Old 03-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #1
baconeatingatheistjew

http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/

Help yourself. I've left comments there. This guy is off his rocker.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

He sounds like someone with an IQ in the Salty/Carico percentile.

I do like one of his post titles, though: 'Did the Dinosaurs Kill God?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
StillSurviving

"Secondly, evolution, whatever it is exactly, defies reality. Any imbecile knows that a complex mechanism needs to be created by an intelligent designer. And any imbecile knows that “like begets like” – squirrels give birth to squirrels, fish to fish, people to people. No matter how long you work at it, a fish cannot be selectively bred to become a horse or a person. Evolution contradicts all this."

I imagine this is what one side of the debate sounded like when scientific people started to think that perhaps the earth revolved around the sun.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
baconeatingatheistjew

He is delusional. But this a common trait amongst those who don't accept evolution. I really went after him for the following post:

The argument from evil - refuted
One of the most convincing arguments for atheism is the “argument from evil”. As I understand it, what this argument says is that the Bible contradicts reality. The Bible says that God is just; however in reality innocent children sometimes suffer which is unjust. Therefore the Bible is bogus.

It’s obvious that this argument is not too good since for thousands of years people believed in the Bible and this never bothered them. However I will answer it anyway.

The Bible does say that God is just. It also says that He angry, jealous and vengeful. It says that He punishes children because of the parents’ sins and He collectively punishes communities because the majority was sinful.

Some may object that they don’t like this, and I will respond “Tough; this is how the game is played. Get used to it.”

From this perspective, the Holocaust is one of the greatest proofs of God’s existence. There was no natural cause for the Holocaust. The Jews were disliked to some extent, however they were not anti-German and they bothered no one. There was no reason for Germans to kill Jews. Imagine America being partially devastated by an Islamic nuclear terrorist attack and responding by killing all homosexuals in the United States. This is absurd, yet that is basically analogous to what Germany did. However it all makes sense when one considers God’s contract with the Jews – to kill Jews if they abandon Judaism, something which happened in an unprecedented scale in Europe from 1840 to 1940.
My reply: God is probably very pissed right now too. 25% of Jews in Israel are Atheist now. Assimilation is at a high in the West as well.
According to your theory. God is getting ready to try to wipe us out again. And God can't seem to differentiate between Jews who believe and those who don't. He murdered a lot of very religious Jews in Europe in the 40's.
I guess Hitler was just doing God's work.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #5
a different tim
Obsessed Member

I was kind of dubious about that one as well (well OK, I'm using understatement - it's one of the most repellent things I've ever heard). It's certainly what seems to be implied by his post. Maybe he should get in touch with Clara.

However there seems to be a long history in religion of, whenever bad things happen, religious fanatics saying "it's God's punishment because of sin!" so I'm not too surprised.

I notice he doesn't actually challenge your post in his response ("so why not repent? It couldn't hurt") either.

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat-catching, and will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"
a different tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
StillSurviving wrote
"Secondly, evolution, whatever it is exactly, defies reality. Any imbecile knows that a complex mechanism needs to be created by an intelligent designer. And any imbecile knows that “like begets like” – squirrels give birth to squirrels, fish to fish, people to people. No matter how long you work at it, a fish cannot be selectively bred to become a horse or a person. Evolution contradicts all this."
I like that he contradicts himself. His claims that "evolution...defies reality," and then points out a claim that evolution doesn't make. Never in history has anyone tried to claim that through the process of evolution, "a fish [could] be selectively bred to become a horse." Never.

What evolution claims is that fish and horses and people are all descended from a common ancestor which is neither fish, nor horse, nor person. Over enough time, those descendants lost the ability to interbreed, thus demarcating them as separate species.

Simply: evolution does not claim that you can be selectively bred to become your brother or your sister. Evolution claims that you, your brother, and your sister are descended from a common ancestor -- your parents.

Godidiots make my scalp itch.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
Jahrta

"Godidiots make my scalp itch."

That sounds like a segue for a new Atheist shampoo: "Sense 'n proof"

Think of it as Skull Island for theistic beliefs...Even if you survive the Choobusaurus there is still that ravine full of giant atheistropods waiting to make a meal of you.
"I won't think in your church if you promise not to pray in my school"
Jahrta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #8
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Theist hair product: 'Sham Poo'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote