Old 06-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #31
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

The faith healers who claim they can cure cancer

These fuckers really could induce me to do harm to testicles and clitori - yes, they are that bad.

Quote:
The group of healers, collectively known as ThetaHealing, claim that their technique - which focuses on thought and prayer - can teach people to use their natural intuition and "brain wave cycle" to "create instantaneous physical and emotional healing."

ThetaHealing have about 600 practitioners in the UK who charge up to £100 per session.
They are the lowest scumbags of the low.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #32
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Absolute arseholes. Praying on the vulnerability and hope of the sick is, well, sick. With a bit of luck the lady behind it will have a reoccurrence of her alleged cancer that she cured, I bet the mother fucker won't cure it when it's real, let's see how she runs to medical science with the money she has conned from the ill. Bitch.
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #33
psychodiva
I Live Here

I definitely don't get paid enough

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:43 AM   #34
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Thetas were on tv last night being exposed. Claims of curing cancer and AIDS etc. If you get the chance watch Derren Brown staging faith healing in the USA with a complete stooge. Sad how the desperate are preyed on so and also prayed on.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #35
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Something I stumbled upon. A site from UTexas debunking a shitload of shit/pseudo-science

https://webspace.utexas.edu/cokerwr/...creation.shtml

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #36
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

We've known for years that our you-kay 'royals' (whatever that means) are a bunch of privileged tossers - but Prince Charlie is now officially recognised as a purveyor of oil-de-cobra.
Quote:
Britain's leading alternative medicine researcher has reignited a public row with Clarence House by branding the Prince of Wales a "snake oil salesman".
I reckon Charlie pushes the Duchy herbals detox tincture purely because it's anally administered.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #37
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
We've known for years that our you-kay 'royals' (whatever that means) are a bunch of privileged tossers - but Prince Charlie is now officially recognised as a purveyor of oil-de-cobra.

I reckon Charlie pushes the Duchy herbals detox tincture purely because it's anally administered.

I saw that! I wish he had a more entertaining version of insanity. I want a Royal that buys the Royal Guards a virtual battlefield and starts training them in earnest.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #38
DyingStrong

This is shit science, for real!
These idiots, undergraduate students of the Babson College, were conducting a "study" at a Boston-area liquor store, lol. No, but that is not all. They "concluded" that Chinese chocolate is better than Swiss chocolate. Give me a friggin' break!
DyingStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #39
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

I don't really see that as shit science DyingStrong, it's an example of confirmation bias. There are tons of studies shown that when people are told that something is expensive or an example of something considered high quality, they will show a bias towards it.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #40
psychodiva
I Live Here

Have to agree with Rhino there - looks ok to me

Old 08-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #41
DyingStrong

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote View Post
I don't really see that as shit science DyingStrong, it's an example of confirmation bias. There are tons of studies shown that when people are told that something is expensive or an example of something considered high quality, they will show a bias towards it.
It is like you said: There are tons of studies...

OK, but why is it considered a scientific study? It is a simple study, NOT a scientific study, in my opinion.

Plese, could you explain to me, if you have time, what makes this study 'scientific'?

I would admit I am wrong and change my point of view if I am explained why I am wrong. But the explanation has to be logical and scientific.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #42
DyingStrong

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
Have to agree with Rhino there - looks ok to me
Nice talking to you again, psychodiva

I´m just curious why would you consider this study to be an OK scientific study.

Am I a scientist just because I go to a shitty liquor store with a pair of cookies, a Mexican one and an American one to conduct a blind study to find out from the store clients which one is more tasty?!

Even my mason worker who finished only 6th grade could do that "scientific" study if I instructed him how to do it.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:09 AM   #43
psychodiva
I Live Here

exactly- yet some people are still unable to do scientific studies even after instruction- no its not the best study in the world, nor is it the most useful nor is it even interesting- and yes it has many flaws- but it is still science- they are studying something real in the correct (well almost) way and going with the results- they are not putting their own agenda on the results, nor are they 'reworking' the results to suit their beliefs. If these people had gone to the store saying to themselves 'we KNOW this cookie is better than the other so it doesn't matter what the results show we will present them in such a way that our view is supported' then that would be shit science

Old 08-24-2011, 02:14 AM   #44
psychodiva
I Live Here

basic scientific method is basic scientific method - even if a study is not worth the paper it is printed on it is still scientific if it follows the method - that study would probably be very useful to some people - for example those studying confirmation bias- and I would consider it a very useful first step on the road to bigger studies for a group of high school / secondary school students (cannot remember who actually did it)

so- as i said- the method is what is important- not whether you or I or anyone else thinks it is worth it or too basic or anything else

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/scienc...c_method.shtml

Old 08-24-2011, 04:32 AM   #45
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I've just been watching a show on TV where they are saying more Psychologists and Neurologists are working on marketing and advertising than in the health sector........Interesting if true.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote