Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
Michael
Obsessed Member

Lincoln said it, I believe it, that settles it.

I realise this may give away my secret-identity, it being on facebook and all, but eh. Fuck it, noone reads these forums anyway, right?

http://www.facebook.com/alincolnism?fref=ts

"Did Abe Lincoln really exist?"

It's exactly what you think it is. Some stupid theist creating a massive strawman argument against atheists.

BUT! I'm having a great time because I get to be a "lincolnist" and use parodies of all the ridiculously flawed theist arguments to troll them. It's fun.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Cool page!

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

He existed....there are about 500 films about him this year alone for fuck sake.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Davin
Obsessed Member

Did Lincoln get assassinated for my sins to give me eternal life? And if I don't believe that he exists and died for my sins, then I'll be a slave working coal mines for all eternity? I also remember documents he wrote and people writing first hand accounts, not accounts that were 50+ years after his death. Very silly to compare evidence for Lincoln with evidence for Jesus... too bad none of those crazies come here to be chewed on.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Tooold
New Member!

We have multiple images of his likeness - we even have some bloody photos of him, so yes, yes he did exist.

That he was a dictator, a petty-minded racist that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans to protect government taxes (and used slavery merely as a tool, and actually wanted all blacks expelled from America) isn't so well understood perhaps. But yeah, he certainly existed.
Tooold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
mondrian

Quote:
Tooold wrote View Post
We have multiple images of his likeness - we even have some bloody photos of him, so yes, yes he did exist.

That he was a dictator, a petty-minded racist that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans to protect government taxes (and used slavery merely as a tool, and actually wanted all blacks expelled from America) isn't so well understood perhaps. But yeah, he certainly existed.
Yes, but apart from that Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?

The middle man of last resort.
mondrian is offline   Reply With Quote