Old 11-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
ubs
I Live Here

The Goddess of Catholicism

While we Yanks eat Turkey (Happy Thanksgiving Everyone) people in Russia are lining up by the thousands to touch the belt of the Virgin Mary, some as a substitute for adequate Healthcare (damn Russians. Always ahead of us).

Quote:
At a news conference in October, Mr. Yakunin said the belt — usually kept at the Vatopedi Monastery on the Mount Athos peninsula in northern Greece, where women are not permitted — was known for promoting fertility.

“The belt of the Most Holy Virgin Mary possesses miraculous power,“ he said. “It helps women and helps in childbirth. In our demographic situation, this is in and of itself important.”

It also seems to attract people who, having forsaken Russia’s deteriorating health system, are looking for something else. In recent years, Russians have thronged to relics of numerous saints, hoping to be cured of ills like cancer, debt and drunken husbands.
I am reminded, not for the first time, that Mary is a Goddess - maybe the only one we have at the moment, though I know the Catholics disagree, claiming prayer is communication, not worship. I wonder what constitutes worship in the Catholic brain?

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I think good Catholics would acknowledge that prayers directed at 'She With an Intact Hymen' constitute worship. But the veneration/adoration/reverence is not predicated on the idea that the Madonna is a deity, but that she -- unlike all the other beyotches since Eve -- is "good." And that her Cave of Creation -- unlike all the caverns of cavorting coozes -- is as unsullied as the drifted snow. (And twice as cold.)

"Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb ..."

'Nuther words. She is just another product of the patriarchy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
ubs
I Live Here

Are there any deities of either gender that aren't the product of patriarchies?

Old 11-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
While we Yanks eat Turkey (Happy Thanksgiving Everyone) people in Russia are lining up by the thousands to touch the belt of the Virgin Mary, some as a substitute for adequate Healthcare (damn Russians. Always ahead of us).

I am reminded, not for the first time, that Mary is a Goddess - maybe the only one we have at the moment, though I know the Catholics disagree, claiming prayer is communication, not worship. I wonder what constitutes worship in the Catholic brain?
The belt of the Virgin Mary? This wasn't a chastity belt was it? 'Cause I'm thinking it wasn't very efficient to begin with.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
The belt of the Virgin Mary? This wasn't a chastity belt was it? 'Cause I'm thinking it wasn't very efficient to begin with.
It's always the fingers of Christ or Mary's outer garments. How about Magdalene's pre-conversion tools of the trade? What ever happened to them?

Old 11-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
It's always the fingers of Christ or Mary's outer garments. How about Magdalene's pre-conversion tools of the trade? What ever happened to them?
That's a good question! A solid wood Mary Magdalene butt plug would be the sort of thing an entire religion could rest upon.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Are there any deities of either gender that aren't the product of patriarchies?
Merlin Stone made her name with that that proposition.

Your question reminds me of every time I try to read a blog post by Amanda Marcotte. I get to about the third paragraph before realizing that there's another 40,000 or so words to go and all of it blames the patriarchy for something (irrespective of topic). But then I'm just another privileged white male, so I don't know any better, being myself a victim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Catlickers are idolators & who can blame them. Who likes to imagine their mum swallowing cum & shouting put it in my ass?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #9
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote