Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #10
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
I wouldn't say there were life events that led to me being atheist. I think the basic reason why I am one is that religions are very clearly just stories to me. Sorry if that's kind of insulting to you, but it's the truth for me.

If I had to name some life events, they might be not getting satisfying answers to my questions in religion class and meeting other people who don't believe.
I understand somewhat where you are coming from. My sister, who is atheist as I have mentioned, believes the Bible was put together by a bunch of drunks who are laughing their asses off that people believe it now to this day.

She is also a respiratory therapist in health care and has seen much suffering and she can't understand why if there WAS a God why he would allow so much suffering and evil into the world.

That is the Number 1 reason I hear most often as to why people don't believe in Go; the suffering and horror in the world. It's easy for me to understand; but I see the Grace where sin abounds.

Romans: 5:20

New International Version

New International Version
The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

Thanks for sharing your reason. I do not believe all atheists go to hell as some here would insinuate. I have known atheists that live far better lives than their hypocritical Christian counterparts.

Welcome.

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote