Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #9
Whisper

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
Look at you guys go!! I really feel sorry for you.
I take it selliedjoup's another theist I wasn't here for the arrival of?

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
I always find this to be such a strange question. Since God is not a well-defined alleged entity, who is to say what it would be if it were real?

If it is supposed to be a sentient entity, from where would that sentience emanate if the thing has the capacity to think, create and express emotions? Wouldn't it have to be an entity with a physical form that may include a head, torso, limbs, hands, feet and genitalia?

But what would it look like? Any random white man you might encounter on the street? Some other kind of animated, talking mammal that does parlor tricks?

How on Earth would people recognize something that's not clearly defined and that they've never seen before?

Without getting all goofy, could you tell us what it is we're supposed to be looking for as proof that a God exists?
Also, this. If it hadn't been 3am when I typed up my response, I'd have remembered to mention this, as well. Ugh.

His response was crap anyway.

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote