you lot just ignoring him, we'll just have to do an occasional sweep up to keep the splattered threads clean.

We can't divulge personal information, but I have tried to warn the assembled masses that this fool is a well known internet troll, banned from every other forum he signs up to. He is punishment for our 'minimised banning' unwritten policy.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #1893
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
This is my contrary opinion to Pascal's Wager which is a flawed piece of so called reasoning anyway. It is also my response to the smug and patronising certainty by christians that they are going to heaven and atheists are headed for hell. My opinion is underpinned by two facts which I contend are verifiable by observation and experience. And for the purpose of my little flight of fancy I am assuming that the christian god exists.

Fact 1 is that the human mind, in its capacity for reason and imagination, is god's greatest treasure which he has gifted, via evolution, to humanity.

Fact 2 is that the contents of the bible are contradictory, nonsensical, beyond the acceptance of anyone with common sense, never mind reason, and paint a picture of a cruel, tyrannical god with an insatiable appetite for flattery. Allied to fact 2 is that god has allowed priests, who claim to be speaking for him,to unload on to their flocks what they selectively choose to take, with personal interpretations, fromt the contents of the bible.

What god has done is set a test for humanity and the test, with a very low standard for a pass, is to exercise the greatest gift he has given to humanity: the ability to reason. Those who believe the nonsense of the bible and who listen to ranting priests, often guilty of the most vicious behaviour themselves, must fail. Those who reject the superstitious nonsense and exercise their reason will pass.

So by rejecting reason, by spurning god's most precious gift, by failing such an easy test the theists go to hell. By exercising a modicum of reason, and having the courage to say why, the atheists go to heaven.
All of your points listed are misconceptions, repeated atheist myths, and does not coincide with the bible which you are attempting to use as a standard to defame. If you take the time to read thru these pop-atheist myths , then you can come to understand the real truth : http://www.godandscience.org/apologe...sts_myths.html
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #1894
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
All of your points listed are misconceptions, repeated atheist myths, and does not coincide with the bible which you are attempting to use as a standard to defame.
Says the guy who constantly misrepresents atheists, despite repeated attempts to correct him.

Self-awareness is a quality you lack, my little troll.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #1895
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Living for Christ is very hard. You have to be able to look in the mirror and say, "I'm not a very good person." You then have to have the courage to tell others you believe in Christ when the whole world seems to wish the name, itself, would just go away.

Some say Christians only believe because they're afraid of nonexistence upon death. I don't believe that. I have no problem dying and going into oblivion. I've seen a lot of people die, and they didn't seem to care either. At the point of death all you want is for this life to end and to rest.

I actually prefer the idea of not existing when I die. And in fact, if we go to live in the Kingdom of God, we will not be the same person we were on earth, so we do, in a sense, cease to exist upon death. It's not that I fear death; I fear remaining as I am for eternity.

What's easy is to be an atheist. As an atheist, especially when you first give into it, you lose all the pressure to be anything in this life. You don't have to worry about fulfilling a purpose. There are no existential crises anymore. And the weight of any morality other than your own is lifted right off your shoulders. The freedom is terrific. You can look around at all the people trying to become something and know that none of that matters. The President is the same as the immigrant leaf blower. As an atheist you get to be 100% selfish because loving your neighbor is something you can choose to do only if you want to do it. And as an atheist, you get relief from one of my greatest fears--Judgment Day. You never have to be sorry for anything--ever.

You think following Christ is a dodge. My friend, you don't know how wrong you are. Nevertheless, the love of God and my love for Jesus Christ motivate me to continue.
Couple thoughts...

1. You dont have to worry about going into oblivion after you die physically, for, we will all continue to experience consciousness in a certain location . CHrist said it, proved it with his ressurection, and theres been many millions whove physically died as in flatlined...and who have returned to tell us there is consciousness afterward . If you die IN Christ, your eternity is safe and physical death should be welcomed .

2. Have you become Born Again in Christ like he said One must be in order to have a great eternity with God forever ? Have you taken the required steps ?

3. True, atheism is all about self centered living and satisfication, and oftentimes after a person has lived this way for many years they start to see that . Othertimes it becomes a llifelong addiction to Self interests. Allowing God to work in ones mind and personality results in a changed being that can be useful for God thru serving him and others. You start to walk in the same drumbeat of God...to see others experience their ultimate reason for being alive which is to thoroughly know the Creator on a personal basis and enjoying life .
Old 01-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #1896
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
So, you're not going to take me seriously?

Fine.

I hope you understand that that is a two-way street.
I only travel on two way streets.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #1897
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Nor do I believe that an invisible, magic white man blinked, breathed, sneezed or farted it all into existence. It would go against my nature to believe that.

I do not possess this knowledge you are claiming. Hence, it is not intrinsic to me. I don't know what "A Personal Creator" is supposed to be and, try as I might, I barely have a clue as to what you think it is supposed to be.
How is what you said in paragraph one different from believing the atheistic worldview of NOTHING (invisible entity) produced everything from nothing by nothing (breathed, sneezed, or willy nilly) ? That too would go against your nature wouldnt it ????

Did you ask your Parents when you were very young WHO,HOW,WHY,WHERE pertaining to the creation around you ? If you did, there had to be something IN you that made it come out into questions .

Do you know what a ' Personal Creator' is when it comes to a Painting on a wall ? Please explain what you can rationally deduce about the Personal Creator (Painter, Originator, Cause) from looking at his painting of a house in a meadow with a stream running thru it. List 3 or 4 of them please.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #1898
psychodiva
I Live Here

how do you know anything about anyone's nature 'since birth' ? seriously- how do you know this?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #1899
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
Before you go ex-tosser

I feel I must commend you on your intellectual brevity and your self delusional ability to completely miss the whole fucking point. Well done, top job, you hopelessly sad gusset sniffing bag of shite.

It is however sad to know that a member of my own species could be of such low standard, a shart-stained crotch pheasant, obtuse and witless in the extreme. I see no development or improvement of the species with you as an example.

You are a fucking embarrassment, a cunt shaped sore on the face of humanity. At this stage in our development we should be out exploring the stars, travelling the universe on a constant voyage of discovery. Or looking inward, ever searching for that which could make us better.

Yet, we have you and the fellowship of the imaginary goat felching camel fucker, who wish to shackle us to the banal and mediocre, mired down in the thick sludge of ignorance and ancient superstitions.

All for the lack of the simple expedient of rational thought.

You will go through your bitter fucking life without contributing one iota of betterment to anyone else. You contribute nothing ! You are genetically redundant.

So I would deem it a favour if you could take your sad little deluded life with its magical thinking and just fuck the fuck off.

If you have any doubts as to how to fuck off…………..directions are available.
Thanks for the kind words, and....how cold does it get in upper Scotland ?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #1900
Ex Atheist

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
how do you know anything about anyone's nature 'since birth' ? seriously- how do you know this?
There are a variety of truth sources for the specific matter of young children inquiring of their Parents vis-a-vis Creation around them :

1. The observed commonality of all such children by Parents who then share this child/Parent experience with others.

2 . The independent studies formulated by Psychologists which should be available online for your perusal.

3. The awareness of us all and ability to process external stimuli as complex designs when we see it , or touch it.

4. The commonsense awareness that physical things arent popping into and out of existence in front of us , which would quasi-confirm an uncaused agent.

5. The inherent ability to know that since WE didnt pop into existence uncaused , that niether can any other physical entity.

6. The Soul in us all which is energized and quickened toward the knowledge of God because he instilled that in every human being . He did that by making us spiritual beings for a personal spiritual relationship with him , and, thru the things which he made that can be seen, tested, and observed. The greater the complexity of a structure, the greater the need for intelligence and a Will for it to be as it is.

7. You yourself have had all or most of these experiences listed above , so you as a typical human being among 7 billion can attest to its validity.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #1901
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Youve had the evidence ever since you asked your Parents about Creation when you were between 4-7 years old. You knew, instrincially at that age, that things dont just pop into being uncaused, without a shred of purpose, otherwise you would have never asked 'Why..., How Did..., Who did...., What is it here for' . You would have just already known that it just happened because things pop into existence all the time , and especially those things with great intriquite complexity. Im afraid you need a different resolution....perhaps wanting to put an end to the biggest mistake youre making of all time.
Definitions of these bolded words please- are they even English? Also- if you are going to continue to write here could you please sort out your apostrophes?

Old 01-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #1902
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Toiletpaper

Quote:
Allowing God to work in ones mind and personality results in a changed being that can be useful for God thru serving him and others. You start to walk in the same drumbeat of God...to see others experience their ultimate reason for being alive which is to thoroughly know the Creator on a personal basis and enjoying life .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #1903
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Sorry but i dont do womens underwear, therefore, that assertion is a fraud. The atheistic worldview wanting Nothing to produce everything from nothing by nothing ... is the common mantra so yes the reply to that is going to be consistent : That it is a desperate fallacous concept that even atheists dont truly believe .
Definition please- also apostrophes again please

Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #1904
Ex Atheist

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
Definitions of these bolded words please- are they even English? Also- if you are going to continue to write here could you please sort out your apostrophes?
http://dictionary.reference.com/
Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #1905
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
There are a variety of truth sources for the specific matter of young children inquiring of their Parents vis-a-vis Creation around them :

1. The observed commonality of all such children by Parents who then share this child/Parent experience with others.

2 . The independent studies formulated by Psychologists which should be available online for your perusal.

3. The awareness of us all and ability to process external stimuli as complex designs when we see it , or touch it.

4. The commonsense awareness that physical things arent popping into and out of existence in front of us , which would quasi-confirm an uncaused agent.

5. The inherent ability to know that since WE didnt pop into existence uncaused , that niether can any other physical entity.

6. The Soul in us all which is energized and quickened toward the knowledge of God because he instilled that in every human being . He did that by making us spiritual beings for a personal spiritual relationship with him , and, thru the things which he made that can be seen, tested, and observed. The greater the complexity of a structure, the greater the need for intelligence and a Will for it to be as it is.

7. You yourself have had all or most of these experiences listed above , so you as a typical human being among 7 billion can attest to its validity.
Fine- you may have surmised- but then you are stupid so I cannot assume so- anyhoo- you may have noticed that I do psychology for a living- specifically psychology with children- please tell me the references for all these sweeping assertions and assumptions of yours so that I may check them out. Thank you.