Old 08-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #16
Liberated1

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
hey anybody who can list all those great programmes is fine by me I promise to tone down the fun-making - unless you say you like Benny Hill then its no holds barred!

*are you being served*
Fixed, thanks for the correction... the only one I didn't look up. Figures.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #17
Liberated1

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
.. once it's been through my alimentary canal - - certainly!!
Is that before or after you've had some curry?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
Eva
Super Moderator

i understand that our dear git is particularly partial to dodgy vindaloos.

welcome to our humble forum, liberated!
for the record, you can make fun of brits, but not of puertorricans.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #19
Liberated1

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
i understand that our dear git is particularly partial to dodgy vindaloos.

welcome to our humble forum, liberated!
for the record, you can make fun of brits, but not of puertorricans.
Puerto Ricans? Where? Are they cute? And just how temperamental are they?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #20
Eva
Super Moderator

yes. here. plenty cute. deadly.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:25 AM   #21
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Liberated1 wrote View Post
Any questions?
Three:

1.) What leads you to believe that the overwhelming majority of the scientific community is either incorrect or dishonest in their assessments of global warming?

2.) Why do you capitalize the "a" in atheist?

3.) Welcome to our forums, hope you stay awhile!

(OK, that last one wasn't a question.)

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:37 AM   #22
Wakkun

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
I promise to tone down the fun-making - unless you say you like Benny Hill then its no holds barred!
Or Mr Bean.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #23
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Wakkun wrote View Post
Or Mr Bean.
yeah that too

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #24
Liberated1

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Three:

1.) What leads you to believe that the overwhelming majority of the scientific community is either incorrect or dishonest in their assessments of global warming?

2.) Why do you capitalize the "a" in atheist?

3.) Welcome to our forums, hope you stay awhile!

(OK, that last one wasn't a question.)
1. Note I said "man" made global warming. I'll provide more info on that if you'd like.

2. I capitalize Atheist because the Christians capitalize God.

3. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 AM   #25
skribb

I can't help but notice the selfishness in marrying someone who wouldn't like you if they knew who you really were. What's your take on that Lib1? No offense or anything.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #26
Liberated1

Point The truth about selfishness, read on dear readers!!!

Quote:
skribb wrote View Post
I can't help but notice the selfishness in marrying someone who wouldn't like you if they knew who you really were. What's your take on that Lib1? No offense or anything.

Hmm, if I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that I'm selfish.(No offense taken btw) I wouldn't necessarily agree with that, but lets not just limit it to me. Let's broaden the scope and say that all Christians are selfish. Here's my argument:

Let's suppose I'm a Christian and I pray to god asking for his forgiveness and for all of my family to be healthy and happy. Does this sound like a typical prayer? Well if we are to look at the context of the prayer, it is selfish in two aspects.

1. By asking his forgiveness I'm hoping that I'll get into heaven. Sounds like selfishness to me.
2. By praying to god, I'm being selfish thinking that he would listen to me. I'm an insignificant spec in the Universe that lasts about as long as elephant fart in the savannah compared to the great scale of time to an entity with the supposed qualities ascribed to him by the buybull.

So in this aspect I would say that any Christian could be considered selfish. However let's get back to me.

When I was dating my wife, she never asked me my religious preference. She did ask me if I believed in god and I said "I don't know if he exists". I told her I thought the buybull was a bunch of codswallop and she agreed. I also told her that I thought organized religion was a scam and that was pretty much the end of the discussion. I never went to church with her while we were dating, so I know she didn't get the false impression there.

Can it be said I was dishonest with her? Possibly, but then again I'm an Atheist and I think everyone has the right to choose their own path. Do you walk up to people saying “High I’m an Atheist(or Christian), what are you?” If you marry someone, do you really know everything about them? And if you did know everything about them, if they changed at all would you divorce them? (I guess this could explain why so many people get divorce in the U.S.)

So in this aspect I wouldn't think I'm selfish.

Let's not forget that marriage is a selfish act!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #27
nkb
He who walks among the theists

The sad truth is that there are many people who would otherwise be completely compatible with each other, but when religion rears its ugly head, it causes many of these couples to throw in the towel.

My wife and I couldn't be better suited for each other, and we weren't about to let something silly like religion stand in the way.
Who knows, maybe if she had known on the day we started dating that I was an atheist, she may have not given it a shot.
Thankfully, she got to know me first.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #28
Liberated1

Ok, here is the most comprehensive list of resources I've found on why man-made global warming is not man made. I’ve yet to read all of the resources, but you can decide for yourself. I apologize if you get lost in the plethora of reading material!

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Popular_T...showtopic=2050

*Warning- side affects for reading this much information will either make you wiser or make your head explode. In either case, make sure to read the material in an isolated location to reduce casualties.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #29
Choobus
I Live Here

That red text is really fucking annoying!

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #30
Liberated1

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
That red text is really fucking annoying!
No fucking way! Are you sure?