Old 01-10-2018, 08:04 AM   #16
Davin
Obsessed Member

You may have issues with the Chuch. So, do I. You may have a rational mind, but there's more to things than what you THINK is rational. You may hope to live forever as a spirit after you die--maybe you will if you want to, but don't be a moron. Don't murder your intellect by claiming there is a God

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #17
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You may have issues with the Chuch. So, do I. You may have a rational mind, but there's more to things than what you THINK is rational. You may hope to cease to exist when you die--maybe you will if you want to, but don't be a moron. Don't murder your intellect by claiming there is no God.
Well put.

Even Matt Dillahunty, (Atheist who debates theists) says it is "improper" for Atheists to state definitively "there is no God". Matt prefers Atheists say "I am not convinced there is a God".

That moves the needle a bit in favor of the possibility of a God.

Where there is a possibility, then there is hope!

I've argued in another thread that hope is a bare minimal level of belief (this was also endorsed by the Judge - one of the more reasonable and intellectual Atheists on this site).

There is no debate here, your statement is simpley correct Egor!

Wow the Atheists here really seem to respect you to. I bow to your greatness!
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #18
Egor

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
You may have issues with the Chuch. So, do I. You may have a rational mind, but there's more to things than what you THINK is rational. You may hope to live forever as a spirit after you die--maybe you will if you want to, but don't be a moron. Don't murder your intellect by claiming there is a God
See? There's only a tiny bit of difference between. Just a word. Ha!

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #19
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
As usual Davin you are wrong.

You are attacking a Straw man position.

Egor did not state "there is a God" he stated "Don't murder your intellect by claiming there is no God"

Surely you see the difference.

I know you are a very smart dude, so respectfully your up to your old tricks of lies and deceit.

Egor 1 Davin 0
Old 01-10-2018, 09:26 AM   #20
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

So Andy, when can we expect you to be joining the Veridican Church choir?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #21
Egor

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Well put.

Even Matt Dillahunty, (Atheist who debates theists) says it is "improper" for Atheists to state definitively "there is no God". Matt prefers Atheists say "I am not convinced there is a God".

I've argued in another thread that hope is a bare minimal level of belief (this was also endorsed by the Judge - one of the more reasonable and intellectual Atheists on this site).

Indeed. Even I bow to my own greatness at times.

That said, I'd rather atheists didn't believe in just God. God, as the Substance, or even as the Divine Mind, is philosophically logical, but is not what saves us. We can't even understand that God in any way that would facilitate a relationship. I honestly believe that God must be seen through the WORD. And by that, I don't mean the bible, per se, but rather the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

I've met Christians who are worse off than atheists. They think their darkness is light. They attend church, they do the sacraments, they follow the rules, and they have no inkling in their mind at all of what Jesus really means, or what the voice of the Holy Spirit sounds like. They are dead without hope because they mistakenly think they're alive.

Atheists think they are philosophical zombies. All you have to do is convince them that they're not and they immediately convert. Usually with great fervor.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #22
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

When are we going to get some true christians here instead of a bunch of heretics?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #23
Egor

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
So Andy, when can we expect you to be joining the Veridican Church choir?
He can't. There is no provision for one to be a Veridican while I am still alive. It won't work. It's my own kingdom right now. I am not a preacher, I am not a leader, I am not a shepherd. I am a Gospel writer, that's it. Besides, there's not really any difference now between a Veridican and a regular Protestant Christian, save for what is considered the canon of scripture.

Debating (and defeating) atheists is sport. Like throwing beer cans at a retard during a drunken party to make him to dance.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #24
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

You are not very good at sport are you?

Old 01-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #25
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
He can't. There is no provision for one to be a Veridican while I am still alive. It won't work. It's my own kingdom right now. I am not a preacher, I am not a leader, I am not a shepherd. I am a Gospel writer, that's it. Besides, there's not really any difference now between a Veridican and a regular Protestant Christian, save for what is considered the canon of scripture.

Debating (and defeating) atheists is sport. Like throwing beer cans at a retard during a drunken party to make him to dance.
He dresses to thrill
He dances to impress
He invents conundrums
He drinks to excess.
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #26
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Indeed. Even I bow to my own greatness at times.

That said, I'd rather atheists didn't believe in just God. God, as the Substance, or even as the Divine Mind, is philosophically logical, but is not what saves us. We can't even understand that God in any way that would facilitate a relationship. I honestly believe that God must be seen through the WORD. And by that, I don't mean the bible, per se, but rather the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

I've met Christians who are worse off than atheists. They think their darkness is light. They attend church, they do the sacraments, they follow the rules, and they have no inkling in their mind at all of what Jesus really means, or what the voice of the Holy Spirit sounds like. They are dead without hope because they mistakenly think they're alive.

Atheists think they are philosophical zombies. All you have to do is convince them that they're not and they immediately convert. Usually with great fervor.
Well said.

I have wondered, even though is opposition to the position of the Church, whether it matters more (with regards to salvation) that a follower believes in the "teachings of Jesus" - more so than the status of Jesus (or God).

An atheist can certainly believe in the Teachings of Jesus.

Davin and Smelly in particular, while seeming a bit unfriendly in their posts at time, have argued sentimentally for the brotherhood of man - a Christian position.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:46 AM   #27
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

No it's called humanism, definitely not a christian position.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #28
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
No it's called humanism, definitely not a christian position.
More bollocks from the illiterate and weird android.

I knew this exchange was going to be fun.
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #29
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Yep, these three make the Donald look like a super, super, super genius.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #30
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Well put.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote