Old 11-14-2022, 10:16 PM   #16
DyingStrong

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I was keen to leave a sympathetic scathing review of Andrew's bullshit - but B&N insisted I disable my ad-blocker. They can both fuck off.
LOL,

Live and Let Die
DyingStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 10:29 PM   #17
DyingStrong

[quote]
Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
The book is for Atheists and Agnostcs who require some kind of valid reason to take stock in a God, god or Ggod. A "valid reason" does not have to arise to a very high bar of proof.
Your book is not for atheists. I am an atheist and I read from Diagoras to Richard Dawkins. I am not interested in reading a "book for atheists" written by a theist. For many reasons.

Live and Let Die
Old 11-14-2022, 10:33 PM   #18
DyingStrong

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Hi Smellyoldgit, nice to see you still alive and kicking!
Smelly IS alive and kicks hard at the ones he doesn't like

Live and Let Die
Old 11-15-2022, 05:10 PM   #19
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
DyingStrong wrote View Post
I read from Diagoras to Richard Dawkins. I am not interested in reading a "book for atheists" written by a theist. For many reasons.
I like Dawkins too. The God Delusion I have an entire chapter(Rounds I call them - Round 6) devoted to him (I put Dawkins picture in the book too!) The Chapter is entitled ,"Why the concept of a Traditionally Theistic God is deluded thinking!"

My book is not like the traditional illogical BS you get from most Theists.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 09:00 PM   #20
DyingStrong

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
-------is not like the traditional illogical BS you get from most Theists.
Oh Andrew, please, please, all theists spew illogical bullshit

Live and Let Die
Old 11-18-2022, 09:19 PM   #21
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

The book essentially refutes the arguments of William Lane Craig and most modern day theologians as illogical.

Craig says that our Universe began to exist (he relies heavily on the Board Guth Vilenkin Theorm), and since everything that begins to exist has a cause, something "extra-physical" must have caused it, aka God.

This is illogical.

If one new of the mechanism that such "extra-physical" entity caused physical reality to come into existence, the "extra-physical" would just be renamed and classified as a new form of entirely natural physics.

My book looks at infinity, along with mathematics (probabilities) to discuss whether a maximally supreme being exists. The limits of such supreme being (the greatest being infinity can muster) may be left up to ones own wonderment and imagination.
Old 11-19-2022, 11:51 AM   #22
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Mbombo - The Puker of the Universe

The story of Mbombo's creation tells that in the beginning, Mbombo was alone, darkness and primordial water covered all the earth. It would happen that Mbombo came to feel an intense pain in his stomach, and then Mbombo vomited the sun, the moon, and stars. The heat and light from the sun evaporated the water covering the earth, creating clouds, and after time, the dry hills emerged from the water. Then Mbombo vomited once more, bringing forth nine animals: the leopard, called Koy Bumba; the eagle, Ponga Bumba; the crocodile, Ganda Bumba; the fish, Yo Bumba; the tortoise, Kono Bumba; a black leopard-like animal, Tsetse Bumba; a white heron, Nyanyi Bumba; a scarab; and a goat named Budi. Mbombo also vomited many men; one of them was called Loko Yima and was white like Mbombo.

These nine animals went on to create all the world's creatures. The heron created all flying birds but one, the kite, and the crocodile created snakes and the iguana. The goat, Budi, brought forth all the horned animals, the scarab all insects, and Yo Bumba, all fish.

Three of Mbombo's sons then said they would finish creating the world. The first to try, Nyonye Ngana, vomited white ants, but died after. To honor him, the ants went deep in the earth for dark soil to bury him and transformed the barren sands at the earth's surface. The second, Chonganda, created the first plant, which in turn gave rise to all trees, grasses and flowers. And Chedi Bumba, the third son, made the last bird, the kite.

Tsetse Bumba caused trouble on the earth so Mbombo chased her into the sky where she became the thunderbolt. This left people without fire, so Mbombo showed them how to make it from trees. Once the creation was complete and peaceful, Mbombo delivered it to mankind and retreated into the heavens, leaving Loko Yima to serve as "god upon the earth". The woman of the waters, Nchienge, lived in the East, and her son, Woto, became the first king of the Kuba.

(wiki)

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 05:22 PM   #23
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Hi Smelly
U forgot to quote the author of that magnificent tale!
I see your point, to show how crazy religious beliefs are.
Many are
To believe sprinkling water on one's head somehow saves you.
To believe you are actually eating part of someones body and drinking their blood during communion.
But the general broad assertion of a maximally supreme being who governs the cosmos - existing as a matter of inescapable probability under the backdrop of an infinite multiverse (in fact many layers of infinity likely exist), is much different.
Again my book discusses all this, is at https:godbornfrominfinity.com
Old 11-20-2022, 12:28 AM   #24
DyingStrong

Quote:
Mbombo - The Puker of the Universe

The story of Mbombo's creation tells that in the beginning, Mbombo was alone, darkness and primordial water covered all the earth. It would happen that Mbombo came to feel an intense pain in his stomach, and then Mbombo vomited the sun, the moon, and stars. The heat and light from the sun evaporated the water covering the earth, creating clouds, and after time, the dry hills emerged from the water. Then Mbombo vomited once more, bringing forth nine animals: the leopard, called Koy Bumba; the eagle, Ponga Bumba; the crocodile, Ganda Bumba; the fish, Yo Bumba; the tortoise, Kono Bumba; a black leopard-like animal, Tsetse Bumba; a white heron, Nyanyi Bumba; a scarab; and a goat named Budi. Mbombo also vomited many men; one of them was called Loko Yima and was white like Mbombo.

These nine animals went on to create all the world's creatures. The heron created all flying birds but one, the kite, and the crocodile created snakes and the iguana. The goat, Budi, brought forth all the horned animals, the scarab all insects, and Yo Bumba, all fish.

Three of Mbombo's sons then said they would finish creating the world. The first to try, Nyonye Ngana, vomited white ants, but died after. To honor him, the ants went deep in the earth for dark soil to bury him and transformed the barren sands at the earth's surface. The second, Chonganda, created the first plant, which in turn gave rise to all trees, grasses and flowers. And Chedi Bumba, the third son, made the last bird, the kite.

Tsetse Bumba caused trouble on the earth so Mbombo chased her into the sky where she became the thunderbolt. This left people without fire, so Mbombo showed them how to make it from trees. Once the creation was complete and peaceful, Mbombo delivered it to mankind and retreated into the heavens, leaving Loko Yima to serve as "god upon the earth". The woman of the waters, Nchienge, lived in the East, and her son, Woto, became the first king of the Kuba.

(wiki)
If I ever become a friggin' believer in a god, I will choose Bumba. Love the name B U M B A yeah, love the sound of it! HEY, but isn´t tsetse a fly that gives that kind of sleepy sickness?

And just to show you, Smellyoldgit how good I am doing wiki, here it is my link: (wiki) Just like those religious idiots think that they can come up new all the time citing their friggin' bible. Give me a break (wiki)

Live and Let Die
Old 11-20-2022, 12:35 AM   #25
DyingStrong

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Hi Smelly
U forgot to quote the author of that magnificent tale!
I see your point, to show how crazy religious beliefs are.
Many are
To believe sprinkling water on one's head somehow saves you.
To believe you are actually eating part of someones body and drinking their blood during communion.
But the general broad assertion of a maximally supreme being who governs the cosmos - existing as a matter of inescapable probability under the backdrop of an infinite multiverse (in fact many layers of infinity likely exist), is much different.
Again my book discusses all this, is at https:godbornfrominfinity.com
You and your book, Andrew.

Andrew66, you have the bible, we have Da Wiki. How 'bout it?

Jeezuz, Andrew. Writing a book doesn´t make you an expert on the topic. And what I highlighted is a great example of it. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? What probability are you talking about, a matter of....whatever? seriously? First of all, YOU have to prove that god exists, then the rest. Period.

Live and Let Die
Old 11-20-2022, 03:43 PM   #26
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Andrew fails to grasp that evolution within his conjectured infinite multiverses, may not only develop into his hoped-for jayzus branch of stupidity - but also allows for Mr Mbumbo to be the one true answer to life's greatest questions.
.... and it doesn't rule out the possibility of Galactic Star Shitting Penguins ruling the roost!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-20-2022, 04:14 PM   #27
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Yuck

Quote:
Andrew fails to grasp that evolution within his conjectured infinite multiverses, may not only develop into his hoped-for jayzus branch of stupidity - but also allows for Mr Mbumbo to be the one true answer to life's greatest questions.
.... and it doesn't rule out the possibility of Galactic Star Shitting Penguins ruling the roost!
Hi Smelly
No I do see that...
At least you are paying attention.
In an infinitely old and large universe, with infinite stuff - "all things which could potentially exist" (e.g. "4 headed cows, often mentioned by Dr. Alan Guth) would exist...
So a spaghetti monster would exist somewhere in an infinite cosmos too. Very bazaar unlikely scenario's, as long as they are "possible" would manifest given a physical reality which is infinite. This is discussed sometimes by the experts.
But as my book goes into... one of those bazaar happenings would be a maximally powerful and supreme being. Then, such being - if it met a threshold of power to actually control the Multiverse, could have "made order" of it - eliminating silly things like spaghetti monsters and 4 headed cows etc. - hence seeing the relatively boring and "normal" Universe we live in today.
This latter point, the point of making order, is what you are missing Smelley.
Again its all in my book.
If it makes you feel better - my book has literally no sales (LOL) - for those who wish to try writing a book - it is very very very difficult to make money that way.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:49 PM   #28
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

You've been through all the same bullshit on this forum many times.
I've no wish to try and reason with such selective shit again.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-22-2022, 08:45 PM   #29
DyingStrong

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
So a spaghetti monster would exist somewhere in an infinite cosmos too.
Come on, Andrew. We, atheists, believe in the Spaghetti Monster and you will not tell us otherwise!

Live and Let Die

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 11-25-2022 at 05:38 AM. Reason: fixed tags
Old 11-22-2022, 08:50 PM   #30
DyingStrong

Quote:
You've been through all the same bullshit on this forum many times.
I've no wish to try and reason with such selective shit again.

Live and Let Die