Old 01-04-2015, 10:02 AM   #121
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
The Buddhists and certain Hindu sects have believed, for thousands of years, that reality is an illusion. Only recently, science has caught up with this belief, with the notion that this is all a simulation. One scientist has proposed a way to examine the question. He discusses the number of simulations we humans have produced. For that he uses video games as well as the standard medical and astronomical (etc.) models. He notes that simulations outnumber reality by an overwhelming margin.

Then he asks "what if what we are in is an elaborate simulation"? One can only wonder how a civilization, a mere one thousand years more advanced than we are, could create simulations so vast in number, and so elaborate and complete. The odds are, therefore, the scientist says, what we are in is not reality, but is a simulation.

Does that mean ALL the science of humanity is rigged and contrived?

Does that mean that God is a nerdy, nearsighted extraterrestrial?

Scientists think these are serious questions. But I believe there is a forum award for the poster who first brings up sperm and snot.
Seen your psychiatrist lately?

Quote:
Individuals experiencing solipsism syndrome feel that the world is not 'real' in the sense of being external to their own minds. The syndrome is characterized by feelings of loneliness, detachment and indifference to the outside world. Solipsism syndrome is not currently recognized as a psychiatric disorder by the American Psychiatric Association, though it shares similarities with depersonalization disorder, which is recognized. Solipsism syndrome is distinct from solipsism, which is not a psychological state but rather a philosophical position, namely that nothing exists or can be known to exist outside of one's own mind; advocates of this philosophy do not necessarily suffer from solipsism syndrome, and sufferers do not necessarily subscribe to solipsism as a school of intellectual thought.

- Wikipedia

Quote:
Periods of extended isolation may predispose people to solipsism syndrome.
Are you incarcerated?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:33 AM   #122
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Atheists like the fellows here, including you, remind me of the homeless people I occasionally see in Los Angeles. They stand there and make speeches to the passing cars. Pedestrians waiting to cross often have to, for a moment, listen to their gibberish and, if the wind is wrong, to smell the unfortunate fellows.

I am sure when we pedestrians hurry on to our destinations, and away from these odorous fools, they think of us as evading their important messages.
You're still avoiding Francis. What's the matter? Is your position too weak to defend? Do you know that you're wrong? Why don't you just act like an adult and stop avoiding? I assume that it is because you are weak.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Last edited by Davin; 01-05-2015 at 06:54 AM.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:46 AM   #123
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Reality versus Simulation football game.

First half

Reality 1 Simulation 0
Goal scored by Reality in the 8th minute.

Second half

Reality 1 Simulation 4
Goal scored by Ping Pong 46th minute
Goal scored by Space Invaders 53rd minute
Goal scored by Frogger 60th minute
Goal scored by Pac Man (sub)76th minute

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #124
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Francis has been pwned on every thread he has opened here lately. I wasn't around when he used to post, did he have a better conversion rate back then and some horrible degenerative brain disease has caught up with him? Or was he always this fallacious and dishonest? Just curious.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #125
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Francis is the original Shitlord - earned through being one of the most idiotic, shifty, dishonest, goalpost moving, irritating wanker we'd ever had in these parts. See if you can find some of the ducking & diving he did when Anthony J Fuchs schooled his arse every time they engaged. It makes my piles itch just thinking about it.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:15 PM   #126
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Thanks, I'll do that sometime later. I know I should feel sorry for him but he is providing enough laughs in the present to keep me going.For a while.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #127
psychodiva
I Live Here

I will just state my unending and well-known hatred of people equating religious belief with mental illness- it is not and never will be a mental illness!!!!!!

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #128
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Francis has been pwned on every thread he has opened here lately. I wasn't around when he used to post, did he have a better conversion rate back then and some horrible degenerative brain disease has caught up with him? Or was he always this fallacious and dishonest? Just curious.
He was always the vile little liar that he is now. Anthony J Fuchs and Sternwallow both took him to the spanking shed time and again. I am not sure he has ever made a valid point on our forum. One would think even a talking donkey would sing on key once in a while.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #129
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
I will just state my unending and well-known hatred of people equating religious belief with mental illness- it is not and never will be a mental illness!!!!!!
The face of sanity.....

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 01-08-2015, 11:07 AM   #130
psychodiva
I Live Here

yup- still not mental illness

Old 01-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #131
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
yup- still not mental illness
Right, looks like perfect normalcy!

Old 01-08-2015, 11:56 AM   #132
Davin
Obsessed Member

Though, psychodiva has already covered it more than a few times, I'll just go back and read those.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:22 AM   #133
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post

Right, looks like perfect normalcy!
Just because somebody acts angry and out of control does not mean it is due to mental illness-just because you think it looks like mental illness does not make it mental illness. As Davin says- please see previous comments and arguments by me - don't give them the excuse of mental illness- and don't disparage those who actually are mentally ill by lumping them in with these idiots.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #134
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Just because somebody acts angry and out of control does not mean it is due to mental illness-just because you think it looks like mental illness does not make it mental illness. As Davin says- please see previous comments and arguments by me - don't give them the excuse of mental illness- and don't disparage those who actually are mentally ill by lumping them in with these idiots.

The daily slaughter goes on, and it's not the Baptists and Anglicans doing it!
Personally, I think those who

Execute their own child for falling in love
Think that chopping off hands, hanging/beheading/buurning alive people is great public entertainment
Use young children for suicide bombers
Kill girls or throw acid in their faces for attending school
Murder people for writing books or satire
Force women to live in a tent with a slit to look through
Execute people for leaving their religion

And a litany of other holy horrors.
Normal? No. Mental? - definitely.
I regard them as sub human monsters who should be "cleansed" from the gene pool.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:01 AM   #135
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
In hind sight I look back and think how could I have been so blind? I laughed at people acting like dogs and pretending to urinate on the columns of the TACF building. I watched people pretend to be animals, bark, roar, cluck, pretend to fly as if they had wings, perpetually act drunk and sing silly songs. How I thought that any of this was from the Holy Spirit of God amazes me today.
http://www.theapologeticresponse.org...astor-repents/