Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #11
Lily

Quote:
Just Us Chickens wrote
Quote:
Lily wrote
Isn't this the "But mom! All the other kids do it" excuse? It is obviously possible that no actual honest discussion is wanted here. But at least recognize that fact and own up to it.
Quite a few of the other theists seem to get plenty of actual honest discussion here and I seem to remember you taking part in a few yourself.
Things have changed as fewer and fewer of the former members post here any more. Unfortunately, they were some of the smartest and nicest people you had here-- I am thinking of people like Noah and Schemanista, just to name a couple. As the forum has gotten smaller, it has gotten clubbier (naturally) and has gotten really nasty-- to the point that you drive away all but the most intrepid. There used to be some really good discussions here. Not anymore.

I still drop in because I am constitutionally unable to allow so much garbage to go unrebuked, particularly when I know that the people spewing it are smart enough to learn. Whether they are honest enough too, particularly in this environment, is a question that I think has been answered, negatively, here in this particular thread.

Edited to correct typo.