Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 AM   #301
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
How many of us, played cowboy and indians? Without giving a second thought to histories harsh realities. These kids are probably no different.

That was my take on it.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #302
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Jahrta wrote View Post
I sense a little intellectual dishonesty here. When most western kids play soldier, they are pretending to fight the enemy soldiers, firing imaginary guns and dropping imaginary bombs on "the enemy" which nowadays more likely than not mean some nondescript middle eastern nation's soldiers. When the kids from the video were playing soldier, their definition of that role is to strap a bomb to themselves and walk into a soft target to kill unsuspecting civilians who are more often than not just there minding their own business.You don't see the distinction? Also, for these children, this game all too often becomes a reality. This is part of their indoctrination and training for their role in their death cult. If you insist on keeping boys from playing soldier it won't change anything or reverse the perceived desensitization to killing - it all boils down to parenting skills. If your parents are brainwashed members of a death cult then I doubt it would really make much of a difference what you play - if you grow up with all those influences and nothing else getting in the way, odds are you'll end up the same way, with a bomb strapped to your chest as you walk into the local fallafel hut.

I am not trying to make excuses, and I am not trying to be intellectually dishonest. My initial feeling was that these kids might be engaging in play acting, sort of like the "cowboys and indians" game that my generation grew up with. It could be part of an indoctrination program organized by adults, which would be sickening, but I just don't know, from that video alone. There is so much propaganda, it's hard to discriminate.

But I do agree that suicide bombing of civilians is fundamentally different than firing back at soldiers who are also trying to kill you.

I also don't think that soldier play acting or video games turn children into killers, for the reasons you and others mentioned above: social, cultural, and psychological factors are obviously most important.

But I am also aware that we martyr our own soldiers, many of them barely out of childhood, for equally appalling reasons, IMO. We may justify it to ourselves, but I can't help but feel that we are sending people off to die to improve the profits of oil corporations and other big companies. I don't want to go off on this tangent on this thread, but the point is, human societies have always groomed their children to be soldiers, and we are foolish if we think we are not guilty of this as well. It is easy to point the finger at other cultures, but we have to be willing to look at our own behavior as well.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #303
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Also, sorry to all the other gamers I offended! I did not mean to portray video games as the cause of violence. I was trying to make an analogy, obviously, not a good one.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #304
Jahrta

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
I don't want to go off on this tangent on this thread, but the point is, human societies have always groomed their children to be soldiers, and we are foolish if we think we are not guilty of this as well. It is easy to point the finger at other cultures, but we have to be willing to look at our own behavior as well.

Ok I concede you make some valid points. On the other hand, regarding the part I quoted above, every nation needs soldiers, like it or not. It's the price we have to pay for our independence and freedom. Flag-waving aside, the fact of the matter is that there isn't a country in existence today that has decided to do away with their armed forces because we don't live in a utopian reality and there will always be people who wish to do us harm. Most of them are driven to want this due to religious propaganda, brainwashing and misplaced rage.

Think of it as Skull Island for theistic beliefs...Even if you survive the Choobusaurus there is still that ravine full of giant atheistropods waiting to make a meal of you.
"I won't think in your church if you promise not to pray in my school"
Jahrta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #305
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
How many of your friends heads exploded in front of your very eyes
Oh, my imagination was much worse than that!

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #306
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Umm. I was talking about the video post of the kids playing "suicide bomber". I see the threads moved on to video game violence etc. Sorry about that.
I didn't get a clear context about that video.

Were the kids just playing or, like som clips we have seen of Jesus Camp, were they in training? Somebody was holding the camera. Was he saying to us "see, even in hardship kids can be happy at their play" or "every new generation of our people is being brought up to hate you and destroy you"?

Old 03-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #307
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Also, sorry to all the other gamers I offended! I did not mean to portray video games as the cause of violence. I was trying to make an analogy, obviously, not a good one.
Apology accepted. Reading your last post, I understand what you meant a bit more.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #308
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

ILOVEJESUS wrote:
"How many of your friends heads exploded in front of your very eyes"

I make FaithPSychotics, PseudoAtheists in this forum that do not know crap & ignorant folks heads explode with FACTS. Which reminds me of exploding toads:

We know the brain is the creator of the bizarre metamagical beliefs found in ALL religions & neurological disorders like schizophrenia. This link both as a neurological syndrome....the brain is the control center of all animals. The psychosis of belief in God & pseudoAtheism can make their heads "explode" trying to figure things out, specially that their brains & not the arse is the organ one MUST use to create thoughts with.... so they go insane, specially with me keep reminding them....

Hmm..is this what made frogs literally explode? GodBElief of the ToadKind? .Ahhh christPSychosis, PseudoAtheism affected frogs as some RAF folks....

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...28-toads_x.htm

Exploding toads in Germany baffle scientists
BERLIN (AP) — What's making toads puff up and explode in northern Europe? More than 1,000 toad corpses have been found at a pond in an upscale neighborhood in Hamburg and over the border in Denmark after bloating and bursting.

It's left onlookers baffled. The pond water in Hamburg has been tested, but its quality is no better or worse than elsewhere in the city. The toad remains have been checked for a virus or bacterium, but none has been found.

One German scientist studying the splattered amphibian remains has a theory: Hungry crows are pecking out their livers.

"The crows are clever," said Frank Mutschmann, a Berlin veterinarian who collected and tested specimens at the Hamburg pond. "They learn quickly from watching other crows how to get the livers."

Based on the wounds, Mutschmann said, it appears that a bird pecks into the toad with its beak between the amphibian's chest and abdominal cavity, and the toad puffs itself up as a natural defense mechanism.

But, because the liver is missing and there's a hole in the toad's body, the blood vessels and lungs burst and the other organs ooze out, he said.

As gruesome as it sounds, it isn't actually that unusual, he said.

"It's not unique — it's in a city area, and that makes it spectacular," Mutschmann said. "Of course, it's something very dramatic."

There have also been reports of exploded toads in a pond near Laasby in central Jutland in Denmark.

Local environmental workers in Hamburg have described it as a scene out of a horror or science fiction movie, with the bloated frogs agonizing and twitching for several minutes, inflating like balloons before they suddenly burst.

"It's horrible," biologist Heidi Mayerhoefer was quoted as telling the daily Hamburger Morgenpost.

"The toads burst, the entrails slide out. But the animal isn't immediately dead — they keep struggling for several minutes."

Hamburg's Institute for Hygiene and the Environment regularly tests water quality in the city and has found no evidence the toads were diseased. The institute also ruled out a fungus brought in from South America was infecting the toads.

Other theories have been that horses on a nearby track might have infected the amphibians with a virus, or even that the toads are committing suicide to save others from overpopulation.
Could hungry crows be a reasonable answer?
"We haven't seen that. It might be, it might not be," said institute spokeswoman Janne Kloepper. "It's speculation," until it's observed, she added.

In the meantime, officials in Hamburg have advised residents to stay away from the pond, which German tabloids have dubbed "the death pool."

AHHH..isn't science grand?... while ChristPsychosis, PseudoAtheism & ignorance makes people spout insane crap?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #309
zdave

The above post is:

a) off topic
b) spam
c) idiotic

Mod, please ban user.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong"
- Carl Sagan
zdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #310
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Cal is our piss stained drunken uncle who sits in the corner and dribbles.
If he gets too bad, we shift the overspills to his calbingo thread.
Just ignore and he fades away.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #311
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
zdave wrote View Post
The above post is:

a) off topic
b) spam
c) idiotic

Mod, please ban user.
I suggest uneducated fool. to remove your pseudo atheist brain out of your arse.
I see your ignorance impedes you from realizing this thread is called:

Religion of Peace? - - My Bollocks

The psychopathy in question is ISLAM PSYCHOSIS, yes PA (PseudoAtheist) ignoramus, this schyzotypy makes people accept the Bizarre Metamagical BElief in prophets, flying horses, demons just like ChristPSychosis, as REALITY. Do you want me to spell it to you moron?
So, my post was not off topic, spam or idiotic.

If you were educated having a brain in working order then you would have realized that to post such a dumb post would have confirmed you jealousy & ignorance.

Hmm...I suspect you're a ChristPSychosis infected Brit because people infected with ChristPSychosis, IslamPsychosis or any other form of schzizotypy want the TRUTH to be banned...way to go dumbarse.

Please get a brain..the one you have is malfunctioning...ta....ta...

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #312
Sternwallow
I Live Here

We had a spate of exploding frogs up here in the Nothreast that got some press coverage a few decades ago.

Cal will loudly insist that frogs are identical to toads because they both have slimy skin and pop eyes and mouths indistinguishable from Calpurnpiso's.

Around 1000 frog carcasses were found to have exploded, around the bank of a large pond just outside of our village.

All of the investigations came up negative for bad water, bacteria, viruses, Crows, Cows, Horses and even Muskrats. Rabid rabbits were not tested for but they seemed unlikely to be the culprits. Make a note 100 times that horses were NOT involved.

It was a big mystery until one of the townspeople associated the discovery of the little green bodies with earlier sounds of firecrackers. They connected the dots and apprehended three miscreants with smuggled fireworks.

Remember, fireworks are products of the brain/mind, not dragged, all moist and slippery from Cal's behind.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 PM   #313
zdave

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
I suggest uneducated fool. to remove your pseudo atheist brain out of your arse.
I see your ignorance impedes you from realizing this thread is called:

Religion of Peace? - - My Bollocks
And this has what to do with exploding frogs? In addition, how can one be a pseudo atheist? It's a negative position of disbelief... sooo, are you questioning why I'm atheist by saying this? I'm not sure you know enough about me to make this assertion. Capital manners by the way.

Quote:
The psychopathy in question is ISLAM PSYCHOSIS, yes PA (PseudoAtheist) ignoramus, this schyzotypy makes people accept the Bizarre Metamagical BElief in prophets, flying horses, demons just like ChristPSychosis, as REALITY. Do you want me to spell it to you moron?
So, my post was not off topic, spam or idiotic.
Exploding frogs connected to Islam? I'm afraid I see that as idiotic. Sorry you don't feel the same way. Again, nice manners.

Quote:
If you were educated having a brain in working order then you would have realized that to post such a dumb post would have confirmed you jealousy & ignorance.
Oh, and you do? You come here and repost the same shit over and over again and then claim to have a working brain? Haha, funny stuff. One again, nice manners.

Quote:
Hmm...I suspect you're a ChristPSychosis infected Brit because people infected with ChristPSychosis, IslamPsychosis or any other form of schzizotypy want the TRUTH to be banned...way to go dumbarse.
Actually I'm Australian,and atheist. Awesome manners.

Quote:
Please get a brain..the one you have is malfunctioning...ta....ta...
Oh that's it? OK. I'm really unsure why that happened. But, cal... allow me to extend the same manners back to you that you have to me... Fuck off you soggy turd. No one here is interested in anything you have to say and are just waiting for the day you fuck off once and for all. Every word of your ramblings is like a turd in my drink to a point where it's becoming a veritable 2 girls 1 cup scene.

It's fine, go ahead and believe your ChristPsychosis thing. I don't want to discuss the fuckin' thing with you and neither does anyone else here. Keep firing out those youtube videos in the vain hope that someone out there will find you remotely interesting (your family included).

Take it easy bud.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong"
- Carl Sagan
zdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #314
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Hmm..I think this thread should be renamed to:

ReligiousPsychosis of Peace? --- Crapola!

..but leave it to PA IslamPsychosis paranoid Brits, who now own RAF, to give a thread such a stupid name.

Bollocks? what's that?...a meaningless utterance said by neurologically handicapped folks when looking for concepts that their vacillating brains can't grasp

I do declare, to my research lab I must repair...

Do you want me to educate you with the origins of IslamPSychosis and how it is a more of tolerant schizotypy of peace that its more ancient counterpart ChristPSychosis?

They came from the same ancient source of Bizarre metamagical Belief system that the ingestion of entheogens created. Out of tune malfunctioning Brains always produce them.

If you stop behaving like ignorant children writing puerile posts, then I will be more that happy to educate you on IslamPSychosis, its exemplary interpretation of tolerance & peace demonstrated when Saladin begun dealings with ChristPSychosis infected Richard the Lionhearted ( he marked jews with a yellow star & loved to burn them inside synagogues) whom he CURED after this schizotypal English psychopath, Roi Coeur de LEon, felt ill.

History proves ChristPSychosis is the most virulent of the bizarre metamagical belief acceptance schizophrenia-like disorders. Islam is sane reasoning compared to Christianity. One can not accurately discuss the present attitude of the belief without going back to its roots.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #315
fiatlux

I wonder why schizophrenics of all faiths see the classical symptoms of their mental illness remiss when they are administered antipsychotic meds like, say, haldol, zyprexa or abilify. Yet they retain their faith in the irrationality of the supernatural on the med.

Maybe because the pathology of psychosis and religious belief are quite different things?

I dunno. Sounds rational to me.

Oh, fuck. I overwound the toybot.
fiatlux is offline   Reply With Quote