oo I like that one

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #17
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
tell you what- if it turns into yet another attention-seeking fest for the bovine cownt then i'll ask it be closed and start a bovine-free one

A voice of reason wins again!

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #18
dogpet
Obsessed Member

This is total hearsay which I've no intention of backing up, but there's a fair chance Poland if ever investigated will prove as bad if not worse than anything so far. Unfortunately it could take many years as the catlickers have such a strong hold there that any claims against the church about anything are waved away by the government, & the press have been advised not to sensationalise.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #19
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

A few Polish snippets from 2007.

Quote:
A Polish newspaper has reported that diocesan officials and an archbishop ignored cases of pedophilia and sex abuse of minors by priests in the Diocese of Plock, Poland.
Quelle Surpise!!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #20
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post

A voice of reason wins again!
well- eventually not lol

Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #21
psychodiva
I Live Here

The NSS take on it all

Quote:
Now the Vatican is trying to protect itself with its age-old trick of blaming the messenger. After the New York Times published its evidence, a senior Vatican official said there was a concerted campaign to damage the Catholic Church and its supreme leader. “It’s obvious the New York Times has its mind made up. You have to ask why they didn’t print a story earlier this month on the conviction of a Jewish rabbi in Brooklyn on eight counts of sex abuse.” The official also referred to a libel case against Oprah Winfrey that involved sex abuse allegations that was settled quietly on Wednesday. “But then why the Front Page for this story? They are targeting the Pope. There’s a blood lust for attacking the Catholic Church. We have to look at these cases one by one. There is plenty of embarrassment to go around: district attorneys, school teachers — take your pick.”
But the Catholic Church, unlike all these others, seeks to tell us relentlessly that it is the ultimate moral authority, that it cannot be wrong on matters ethical, and that all other codes are inauthentic or wrong. Yet, as our Executive Director repeated last week at the UN, the Vatican is in breach of the Convention on the Rights of the Child. These are the reasons why it deserves special treatment and special attention. And why its sins – which it so readily condemns so readily in others – are magnified by its own claims to the moral high ground.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #22
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

To me it is very simple. If the current pope Ratzenberger or whatever did indeed recieve evidence of pedophile priests around the world and he did nothing, well. How is he going to justify it? He thought he would let God deal with them or something I suppose will be his get out of jail card. If you pardon the pun.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #23
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
"There’s a blood lust for attacking the Catholic Church."
Then maybe they should stop handing out buckets of blood every Sunday. They're just asking for it.

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
inkadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #24
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
What's interesting is the lack of much coverage about anything priests get up to, when according to my albeit minor (np) source, such things are common knowledge but never mentioned. Does the cover-up in heavily indoctrinated areas go down to the base level for some reason?

Wonder if Saint Paul the Magnificent was carrying much Polish guilt whilst flogging himself?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #25
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
well- eventually not lol
That's OK. The cow in question may read that she is unwanted here and will quietly stay away out of common courtesy*.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

That cownt is completely graceless.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #27
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

So where will next papal clown shoe fall? Africa? Latin America? Lots of children abused there I imagine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #28
Choobus
I Live Here

I predict that we will discover that priests have been up to no good on uranus for years (the power of christ compels them)

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #29
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
To me it is very simple. If the current pope Ratzenberger or whatever did indeed recieve evidence of pedophile priests around the world and he did nothing, well. How is he going to justify it? He thought he would let God deal with them or something I suppose will be his get out of jail card. If you pardon the pun.
The value that must be preserved here, against all the aspects of the scandal, is neither the welfare of children nor the greater glory of God; it is the "good name" of the Roman Catholic Church. The church will always be seen to cover its own decrepit ass rather than bring the spotlight of criticism on its own behavior. It even protects other religions to deflect attention from religion as a whole for its own sake. When there was so much violence and rampage over the famous cartoons, did the church condemn those Muslims responsible for the deaths and destruction? No, it blamed the cartoonists for their blasphemy.

We (humanity) MUST let religion pass into the "fear-filled infancy of the race" as an historical fluke, a conceptual parasite that attached itself to us by subverting some of the mental circuits built in us over many millenia for our survival.

For sure, we should retain the community, fellowship, mutual support, and the good works. but leave all of the fearful, hateful, destructive, infantile and immoral woowoo behind.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #30
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post

That cownt is completely graceless.
I'm sure you are right, but it is in the generous and charitable nature of atheists to attribute good behavior as a possibility even in the presence of cartloads of contrary evidence.

The cow in question has, I'm sure, the capacity to do some few minor good things, though obviously no great things; so I think a gentle suggestion that she voluntarily stay the hell out of this thread, if she does not do another worthwhile thing in her life, is in order.