Old 12-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #241
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

and all this from the shite-meister who proudly announced a few weeks ago:-
Quote:
Some Lying Fuckwit wrote
Nice book. I'm not a Christian.
We are being graced by a thick cunt that's stretched itself to goatse proportions.
I suppose preserving this jibberish crap for posterity is our service to humanity.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #242
Broga
Obsessed Member

Egor. You really are a dishonest jerk. I say that I could produce lots of historical evidence to contradict your inerrant bible. You, as a patronising and arrogant ignoramus, reply, "Bring it on." I have already quoted contradictions to you about historical facts about Emperors and Governors being at odds with your fairy tale bible. You ignored those, of course. You now, in your contemptible way, seem to have satisfied yourself that the more contradictory your ignorant bible the more this reveals your non existent God. Only you, of course, have access to these meanings.

Egor, you need help. And I mean help of a psychiatric kind. You are uttering comments that reveal someone who is clinically paranoid. Or, to be blunt, you have been so disturbed at being confronted by facts that you have become unbalanced. You are insane. Comments made by others merely provoke you into entertaining us. There is an analogy between what is happening here and the entertainment spectators enjoyed in past times by viewing the mad inhabitants of Bedlam in the UK.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #243
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Inerrant liar! What a slimy turd you are!
Egor, with the dishonesty that has become his trademark, is playing a shameless and contemptible game here. He asks for facts or evidence from someone who challenges him. These facts need to be looked up to quote chapter and verse. Then Egor, from the superstitious nonsense that fills his addled brain, produces some nonsense which he claims to be an answer. So the atheist is producing facts and Egor spews whatever comes into his confused head. He then, in his paranoid fantasy of himself as knowledgeable, asks for more facts having ignored the first lot. The only response he deserves is contempt and he is attracting plenty of that.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #244
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Congratulations on getting your avatar back, Egor! Are we to assume that the "V" no longer stands for "Vagina"? Did you know that the cross is a phallic symbol? I think that a vagina would be a nice complement to the penis on your avatar.

I don't see the need for you threatening to ignore my sincere questions. It seems rather combative. Also, suggesting that my questions are diminutive and inconsequential, before you have even heard the questions, does not indicate an intention on your part to be forthright in answering them. But alrighty then! With my hands trembling with great trepidation, I will venture the initial questions.

Lets start with three questions:

1. Do you believe the story of Noah's Ark to be true?

2. Do you accept the factual findings of the world scientific community in regard to the evolution of humans from apes?

3. Do you believe that Mithra was born to a virgin mother, fathered by God, was God incarnate, and died for our sins so that we can live forever?
The filthy little bastard has yet to answer my questions. The dishonest coward is afraid to answer. It might be time to return his whining baby avatar.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #245
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
Egor, with the dishonesty that has become his trademark, is playing a shameless and contemptible game here. He asks for facts or evidence from someone who challenges him. These facts need to be looked up to quote chapter and verse. Then Egor, from the superstitious nonsense that fills his addled brain, produces some nonsense which he claims to be an answer. So the atheist is producing facts and Egor spews whatever comes into his confused head. He then, in his paranoid fantasy of himself as knowledgeable, asks for more facts having ignored the first lot. The only response he deserves is contempt and he is attracting plenty of that.
He has the mental acuity of a homeless man smoking a rock of crack. What a sad, sick, delusional person Egor is!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #246
Michael
Obsessed Member

Hi, Egor!

Let's just jump straight to my reply.

Quote:
Michael wrote
[note - for the purposes of this I am going to come from the angle of thinking that "god is real and wrote the bible"]

1 - God wanted us to find the inaccuracies.
2 - God wanted us to question said inaccuracies.

We can, then, from that, suppose that god wants us to question the bible.

Quote:
Egor wrote
Well, of course. Seriously, you didn’t know that?
Not believing in god I don't tend to think about what a fictional character would supposedly want with the book he didn't actually write.

However, all the christians I've dealt with would probably stone you for death for even suggesting it (this is totally your cue to play the "no true christian" line).

It wasn't until you claimed it that I had seen it as a proposal. But, you're not contesting it, so let's move on.

Quote:
egor wrote
Maybe the vast majority of them have failed. But they are still saved.
Naaaaaaaaah. That makes no sense. "You failed miserably at what I wanted from you, but I'll save you anyway". That's not the god you keep telling us about.

Quote:
egor wrote
They don’t have to unravel all the mysteries of the Gospel. That’s my job and the job of some other people, too. Maybe even you if you turn and repent before you die and go to hell.
Dumbledore save us if you ever actually end up telling people how to think about the gospels. We've got enough dangerous lunatics as it is, without more people subscribing to your idiocy.

Nicely done on the honey-pot trap at the end there, though, playing to my ego. Always a powerful trick when people don't understand it.

Quote:
Michael wrote
Now, I don't have time right now but I'm sure I could find a bible verse to support this idea. Though that would mean actually reading the bible and if I'm being honest, it's a boring read. I mean, it's no Harry Potter.
Quote:
Egor wrote
Some lines just bear repeating: “… it's a boring read. I mean, it's no Harry Potter.”
I'm guessing from the context of your statement there, that you don't understand what's going on with what I said. Which is fair enough, let me explain.

I didn't review gods on a case-by-case basis then dismiss them. My personal view is to reject the idea of any supernatural will being involved in the creation of existance (for lack of a better way of putting it). That means that any religion that suggests a creator god is flatly rejected by me.
I feel no need to read or know anything about the bible, the torah, or any of those in order to reject it flat.

So when I said that, I was saying that yes, I consider The Bible to be a fictional book, in the same bane as Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter - I make little distinction.
However, The Bible is a really dry, boring read. If I were to take another clearly fictional story, and write it in the same manner as the bible and try to sell it, no-one would read it. It really isn't a well written story. Hence my saying what I said. I didn't hide it.

However, you seem to take this to....well, it looks like you're flabbergasted at my saying this. Almost a "See what I mean? He is rejecting holy word for satan's word!". That's not what it's about.

Then curiously, you accuse me of doing exactly what I just did - consider the book just a book.
However, you appear to be taking something that I have freely admitted (though seemingly passed over your head) and accusing me of it as though it's some big revelation. Some big cover-up.

Quote:
Egor wrote
I don’t know why you bother, really. What do you care about the Bible? You don’t even believe in God.
Quote:
Egor wrote
Until you believe in God, The Bible is just another book on the shelf to you.
Quote:
Egor wrote
It would have been better if I had just said, “You don’t believe in God, so don’t worry about the Bible.”

You're right, I don't care about the bible. It means so very, very little to me. And you will find mostly when it comes to arguing about specifics in holy scriptures, I won't weigh in too heavily because I just couldn't give a fuck.

I'm more interested in arguments about the logic and ideology in regards to a supernatural will. Sometimes these things overlap, and when they do I get involved.

Such was the case here, where you created your desired end goal (a way to explain the differing geneologies - it seems you chose "well this is what god wanted all along!") and then forced your logic and twisted your facts to fit that. This is not a good way to do things, hence my pointing out the flaws of attempting it.

It's weird you didn't understand this.
I'm thinking you did but don't have a better way of rebutting my complete and utter destuction of your logic time after time, so tried (once again) to twist facts to suit your needs.

And once again you failed.

Quote:
Michael wrote
So you can't have it both ways. Either god is telling us to question his word, or he's telling us to believe it wholly. You can't have it one way when it suits you and then the other when it suits you, even though I have no doubt that (should you be man enough to answer) will try to do this. You'll be very slippery about it too, no doubt.

Or you'll just try and brush this off, and we'll know you've got nothing. Either way, as far as I'm concerned, you failed.

Quote:
Egor wrote
You’re babbling.

Quote:
Egor wrote
Slippery or not, the Bible is for me, not for you. The Bible is for believers.

You are really bad at this. How is it that we can destroy your logic time and time again and yet you still keep trying the same thing? I mean you haven't scored a single point in this yet, but you keep coming back with the same old deluded, proven-to-be-wrong crap. Every time, we show you how your thinking is insanely flawed, but you keep bringing it back so we can rip you apart again. I thought you'd get sick of losing, but I guess not.

I really am thinking it's a domination fetish. I'm guessing when you finally give in to that suppressed homo-eroticism a lot of christians seem to have, you'll be a catcher, rather than a pitcher.
Heck, maybe you are already, I don't know you in real life.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #247
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
He has the mental acuity of a homeless man smoking a rock of crack. What a sad, sick, delusional person Egor is!
ghoulslime: I'm pleased you keep confronting him with your questions. The more he doesn't answer the more he becomes an object of contempt for those who are witnesses to his pathetic behaviour. He seems, in his over heated brain, to assume that what he "thinks" must be correct. I think Egor, despite his posturing, knows it is game over. He has been exposed, shamed and ridiculed and he knows it.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #248
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
I think Egor, despite his posturing, knows it is game over. He has been exposed, shamed and ridiculed and he knows it.
That is exactly what appears to be going on. He's well aware that he just can't keep up with us, and these are his last, dying attempt at clutching on to straws.

I'm guessing that as soon as he can find something close enough to the "ban" he seems so desperate to get, he will disappear. He just doesn't want to have to leave with his tail between his legs, knowing he was beaten and humiliated.

Too bad he doesn't have enough to sustain himself until then. Complete implosion imminent, I say.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #249
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
That is exactly what appears to be going on. He's well aware that he just can't keep up with us, and these are his last, dying attempt at clutching on to straws.

I'm guessing that as soon as he can find something close enough to the "ban" he seems so desperate to get, he will disappear. He just doesn't want to have to leave with his tail between his legs, knowing he was beaten and humiliated.

Too bad he doesn't have enough to sustain himself until then. Complete implosion imminent, I say.
I think you might be underestimating the stupid in this one. This one appears to be going for a banning, and often gets banned from forums, so I'm pretty sure it will keep going and going... at least for a few months like it did last time.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #250
Egor

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
and all this from the shite-meister who proudly announced a few weeks ago:-

Let me put this whole, I’m-not-a-Christian bit to rest. At that time, I didn’t consider myself one. For many years I have gone back and forth between Christianity and my own religion I called Veridicanism. I have come to see that Veridicanism simply leads me back to Christianity. So, at this time in my life, I have decided to make a stand. I won’t be going back.

I am a Christian. I was baptized as a Lutheran. I have, however separated myself from all affiliated forms of Christianity. So, technically, I would be a non-denominational, non-evangelical Protestant Christian.

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
Egor. You really are a dishonest jerk. I say that I could produce lots of historical evidence to contradict your inerrant bible.

Face it: You lose.

Quote:
You, as a patronising and arrogant ignoramus, reply, "Bring it on." I have already quoted contradictions to you about historical facts about Emperors and Governors being at odds with your fairy tale bible. You ignored those, of course. You now, in your contemptible way, seem to have satisfied yourself that the more contradictory your ignorant bible the more this reveals your non existent God. Only you, of course, have access to these meanings.

No, other Christians do as well. I am constantly reading books on Christian apologetics and Gospel interpretation.

Quote:
Egor, you need help. And I mean help of a psychiatric kind. You are uttering comments that reveal someone who is clinically paranoid.

Face it: You lost and the only thing you have to say to my reply to you is that I’m insane and stupid. That proves you lost, because what I said makes perfect sense. You’re just pissed that what you were so sure was an error in the Gospels, for at least one person, is a critically needed element and the Gospel would be diminished if it weren’t there.

Quote:
Or, to be blunt, you have been so disturbed at being confronted by facts that you have become unbalanced. You are insane.

Ha ha! You have nothing left. All you have left are insults. I may be insane but I sure got the better of you.

Good, better, best, bested. How do you like that for a declension young man?
--Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolfe

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
Egor, with the dishonesty that has become his trademark, is playing a shameless and contemptible game here.

I think you’re actually in a panic here. Let it go, man! We can go onto some new business. I won’t keep throwing this up in your face.

Quote:
He asks for facts or evidence from someone who challenges him. These facts need to be looked up to quote chapter and verse. Then Egor, from the superstitious nonsense that fills his addled brain, produces some nonsense which he claims to be an answer. So the atheist is producing facts and Egor spews whatever comes into his confused head. He then, in his paranoid fantasy of himself as knowledgeable, asks for more facts having ignored the first lot. The only response he deserves is contempt and he is attracting plenty of that.

Can I help you with something here: the term you’re looking for is not “paranoid.” If anything, you might want to say delusional or that I used loose associations. Technically, however, the way I answered you would be in the form of stream-of –thought. And I must admit, I really like the taste of victory.

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
ghoulslime: I'm pleased you keep confronting him with your questions. The more he doesn't answer the more he becomes an object of contempt for those who are witnesses to his pathetic behaviour. He seems, in his over heated brain, to assume that what he "thinks" must be correct. I think Egor, despite his posturing, knows it is game over. He has been exposed, shamed and ridiculed and he knows it.

I never respond to Ghoulslime. And I pick and choose whom I respond to for two reasons.

1. I don’t have time to respond to everyone here, in my blog, and in the other atheist forum. So, I pick and choose.

2. I pick and choose based on how insulting the person is, or whether they are making any sense to me. You respectfully dropped a challenge, in a coherent manner, regarding the veracity and inerrancy of the Gospels. So, I went with that one.

But, damn, you are a sore loser aren’t you?
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #251
Egor

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
I think you might be underestimating the stupid in this one. This one appears to be going for a banning, and often gets banned from forums, so I'm pretty sure it will keep going and going... at least for a few months like it did last time.
Look how the conversation starts turning to banning. That's another indication I scored a direct hit. I think smelly or Eva would love to ban me, all you have to do is request it of them. I'm sure they'd oblige. I think they may be under the impression you want me in this forum.

Ban me. I freakin dare you.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #252
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I made the mistake of Gazoogling "Veridicanism."

Ed, you have serious problems. Please seek help.
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #253
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
I don't think it was an empty promise. I think Satan was telling the truth: "All this has been given to me, and I can give it to whomever I choose."
Satan could actually give the entire world to someone? So, what belongs to God?
Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
And the temptation wasn't to stop being God, the temptation was to become fully carnal. If Jesus had chosen to do that, The Father probably would have gone along with it. But apparently Jesus thought to delay gratification for a much greater eternal kingdom was the better move. And this is one of the main lessons we see in Jesus' temptations.
Jesus, who is God (you know, the omniscient one) has to think about it? What exactly is he thinking about? Omniscience is apparently not all it's cracked up to be.
Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Because don't forget, we are to become what Christ was. That's the whole purpose of eating the body and drinking the blood of Christ at communion.
Worst...non-Christian...EVER!!!
Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
So, had Jesus gone that way, God would have honored it, I have no doubt, but he never could have shown us the way to the father.
Maybe you need to clarify your views: Is Jesus God, or are they two different entities?
Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Out of love for us, he turned Satan down. He saved us rather than taking worldly power unto himself.
Are you saying that God doesn't have worldly powers?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #254
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

EGOr, You might have seen this list on another forum, which you also happened to ignore. Can you please tell us why we have these contradictions and explain why the gospels are the inerrant word of god.

Good works to be seen of men
Matt 5:16
Good works not to be seen of men
Matt 6:1

Christ taught non-resistance
Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52
Christ taught and practiced physical resistance
Luke 22:36/ John 2:15

Christ warned his followers not to fear being killed
Luke 12:4
Christ himself avoided the Jews for fear of being killed
John 7:1

Importunity in prayer commended
Luke 18:5,7
Importunity in prayer condemned
Matt 6:7,8

John the Baptist was Elias
Matt 11:14
John the Baptist was not Elias
John 1:21

The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
Matt 1:16
The father of Mary's husband was Heli
Luke 3:23

There were fourteen generations from Abraham to David
Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen generations from Abraham to David
Matt 1:2-6

There were fourteen generations from the Babylonian captivity
to Christ.
Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen generations from the Babylonian
captivity to Christ
Matt 1:12-16

The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
Matt 2:14,15,19,21,23
The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
Luke 2:22, 39

Christ was tempted in the wilderness
Mark 1:12,13
Christ was not tempted in the wilderness
John 2:1,2

Christ preached his first sermon on the mount
Matt 5:1,2
Christ preached his first sermon on the plain
Luke 6:17,20

John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
Mark 1:14
John was not in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
John 1:43/ John 3:22-24

Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with a staff
and sandals
Mark 6:8,9
Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with neither
staffs nor sandals.
Matt 10:9,10

A woman of Canaan besought Jesus
Matt 15:22
It was a Greek woman who besought Him
Mark 7:26

Two blind men besought Jesus
Matt 20:30
Only one blind man besought Him
Luke 18:35,38

Christ was crucified at the third hour
Mark 15:25
Christ was not crucified until the sixth hour
John 19:14,15

The two thieves reviled Christ.
Matt 27:44/ Mark 15:32
Only one of the thieves reviled Christ
Luke 23:39,40

Satan entered into Judas while at supper
John 13:27
Satan entered into him before the supper
Luke 22:3,4,7

There was but one woman who came to the sepulchre
John 20:1
There were two women who came to the sepulchre
Matt 28:1

There were three women who came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:1
There were more than three women who came to the sepulchre
Luke 24:10

It was at sunrise when they came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:2
It was some time before sunrise when they came.
John 20:1

There were two angels seen by the women at the sepulchre, and
they were standing up.
Luke 24:4
There was but one angel seen, and he was sitting down.
Matt 28:2,5

There were two angels seen within the sepulchre.
John 20:11,12
There was but one angel seen within the sepulchre
Mark 16:5

Christ was to be three days and three nights in the grave
Matt 12:40
Christ was but two days and two nights in the grave
Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>

The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go into Galilee
Matt 28:10
The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go tarry at Jerusalem
Luke 24:49

Jesus first appeared to the eleven disciples in a room at
Jerusalem
Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
Jesus first appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee
Matt 28:16,17

Christ is equal with God
John 10:30/ Phil 2:5
Christ is not equal with God
John 14:28/ Matt 24:36

Jesus was all-powerful
Matt 28:18/ John 3:35
Jesus was not all-powerful
Mark 6:5

The law was superseded by the Christian dispensation
Luke 16:16/ Eph 2:15/ Rom 7:6
The law was not superseded by the Christian dispensation
Matt 5:17-19

Christ's mission was peace
Luke 2:13,14
Christ's mission was not peace
Matt 10:34

Christ received not testimony from man
John 5:33,34
Christ did receive testimony from man
John 15:27

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #255
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post

Let me put this whole, I’m-not-a-Christian bit to rest. At that time, I didn’t consider myself one. For many years I have gone back and forth between Christianity and my own religion I called Veridicanism. I have come to see that Veridicanism simply leads me back to Christianity. So, at this time in my life, I have decided to make a stand. I won’t be going back.
Are you sure? That was only a month ago.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote