Old 11-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #241
Lily

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
First of all, I know that not all Christians "reason" the way you do.

Frankly, I've never met another Christian who tried so hard to make sense of nonsense. It's a marvel to watch you do it and then attempt to project ignorance and a lack of intelligence on to those who point out the obvious.
What have I been saying for years?! You are ignorant of the intellectual history of the western world. Of course you haven't met another Christian "who tried so hard to make sense of nonsense". That is clear since you argue so blindly that you cannot possibly have met Christians who have been interested in logical arguments for God (they absolutely do not need to be). You obviously don't know any serious thinkers; any serious scholars nor serious theologians. What have I been trying to tell you for the last two years? You don't and cannot get it. Your education is wanting, your intellectual curiosity is wanting, and, frankly, you are hanging around a group that can only confirm you in your ignorance. It is a shame but there it is. It is not my concern and I have no further interest in trying to reach you.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #242
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
What have I been saying for years?! You are ignorant of the intellectual history of the western world. Of course you haven't met another Christian "who tried so hard to make sense of nonsense". That is clear since you argue so blindly that you cannot possibly have met Christians who have been interested in logical arguments for God (they absolutely do not need to be). You obviously don't know any serious thinkers; any serious scholars nor serious theologians. What have I been trying to tell you for the last two years? You don't and cannot get it. Your education is wanting, your intellectual curiosity is wanting, and, frankly, you are hanging around a group that can only confirm you in your ignorance. It is a shame but there it is. It is not my concern and I have no further interest in trying to reach you.
That's great news! Does this mean you will finally leave us alone?

Can't you just sit with your cats, poop your pants, and get old by yourself?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #243
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
That's great news! Does this mean you will finally leave us alone?

Can't you just sit with your cats, poop your pants, and get old by yourself?
I wish it was simple, but with Lily, she so often actually means the opposite of what she says. That's Bizarro-Lily World for you!

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #244
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

You mean she's a liar?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #245
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
I wish it was simple, but with Lily, she so often actually means the opposite of what she says. That's Bizarro-Lily World for you!
She has made it clear in this very thread that she is entitled to have her cake and eat it, too. Why? Because she is Lily and her grossly outsized sense of entitlement must be acknowledged by anyone who crosses her path or she will attempt to make them pay. Love her or suffer as she does.

She's not interested in converting anyone here, but she is interested in "kicking atheist butt" before Satan gets the chance:
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
... I am what is known as a muscular Christian. Very muscular. I kick atheist butt so that Satan won't do so eternally, if I can help it.
But is it for the benefit of anyone but the sacred cow, herself? Let's see:

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
When have I done anything in the "name of Jesus" here? When have I expressed the slightest interest in getting anyone to adopt my faith? The fact that you think that is what is going on is painfully deluded but it is not my problem. Obviously I rejoice anytime someone converts but that is not what I am aiming at here and never have. I have stated repeatedly and shown repeatedly that I am interested in accuracy. When you say stupid things about Christianity or Christians I will correct them. I will do it over and over and over again until you get it right. Of course, you, individually, may not be capable of gettting it right.
So, she ain't working on behalf of Jesus (Fuck him, obviously), and she makes it plain that she doesn't give a fuck about any of us. Lily is interested only in "accuracy," which is code for validation, fealty, adoration or whatever it is she "needs" and we're not giving her.

Though, I have a feeling that this weird psychodrama she's been acting out for us really has nothing to do with us.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #246
Kate

Old 11-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #247
Kate