Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #31
clambake
shred

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
So Clam- you talking Linux at me? I woulda thought the gnomes would be friendlier
I lean KDE personally with either kubuntu (ubuntu/KDE) or PC-BSD (freebsd/KDE), currently the former. What's your flavor? I haven't looked into the new Unity interface yet so I can't comment on it but if you have an opinion please share. I never had anything against gnome, just prefer KDE since it does resemble winduhs which I have to use sometimes so it makes the transition easier.

Oh yeah, linux rocks

Also vcookie still up for grabs

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #32
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

I have been away for a few days so have loads of threads to catch up on. Have noticed that they are running much quicker, the only thread that was slow was a really long one where the smelly old fucker was shutting it down. So as requested by the aforementioned wanker, I would like to report a marked improvement.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #33
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Well, that is good to hear you old phlatulant phallus phucker and tugger of the camembert foreskin. I assume the improvement is in your wrist action?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #34
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I think our uber-mistress has given the server a slap or two around the chops.
Feel free to report any noticable difference in speed - or not as the case may be.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #35
ghoulslime
I Live Here

I started to panic today, when I saw the site down. I wondered if Jesus had returned and God would be showing up at my house to demand my worship. I even considered worshiping him for a moment, then thought to myself, "Why should I worship that fucking wanker if he took down RA? Fuck him! Mother fucker! Put my goddamn Jesus pictures back on the Internet, and then I'll think about singing some songs about you and shit!" Then I remembered that there is no God, was no Jesus, and that the site was likely being overhauled with new gears and switches and such. Whew! I'm just glad it is all over.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #36
Eva
Super Moderator

it DOES seem faster!

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #37
ubs
I Live Here

It's so painful, when one pays for something, to admit that a free version might have been a better choice.

That said, the site really is devastatingly slow and I would like to suggest that we switch to reddit/hackernews software in the interest of saving/resurrecting the community.

The application is free and past cost is past.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #38
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I'm still getting variable speeds but tending to the 'very slow'. Other sites I visit are ok, which suggests it's not connection that's the problem. Not being a big enough geek, how can one tell if it's software, server capacity/speed or sheer volume of data that's causing the problem?

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #39
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I don't know what you are all talking about, I've never had problems. With the site that is.

May be it's something to do with Greece defaulting.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #40
psychodiva
I Live Here

not having any problems at all - apart from the odd episode of posts going into the nether black hole regions of moderation

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #41
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I'm still getting variable speeds but tending to the 'very slow'. Other sites I visit are ok, which suggests it's not connection that's the problem.
Exactly what I am experiencing.

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Not being a big enough geek, how can one tell if it's software, server capacity/speed or sheer volume of data that's causing the problem?
I hear you. I think it's probably the volume of the data, but we could mothball the old stuff - application and all - without removing it, for people with the patience and interest to peruse it and then redirect the forum traffic to a new installation.

They say restaurants and bars that want to stay in business should redecorate every five years. We're due anyway.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #42
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I suggest you send any ideas for betterment to Chris via PMs, as I know she has this forum hosted with other stuff she uses and I don't know how splitting off could affect her.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #43
dogpet
Obsessed Member

At last a big improvement. Well done & thanks admin

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:22 AM   #44
Chris
Please vote!

You're welcome. I took so long because I'm lazy.

I can delete this thread now?

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Lazy is easy. Now sloth, that would be impressive.
Don't ask me for decisions

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote