Old 06-19-2005, 01:56 PM   #46
Blod

Quote:
Acromnion wrote
I'm just wondering why everyone else "turned atheist"; what made you beleive there is no god rather than doubt there is one?

In my own opinion, ppl need a god because they are weak and need to believe something of greater force/being is taking care of them. Also they cannot take responsibility for their actions and need to be forgiven by that force when they sin because they can not forgive themselves. god is a form of coming to terms for irresponsible actions, but believing doesnt fix anything. Its like a kid with chocolate all over his face saying he didnt eat the chocolate bar, it was his imaginary friend... just someone else to take the blame but no more chocolate bar...

That along with other things makes me not believe there is a god... i still have my doubts though they are weaker than toilet paper. :P
Hm, I never became an atheist- fortunately was born and raised such because of the communism in Albania, and we being the first and only official (at the time) atheist country around. Also both my parents were, and still are, atheists; my brother too. After the system collapse in the 90s these religious non-ideas began the flux in the country, of course disguised under the banner of humanism, progressivism, etc. The bad thing with atheism at us, is that some ppl identified it with communism, and therefore "bad" (I guess the Christlamists gave a hand for this forced misconception, after all, these irrational parasites are constantly being funded from their respective hierarchs abroad in Turkey, Arabia, Greece, Italy, these correlations well known, and they don't even care to hide it).

On the personal scale, the thing is that no theist can ever use logic to back up any of his assertions, and I disrespect ppl who don't use logic or who refuse to use it. I guess I'm a logico-fascist or sth, but I have never encountered any theist that makes sense when he talks about religious stuff, and the worst part is that most of them don't make much sense neither on other topics or discussions. I see religion as a deprival of mental health and sth that stands in the way of making humans evolve their brain functions to some higher level, and if one thinks a bit about it, I know that every sound person will spot that every theist, he has spoken to, displays some mental deficit of various level. Dangerous or non-dangerous, these are my thoughts and experience, and I am all for abolishing religion and forcing and integrating the teaching of the methods of logic in our (or any) educational system.

Why an atheist? Because it's the default rational position. It's based on logic and logic is the only valid method of interpreting reality. All else is obsolete and immediately dangerous to life if applied to a large scale (as is done). The religious folk instead of logic, uses opinion and belief for many, if not most, of things in its life, and that's disgraceful for the human species. Life is beautiful and religion makes it boring and mediocre.

greets
Old 06-19-2005, 04:51 PM   #47
Bighead

Quote:
Blod wrote
Quote:
Acromnion wrote
I'm just wondering why everyone else "turned atheist"; what made you beleive there is no god rather than doubt there is one?

In my own opinion, ppl need a god because they are weak and need to believe something of greater force/being is taking care of them. Also they cannot take responsibility for their actions and need to be forgiven by that force when they sin because they can not forgive themselves. god is a form of coming to terms for irresponsible actions, but believing doesnt fix anything. Its like a kid with chocolate all over his face saying he didnt eat the chocolate bar, it was his imaginary friend... just someone else to take the blame but no more chocolate bar...

That along with other things makes me not believe there is a god... i still have my doubts though they are weaker than toilet paper. :P
Hm, I never became an atheist- fortunately was born and raised such because of the communism in Albania, and we being the first and only official (at the time) atheist country around. Also both my parents were, and still are, atheists; my brother too. After the system collapse in the 90s these religious non-ideas began the flux in the country, of course disguised under the banner of humanism, progressivism, etc. The bad thing with atheism at us, is that some ppl identified it with communism, and therefore "bad" (I guess the Christlamists gave a hand for this forced misconception, after all, these irrational parasites are constantly being funded from their respective hierarchs abroad in Turkey, Arabia, Greece, Italy, these correlations well known, and they don't even care to hide it).

On the personal scale, the thing is that no theist can ever use logic to back up any of his assertions, and I disrespect ppl who don't use logic or who refuse to use it. I guess I'm a logico-fascist or sth, but I have never encountered any theist that makes sense when he talks about religious stuff, and the worst part is that most of them don't make much sense neither on other topics or discussions. I see religion as a deprival of mental health and sth that stands in the way of making humans evolve their brain functions to some higher level, and if one thinks a bit about it, I know that every sound person will spot that every theist, he has spoken to, displays some mental deficit of various level. Dangerous or non-dangerous, these are my thoughts and experience, and I am all for abolishing religion and forcing and integrating the teaching of the methods of logic in our (or any) educational system.

Why an atheist? Because it's the default rational position. It's based on logic and logic is the only valid method of interpreting reality. All else is obsolete and immediately dangerous to life if applied to a large scale (as is done). The religious folk instead of logic, uses opinion and belief for many, if not most, of things in its life, and that's disgraceful for the human species. Life is beautiful and religion makes it boring and mediocre.

greets
Bravo!
:)
Old 06-19-2005, 07:19 PM   #48
whoneedscience

Quote:
DennisRB wrote
I was born in 1981, when I was going to high school, the totally fucked up "home boy" trend started up, imported direct from the US. This involved middle classes white morons wishing they were poor and black, like their favorite gangstar rappers, putting on baggy clothes and wareing their hats sideways, then walking around the streets at night in gangs bashing any poor guy that might pass them for no reason other than its cool. I'm sure they all felt "a notion of rugged individualism, and simply didn't like being told what to think or how to live"
Rugged individualism is supposed to be more associated with the John Wayne/Lone Ranger ideal that died here in the states quite a while ago. I see your point on the "rugged" half of this, but I would place the death of the "individualism" about where you mentioned "home boys".

Quote:
DennisRB wrote
Its unfortunate that Americans get such a bad rap all over the world, but if TV programs and politics are all foreigners get to base their opinions on you can't really blame the mentality. I think Australia is probably right behind you in that respect too. Our politics are just as fucked, and I'm fairly certain you wouldn't get great TV viewing from us either.
You should see the restaurant chain that sprung up here called Outback Steakhouse. It's Cajun food but they attempted to theme it after Australia. I get a good laugh every time I go there. Interrestingly, I think they were trying to make a connection between Australia and the now dead cowboy romanticism.

Steve Irwin is always a good laugh, too, but people here definitely think that's what Aussies are like.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:53 AM   #49
kim chao

well, i have read all comments about the topic, DOES GOD EXIST?, i am sorry to all, the comments were just childish thinking and nothing else. i am believing any religion but i believe that" GOD EXISTS". all coments that i have read were the conclusion of extensive reading and searching in the religious and scientific books but i am sorry to say you people are thinking negatively.

ALL RELIGIONS SAY THAT GOD EXISTS and they have their prooves but i am going to gave such of them except over common life. can every body tell me why humen are HUMEN? why not monkey, chimpanzy etc? although all have same origion that is mating of male and female. and if nobody can then tell me why we are born and why we died? and what happen to the dying ones where they go ? again if no answer then come to the nature. one fellow said that nature is infinite. if its true then why your scientists are crying that universe is worming and we are moving towards SUN? these are just few questions if you thing positively then everything will be more clear. just don't thing that GOD is in the church or other religious places.

i wanna ask all of you , WHO IS THAT CONTROLLS THE UNIVERSE AND OVER THOUGHTS.............................? WHY WE LOVE SOME THINGS AND HATE OTHERS............?
i am a science student and i have these answers , you can have but if you think ...........
Old 06-20-2005, 03:12 AM   #50
PissBoner

Quote:
kim chao wrote
well, i have read all comments about the topic, DOES GOD EXIST?, i am sorry to all, the comments were just childish thinking and nothing else. i am believing any religion but i believe that" GOD EXISTS". all coments that i have read were the conclusion of extensive reading and searching in the religious and scientific books but i am sorry to say you people are thinking negatively.

ALL RELIGIONS SAY THAT GOD EXISTS and they have their prooves but i am going to gave such of them except over common life. can every body tell me why humen are HUMEN? why not monkey, chimpanzy etc? although all have same origion that is mating of male and female. and if nobody can then tell me why we are born and why we died? and what happen to the dying ones where they go ? again if no answer then come to the nature. one fellow said that nature is infinite. if its true then why your scientists are crying that universe is worming and we are moving towards SUN? these are just few questions if you thing positively then everything will be more clear. just don't thing that GOD is in the church or other religious places.

i wanna ask all of you , WHO IS THAT CONTROLLS THE UNIVERSE AND OVER THOUGHTS.............................? WHY WE LOVE SOME THINGS AND HATE OTHERS............?
i am a science student and i have these answers , you can have but if you think ...........
If you were a true science student, you would know, you don't know shit.

Judging from your post, I would say you need to be an ENGLISH Student.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:02 AM   #51
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
kim chao wrote

I'm guessing the poor English comes from English not being your native tongue, so I'll leave that alone.

Why are humans human, and not monkeys or apes? Well, we're a type of Great Ape known as Homo Sapiens Sapiens, our genetic structure is different from monkeys, etc.

Where do we go when we die? Cleveland. Or we rot in the ground. One of the two.

I don't really recall scientists crying over the universe "warming" (?) or Earth falling into the sun. Could you please elaborate what you are talking about?

Rhinoq

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:03 AM   #52
Paradox

Quote:
kim chao wrote
ALL RELIGIONS SAY THAT GOD EXISTS
:lol: You have no idea what your talking about. Actually most religions are either pantheistic, polytheistic or atheistic. Just a handfull of abrahamic religions made it big (Judaism, Islam & Christianity), so now everyone thinks that theism is universal.