Old 11-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #16
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Or dog biscuits. I looked over my last invoice from Foster & Smith. One of the flavors of treats is listed as "FISH POT".

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #17
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
disciple wrote View Post
I am a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am here to discuss Christianity as well as science and philosophy. I look forward to getting to know you better. My background is that of agnostic materialism, growing up in a secular household. I gave my life to the Lord last year, and He has changed my life big time..through Him I got away from addiction and depression, and now I experience joy and contentment in place of those things. See you around the board.
Hi yourself. Perhaps I can learn something from you? Would you help me with the following (for a start) please?:

How do you "give" yourself to Jesus? What is the specific process for that?

Do you accept that the bible is the inerrant word of God?

Could you explain the three gods in one - God, the Son and the Holy Ghost - as this has always puzzled me? Did you give yourself to one of these, or two or all three?

Which bible do you regard as the word of God, assuming you do, as there are so many diffierent bibles?

Are you a creationist or do you accept evolution as a reality?

What language did the serpent speak to Eve in the Garden of Eden?

As Adam and Eve were the only people on the planet until Cain and Abel arrived can you tell me who Cain and Abel found as partners/wives to breed with?

That will do for a start. I look forward to hearing from you and I hope this will be the start of a constructive and mutually educative experience.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #18
Eva
Super Moderator

i want to know age/sex/general backgroud so i can file this person correctly.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #19
Kate

Old 11-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #20
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #21
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
I'm not illustrating that, ILJ. :shudder:

Besides, the new douche has already revealed how little there is of its allegedly drug-addled brain.
Shudder ? Shudder? I hope that is with excitement! Yes we seem to be being educated in creationism. And the art of retardation.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #22
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
disciple wrote View Post
Kate already brought poo into the debate in another thread, so it seems too late. Ridicule is what atheists do to Christians, so I don't expect anything more than that really. Occassionally, people surprise me, and those are the people I am here to talk to. Everyone else is just going to do what they're already doing now.

Nice to meet you, btw.
You are not being rediculed, only your personality is. We are not ridiculing your soul or spirit.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #23
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
disciple wrote View Post
I am a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am here to discuss Christianity as well as science and philosophy.
Welcome to the board, disciple.

Why did you choose Christianity? Also, if you were to choose another religion, do you think you would experience the same "joy and contentment"?

Please explain.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #24
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
disciple wrote View Post
Ridicule is what atheists do to Christians, so I don't expect anything more than that really. Occassionally, people surprise me, and those are the people I am here to talk to. Everyone else is just going to do what they're already doing now.
Atheists tend to ridicule the religious beliefs of Christians because we have so many questions about what you believe and why you believe it but we never get any convincing answers. 'Convincing', meaning supported by logic, proper reasoning, and substantial evidence.

Also, I can tell you that it's safe to assume that 99% of the people on this forum are going to ridicule your religious beliefs in one way or another. If you don't want that you had better leave now, not to be rude or anything.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #25
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
disciple wrote View Post
I am here to discuss Christianity as well as science and philosophy.
Do you believe in the Noah's Ark story? I don't care to discuss subjects as intricate as science and philosophy with someone who believes two of every animal on earth, male and female, could fit on any man-made watercraft.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #26
Kate

Every animal on earth, ever, West. Don't forget them dinosaurs on the ark. Rawr!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #27
Irreligious
I Live Here

Disciple, neither we nor you can debate anybody's beliefs.

If, instead of invisible god/man Jesus, you had come to this forum professing a belief in Gin-Gin, the invisible genie dog, we couldn't really debate you on that belief. We could challenge what you profess to believe or ridicule it, but that's about the extent of it.

Just so you know.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #28
Broga
Obsessed Member

Disciple: When am I going to get a response so that we can begin our discussion? What I have asked should be fairly straightforward and easy for you as a follower of your Lord to answer. I assume you have thought about these issues.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #29
Kate

Old 11-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #30
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
disciple wrote View Post
I am a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am here to discuss Christianity as well as science and philosophy. I look forward to getting to know you better. My background is that of agnostic materialism, growing up in a secular household. I gave my life to the Lord last year, and He has changed my life big time..through Him I got away from addiction and depression, and now I experience joy and contentment in place of those things. See you around the board.
Hi, disciple! I am happy to hear that you traded your addiction to drugs (?) for a less harmful (?) addiction to religion. If you have truly suffered from depression, I strongly suggest that you don't squander your new-found cheer by arguing with people. If your intention is to have your belief system torn to shreds, then you came to the right place. As a highly-moral secular humanist, I strongly suggest that you seek association with like-minded people who share your dogmatic beliefs. Find those who can commiserate with your situation. Why not find some Christmas program to participate in for the holidays?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote