Old 08-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #151
ahoba

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
How much do you know about evolution, natural selection etc?

I doubt that the hens "know" that an eggs needs incubation. It's likely an instinct that some were born with to cover their eggs for protection etc. This had the bonus effect of incubating the eggs, and so the eggs that were inclined to hatch quicker/better when insulated did so in a more efficient manner, meaning that more chickens were born with those traits. Because there were more of them born than chickens without those traits, they eventually came to be common in the species.

Michael,
Please read your post carefully! I am going to explain how you did not understand my question.

Your post contains two parts:

The first one is "It's likely an instinct that some were born with to cover their eggs for protection etc".

The second one is "This had the bonus effect of incubating the eggs, and so the eggs that were ...".

The second part is about the evolution and natural selection which I am not talking about. I am asking you about the first one which you make it as a fact. My question is how did this fact happen? not what happened according to this fact!

Clear?? If you review all your answers, you will agree with me that you did not answer 

So, I am waiting for you to answer.

Good luck ..

ahoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #152
AtomJack

The question is pretty basic to evolution. The chicken and the egg co-evolved. Just because you don't understand it does not make you superior, and smirking like an idiot on an atheist website is just plain vapid. There wasn't an adult chicken to hatch the first egg. It's on a long evolutionary scale. Your refusal/inability to understand this gives two possibilities-

1. You are stupid fuck.

2. You are a stupid fuck who seeks to toy with people who actually pay attention to your stupid questions. Yes, there are stupid questions, contrary to some people's statements, which are mainly made to assuage the feelings of stupid people of that population's questions that they really aren't stupid, while they actually are. The worthies responding here are excepted.

If you don't spend a little skull sweat on learning how evolution really works, you are going to look like an ignoramus the whole time you post here, and won't get any respect. Responses you get here are the outfall of your own stupidity.

This is the last time I will respond to your stupidity.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #153
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
How does a hen know about the eggs so that she tends to sit on, protect and hatch them?

The hen brain is hard wired physiologically with the rest of the chicken to promote this behavior.

Kinda like when most folks take a shit, but know better somehow than to take a big ol' bite of that steaming turd. It ain't the supernatural telling them to not take a swaller of the brown suede snake. It's human nature. Just like its chicken nature to squawk at the sun when it comes up and sit on eggs.

That the vast majority of roosters and hens behave naturally in these respective ways proves definitively to me that there is no God or gods nor have there ever been a God or gods.

Is that answer satisfactory for you? Does it meet the criteria of your posited question? Or would you like to move the goal posts and play semantic games?

I have a question for you. Do you believe God is mighty enough to make a rock Cornish hen that is heavier than God can lift? If not, why?
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:04 AM   #154
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Your post contains two parts:

The first one is "It's likely an instinct that some were born with to cover their eggs for protection etc".

The second one is "This had the bonus effect of incubating the eggs, and so the eggs that were ...".

The second part is about the evolution and natural selection which I am not talking about.[u]
Okay, first point: You may not be talking about evolution and natural selection, but I am - as I believe it gives us the best insight into how and why these things happen.
second point: You don't get to decide how I answer your question. You asked why the hen has instincts, I gave you the answer I thought best fits. You don't get to decide that's not the answer I'm allowed to give you.
third point: it is in no way my responsibility to keep coming up with different answers for until you find one you like you just because you don't like my original answer.

Quote:
I am asking you about the first one which you make it as a fact.
you mean where I say "It's likely an instinct that some were born with to cover their eggs for protection etc"

How many people "make as fact" things beginning with "it is likely"?
No, I was proposing the method that I believed best answered the question.

Quote:
My question is how did this fact happen? not what happened according to this fact!
So again, you didn't really read my answer, as I explained that. Though perhaps that explanation relies on an understanding of how evolution and natural selection works, and that's why you didn't pickup on it?

Please, so we can see why you aren't understanding me - what can you tell me about how evolution and natural selection work?

Quote:
Clear?? If you review all your answers, you will agree with me that you did not answer
No, but I will be suspicious that you have no working understanding of natural selection.

Although - to be fair - I'm also starting to suspect you're not actually a real person, and rather some alter-ego made up to amuse us.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:16 AM   #155
ahoba

Quote:
you mean where I say "It's likely an instinct that some were born with to cover their eggs for protection etc"

How many people "make as fact" things beginning with "it is likely"?
Really?!!
I don't know how do you think you did answer me and at the same time you say like this!

"It is likely an instinct!" no need to give me another term. this is enough! the important thing is you think that the hens born with something that pushing them to cover their eggs for protection and so on....

This is the fact you deppended on otherwise you just talk rubbish!

Waiting for the answer in scientific manner!
Old 08-06-2015, 06:05 AM   #156
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Really?!!
I don't know how do you think you did answer me and at the same time you say like this!

"It is likely an instinct!" no need to give me another term. this is enough! the important thing is you think that the hens born with something that pushing them to cover their eggs for protection and so on....

I gave you a highly scientific answer but you ignored it. Guess it didn't fit your pov.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:08 AM   #157
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Really?!!

Really? A picture is worth a thousand words, and it just doesn't get any more sciency than this.....

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:20 AM   #158
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Really?!!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scientific+answ...+on+their+eggs

Apparently, the hens do not know if there is a chick in there or not, they just sit on them. They always sit on them. So they do not know if there is a viable chick in the egg, they just sit on it no matter what.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:58 AM   #159
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Really?!!

While it will not provide you with the answer you are (ostensibly) seeking, this simple procedure will cure your delusion with the skyfairy explanation for everything...

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #160
AtomJack

That video is freaking horrific.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #161
ahoba

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scientific+answ...+on+their+eggs

Apparently, the hens do not know if there is a chick in there or not, they just sit on them. They always sit on them. So they do not know if there is a viable chick in the egg, they just sit on it no matter what.
"Just sit on"! Without any reason? Is this acceptable?

Michael,
If what you said is not a fact, then you only try to find or guess any answer not proved yet.

Last edited by ahoba; 08-06-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #162
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Here's your reason. Because Arthur Fonzareli said so.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:37 PM   #163
ahoba

Lol
Old 08-06-2015, 11:58 PM   #164
ahoba

Quote:
Hobotronic2037 wrote View Post
I gave you a highly scientific answer but you ignored it. Guess it didn't fit your pov.
I am sorry but if you can explain more I would be grateful. But remember that we need logic reason not philosophical answer!

Many thanks,

Last edited by ahoba; 08-07-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:43 AM   #165
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post

Michael,
If what you said is not a fact, then you only try to find or guess any answer not proved yet.
You realise I didn't write that, yes? - Davin did. There are other people in is thread.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup

Last edited by Michael; 08-07-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote