Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #16
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
Trying looking at what I quoted. Cryptic I know.
That is cryptic... maybe, try writing in English next time.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #17
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Forget that, when does bingo start?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #18
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Trying looking at what I quoted. Cryptic I know.
I would, but it appears you forgot to actually quote anything.
I know it's difficult, but do try in future to keep track of your bullshit.

Now then, back to my last question, which you failed spectacularly to answer. Where do you think you see this?
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #19
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
I would, but it appears you forgot to actually quote anything.
I know it's difficult, but do try in future to keep track of your bullshit.

Now then, back to my last question, which you failed spectacularly to answer. Where do you think you see this?
Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
.... when really, it's not.....
Quote:

So the atheist argument rests on "when really, it's not". Does anyone here, ever, have anything to say?.
I only hope this somehow reaches you. I don't expect, just hope.

meh
selliedjoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #20
Irreligious
I Live Here

It's explained in the name: Atheist, which means one who is without a belief (or faith) in the existence of a god or God.

Hence, atheism is explicitly about nonbelief or a lack of faith. Nothing more.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #21
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Saturday wrote View Post
fixed
Weak atheism is weak, who cares what someone does not believe in?

meh
Old 07-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #22
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
It's explained in the name: Atheist, which means one who is without a belief (or faith) in the existence of a god or God.

Hence, atheism is explicitly about nonbelief or a lack of faith. Nothing more.
"When really it's not" is a statement of what is true, not what Michael lacks belief in.

meh
Old 07-03-2013, 03:13 AM   #23
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Weak atheism is weak, who cares what someone does not believe in?
You do, apparently.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 07-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #24
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
"When really it's not" is a statement of what is true, not what Michael lacks belief in.
It is quite true that atheism has nothing to do with faith, only the lack of faith in the existence of a God or gods. The word atheist literally mean without belief in God. The definition of the word does not speak at all to what atheists are required to believe.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 07-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #25
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Okay, I see what you've done there.

You've taken something I said about theists trying to reposition their worldview of hear-say and false assertions as being equal footing with the mountains of evidence that points away from their proposition, and tried to re-phrase it as me saying that the entire atheist position comes down as "it's not because I say it's not".

That's incredibly dishonest. My statement there was in regards to this exact type of thing. When faced with the evidence - provided here, and in other conversations with you and others ad infinitum, all you can come back with are statements. Not facts. Not "X says Y, therefore Z is unlikely". You come back with "This is how it is. I know it is because it is". Then you've held onto the one, lone sentence that looks like your argument from me, and held it out there as "being the atheist argument".

You are, unfortunately, guilty of the very thing I was writing about in that post. You are taking the evidence, ignoring it, then trying to change the argument so that it's "your word against mine".

Now, I know you. You'll say "but you haven't provided evidence", and then I'll link you to the times I have - at least the ones that weren't deleted. Then you'll say "that's not evidence". There won't be any reasoning behind why it's not evidence. There won't be anything offered to counter what I provide. It will simply be your assertion that what I provide is not evidence: we just have to take your word for it.
This is how it went last time, and the time before that, and the time before that.

Notice a pattern there? You state something as a fact, rather than provide evidence. We provide evidence, so you wave it away, hoping desperately your dancing act will distract from the facts, and instead re-issue another statement - unsupported by anything but your own word - as fact, rather than provide evidence.

You will continue to try to represent the argument as "50/50", because to misrepresent the mountains of evidence contrary to the bullshit you have splayed here is the only way your argument can hold.
To stand on it's own against everything there is that points in directions other than that precious belief you want to hold, would be to show your argument for what it's really worth - nothing.

This is the game that you must play to keep up. You have nothing to say, nothing to add, and you never have.

But please, feel free to prove me wrong.

Somehow, given your history, I doubt you will.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #26
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Okay, I see what you've done there.

You've taken something I said about theists trying to reposition their worldview of hear-say and false assertions as being equal footing with the mountains of evidence that points away from their proposition, and tried to re-phrase it as me saying that the entire atheist position comes down as "it's not because I say it's not".

That's incredibly dishonest. My statement there was in regards to this exact type of thing. When faced with the evidence - provided here, and in other conversations with you and others ad infinitum, all you can come back with are statements. Not facts. Not "X says Y, therefore Z is unlikely". You come back with "This is how it is. I know it is because it is". Then you've held onto the one, lone sentence that looks like your argument from me, and held it out there as "being the atheist argument".

You are, unfortunately, guilty of the very thing I was writing about in that post. You are taking the evidence, ignoring it, then trying to change the argument so that it's "your word against mine".

Now, I know you. You'll say "but you haven't provided evidence", and then I'll link you to the times I have - at least the ones that weren't deleted. Then you'll say "that's not evidence". There won't be any reasoning behind why it's not evidence. There won't be anything offered to counter what I provide. It will simply be your assertion that what I provide is not evidence: we just have to take your word for it.
This is how it went last time, and the time before that, and the time before that.

Notice a pattern there? You state something as a fact, rather than provide evidence. We provide evidence, so you wave it away, hoping desperately your dancing act will distract from the facts, and instead re-issue another statement - unsupported by anything but your own word - as fact, rather than provide evidence.

You will continue to try to represent the argument as "50/50", because to misrepresent the mountains of evidence contrary to the bullshit you have splayed here is the only way your argument can hold.
To stand on it's own against everything there is that points in directions other than that precious belief you want to hold, would be to show your argument for what it's really worth - nothing.

This is the game that you must play to keep up. You have nothing to say, nothing to add, and you never have.

But please, feel free to prove me wrong.

Somehow, given your history, I doubt you will.
No, all you've done once again, is say you're right without justification. That's all the resident atheists here do.

You've never provided any evidence for anything. If you claim to have provided evidence, it's better to actually prove that you have as opposed to stating you have in a non-existent post.

meh
Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #27
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
You do, apparently.
If you base your entire perspective on what you lack belief in at, and then actively dwell on your lack of belief someone needs to call you out on your bullshit.

The world doesn't need more bullshit, all you lot do is contribute to it.

meh
Old 07-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #28
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
It is quite true that atheism has nothing to do with faith, only the lack of faith in the existence of a God or gods. The word atheist literally mean without belief in God. The definition of the word does not speak at all to what atheists are required to believe.
If you're going to quote what I write, at least address it. This is bollocks.

meh
Old 07-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #29
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
If you base your entire perspective on what you lack belief in at, and then actively dwell on your lack of belief someone needs to call you out on your bullshit.

The world doesn't need more bullshit, all you lot do is contribute to it.
I don't base my "entire perspective" on the unsupported claims of others. I merely react to the claims, or ignore them when possible.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 07-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #30
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
If you're going to quote what I write, at least address it. This is bollocks.
My response to your post directly addresses your claim that the atheist position is based on "when really it's not."

I'm telling you what the atheist position is: It is a rejection of unsupported claims of the supernatural, or a lack of faith in such claims.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox