Old 11-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #76
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Ghoulslime's Miraculous Walking Rabbit

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #77
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Rosy is a barking puppy?
There are times of sustained yapping, yes. I like it when she hides the bone.
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #78
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
If there is the truth that you can see and the ones that you want to believe, wouldn’t that be more than one truth?

You must be using Christian mathematics. 2+2=6
Something like, seeing is believing!
ricardocoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #79
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
That is truly stunning news. Should I give away all of my shit, and then wait on the top of a mountain somewhere?

Could you give us just a bit more detail as to how this miraculous event will transpire? Will this be a Jesus-induced sight restoration? A medical operation? The swarthy hosts of Uranus?
The "miracle" that has been prophecied will occur on a Thursday at 8:30 p.m. in Garabandal, Spain in March, April or May, between the 8th and 16th day of said months and at the moment of said "miracle", Joey Lomangino of Brooklyn, N.Y. will regain his eyesight after 61 years of total blindness.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #80
ricardocoav
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
There are times of sustained yapping, yes. I like it when she hides the bone.
And I am talking about a ONE HOUR OLD puppy. Seeing is believing for me in real life, in dreams that's another matter to discuss.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #81
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
ricardocoav wrote View Post
You guys seem to be having fun with me! I don't mind if that makes you happy. I have another story to tell you even if you don't care, but I like to always tell the truth. Just try and figure this one out:

I so happens that in 1998 my dog gave birth to three puppies and after an hour, one of the puppies (she died a year later) stood up and then sat in front of her mother and started to bark at her, about 20 seconds later she went back to the "newborn stage". I can tell you this, because I was not the only one to see it. My wife remarked: Look at that, the puppy is sitting and barking at her mother! How could that be? I saw it with my own eyes and one of my sons also.

I had a cam camera, but I didn't use...there is a story as to why I didn't do it.

Why this happened the way it did...I don't know. I have told this story to many people, including 4 veterinarians and they say it's is impossible, but that they only believe me, because I said it. You could go and laugh, it won't bother if it makes you happy.
I know you are right. I have seen the translated transcript of the incident and the puppy, indeed turned mature briefly, was asking its mother to join the pups in a game of poker.

What a lame and forgettable anomalous event (not a miracle).

Here's a real miracle for you to explain. I was in a local tavern last Tuesday. The rest of the patrons left soon after I arrived. They often do that, I don't know why. As I sat at the bar, the twenty or more toothpicks in a cup at the far end of the bar all hopped out and began a single-file march down the bar as though they were keeping time to some Sousa music. Just as they came to where I sat, the lead toothpick bent toward me and told me not to take any sort of pictures of their little trip. I could only sit there and watch in awe as these toothpicks bounced along, in unison, to the other end of the bar where they, one-by-one, hopped into the empty cup that sat there. Here's the miracle, I wasn't drinking!

Now, I ask you, what are the odds that I would be in a tavern on a Tuesday night and not drink? Such a thing is unheard-of in the history of this town and it is probably a physical impossibility. So, go ahead, explain it since you are so expert in the ways of the miraculous!

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #82
Tenspace
I Live Here

Tripping balls, maybe?

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #83
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
I still have a little bunny shrine in my bedroom. I'm still waiting for him to be resurrected or reincarnated.
Have you considered enlisting the cult of taxidermy when you tire of waiting?

Old 11-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #84
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Seeing is NOT believing because eyesight is always false to some degree.

You cannot see your "blind spot" and yet, it obscures a small region of your visual area. Your sight machinery pretends that the scene is unbroken.

The vast number of well-known "optical illusions" should convince you that what you are sure that you see is often false and needs to be independently confirmed before you trust it.

Indiana Jones should certainly have checked more carefully before his "leap of faith", stepping onto that invisible bridge in "The Last Crusade".

Old 11-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #85
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Why don't you worship David Blaine then? Go to one of his shows, see some amazing shit, and then believe it. Also, you undermine your own argument since we didn't see jack shit, and yet you are trying to convince us that your bullshit is somehow meaningful. I think the one hour old barking puppy is probably a lot smarter than you. At least he (supposedly) can stand on his own, unlike your fantasy world.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #86
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post

Indiana Jones should certainly have checked more carefully before his "leap of faith", stepping onto that invisible bridge in "The Last Crusade".
Exactly, all he had to do was take a piss out into the abyss, and then follow the yellow brick road to the other side.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #87
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
The "miracle" that has been prophecied will occur on a Thursday at 8:30 p.m. in Garabandal, Spain in March, April or May, between the 8th and 16th day of said months and at the moment of said "miracle", Joey Lomangino of Brooklyn, N.Y. will regain his eyesight after 61 years of total blindness.
Exactly what kind of total blindness? Was that a medical diagnosis that can be verified from documents or was it just what "people" said about him?

Were both eyes ripped out by a puma? Was he wearing a blindfold for 61 years of religious devotion, like a monk's vow of silence? You see that regaining eyesight in the first case would be much more remarkable than for the second case.

How well could he see before the blindness struck? It matters as a baseline for evaluating the quality of the "cure" if it happens.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #88
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
And I am talking about a ONE HOUR OLD puppy. Seeing is believing for me in real life, in dreams that's another matter to discuss.
Dreams are not another matter to discuss since they are, by definition, only dreams with not a stitch of connection to reality.

Your puppy story is a fine example of the uselessness of testimony as evidence for any event or the existence of any identifiable item. There is simply no way for you to provide a means by which, the thing can be independently verified. Verification is certainly required since mortal humans are adept at lying, being mistaken and at self-deception. The more important the claim, the more verification is needed since the stakes are correspondingly higher.

You have given us no slightest reason to believe that you ever had a dog or puppies or even a mother who did not leave you at an orphanage immediately (one hour) after your birth. In short, you have no credibility here.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #89
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Exactly, all he had to do was take a piss out into the abyss, and then follow the yellow brick road to the other side.

Also, having cleared the way of threats, he should have pushed a flunky ahead of him to test the sustaining power of a chasm of apparently empty air.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #90
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:

oo cool another sevens to rip apart

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote