Old 05-17-2005, 06:08 AM   #106
natural_smurf

Quote:
VOICE-of-REASON wrote
Frankly, I can't understand why Christians have so much beef with satan. I mean, for heaven's sake, he HAS kept the Church in business for over 2000 years now--and he still is. As far as I'm concerned, you should be thankful--you ingrats.
AHA!!! BUSTED!!! that's right out of LaVey's teachings. from the nine satanic statements, i believe. :rolleyes: oh, crap.. my bengal tiger's escaped from its cage. hail satan!

- smurf

p.s. hey, hope - question: does orthography count as a science? (it is the job of the smurf to keep the most literate amongst you in stitches!)
Old 05-17-2005, 06:16 AM   #107
natural_smurf

Quote:
John316 wrote
Our lives and our eternal destination lies in the power of our will. True Christian love's the sinner and hate's the sin.
ok, seriously... i haven't been to any sort of xtian service in quite a while, but is it a rule now that you have to exhibit abhorrent spelling and grammar? i'm just asking. maybe you believe god will come down and auto-correct your spelling when you post. well, i'm sorry, but the divine intervention feature of this forum is pending - god never learned php, i'm afraid.

(yes, the smurf realizes he doesn't capitalize. paradoxes abound. deal with it.)

- smurf
Old 05-17-2005, 07:40 AM   #108
Little Earth Stamper

Quote:
thomas wrote
Well, I deny it because it's a late addition by the anti-materialist Gnostics who couldn't accept the truth as presented by the OT.
Yes, you wouldn't want to embrace a religion started by some johnny-come-lately who heavily modified the old testament.

Wait...

Also, this is why I deny reletivity; it's a late addition by a man who couldn't accept the truth of Newtonian physics.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:07 AM   #109
thomas

Quote:
Little Earth Stamper wrote
Quote:
thomas wrote
Well, I deny it because it's a late addition by the anti-materialist Gnostics who couldn't accept the truth as presented by the OT.
Yes, you wouldn't want to embrace a religion started by some johnny-come-lately who heavily modified the old testament.

Wait...
It's a good question LES. Here's the difference. The gnostics invented a whole bunch of angels and an intermediate god to try and defend their belief that material things were bad and therefore a perfect God could not have created them. Their world-view directly contradicted the OT and so they had to discard it. Christianity on the other hand does not contradict the OT. It defends it as an essential part of God's revelation. Hey, even the OT didn't fall from the sky complete. All of the OT and NT is a progressive revelation.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #110
bobfritzelpuff

Quote:
Little Earth Stamper wrote
Also, this is why I deny reletivity; it's a late addition by a man who couldn't accept the truth of Newtonian physics.
As for newton, his laws have been modified a lot. I just wrote a newspaper article on how the second theory (F=M*A) is not entirely true- force can also be affected by gravity on large scales. The revised edition is named MOND.

Anyway, fellow atheist, I am a little bit dissapointed in you. Atheism is obviously a lack of belief in any god/deity- we obviously don't believe in satan.

I think, however, that thier point is this:

by not believing in god, and by trying to pursuade others to not believe in him, we are aiding their 'satan.' We don't worship him in our basements, but our actions carry out his will.

This, I agree with.